High quality freefonts are always nice to have, but usually they are extremely hard to find. Usually it requires much time and patience to get a lead on some gorgeous typofaces out there. Every week we take a close look around, visit dozens of typography-related sites, check out the latest updates and choose the best free fonts, which have been released or appeared over the last few weeks. And all the fonts we find are getting published immediately, here on Smashing Magazine. So what did we find this week?
1. Chúcara: to get the font, contact the designer Juan Pablo De Gregorio or add a comment to the post, explaining, who you are, why are you willing to get the font and how do you intend to use it. The author sends the font via e-mail. Links checked: June/26 2008 – 2 Fonts deleted.
Zalamander: Download the all caps version of Zalamander. All fonts are provided in OpenType format. The full version contains more than 800 glyphs including cyrillic and provides full OpenType functionality.
[image and reference via typoblog.ch]
Even more Freefonts!
Here are the articles with references to over 50 high quality freefonts we’ve managed to collect so far. Thanks to all designers, typo-artists, bloggers and foundries, who/which released these fonts for free, spread the word and thus enriched the state of web-typography enormously.
- Freefont of the Week: Romeral
- Five Freefonts You Shouldn’t Have Missed
- Freefont District Thin
- Freefont Tallys
- Fresh Free Fonts: Audimat, Share
- 19 More Free Quality Fonts
- 25 Best Free Quality Fonts