With the growing popularity of CMS, Wikis and Weblogs, WYSIWIG-editors lose their users. However, many of those editors offer many advantages, such as Integration of SVN, FTP Clients, Developer’s extensions and programming environments. Using them, you can save your time and increase your efficiency. Not every code has to be written in Notepad, not every problem has to be solved manually. Therefore some good starting points for improving your WYSIWYG-skills can be useful.
You might be willing to use at least some of them for your next projects. Particularly video-tutorials are amazing, don’t forget to check them out.
PS: You might also be interested in
- Adobe Illustrator Tutorials3
- Adobe Photoshop Tutorials4
- Ultimate Tutorials Round-Up5 and
- Web 2.0 Tutorials6
we’ve reviewed recently.
Adobe Dreamweaver Video Tutorials
- lynda.com Online Training Library: Dreamweaver Training7
A very extensive library of Dreamweaver Video-Tutorials with more than 87 hours of professional, quality material. You
cancould get your free 24-Hour Pass to the Online Training in the Lynda Freepass Section8.
- Dreamweaver – Wikivid10
Over 160 video-tutorials from dozens of web-sites, available for preview and download. Among themes, covered in the list are Basics, Tables, Layers, Databases, MySQL, Flash, Shortcuts, Dreamweaver MX 2004, Dreamweaver MX, Dreamweaver 4.0, Dreamweaver 3.0.
- WZ2K: Digital Illusions Explained11
Over 200 video-tutorials. Among them the tutorial series Dynamic Dreamweaver, Dreamweaver CSS, Web Application Development, Total Training – Adobe Dreamweaver / Adobe Photoshop, 100% CSS Design.
- Free Dreamweaver 8 video tutorials12
27 Dreamweaver Video Tutorials.
- Free Dreamweaver Video Tutorial s – Total Training13
References to Dreamweaver video- and text-tutorials, references and books.
Tutorials for Beginners
- Dreamweaver 8 In Pictures
This tutorial helps beginners learn the basics of creating Web sites with Adobe Dreamweaver 8: Dreamweaver Basics, Utilities, Navigation & Layout, Interactivity, Advanced Layout.
- Creating Your First Website with Dreamweaver 814
Macromedia’s Tutorial for Beginners: Part 1: Setting Up Your Site and Project Files, Part 2: Creating a Table-Based Page Layout, Part 3: Adding Content to Pages, Part 4: Formatting Your Page with CSS
- Dreamweaver MX
Tutorial for beginners. 9 lectures.
- Dreamweaver Tutorial – Learn how to use Dreamweaver15
13 basic Dreamweaver tutorials: Dreamweaver installation, Dreamweaver templates, CSS styles, tables, rollover effect. Find Dreamweaver hosting.
Libraries with Dreamweaver Tutorials
- Dreamweaver MX 2004 and Dreamweaver MX Tutorials16
The University of Wisconsin hosts 70 comprehensive tutorials for Dreamweaver MX 2004 and Dreamweaver MX. These Dreamweaver tutorials cover virtually all of the features and functionality of these versions of Dreamweaver.
- Dreamweaver tutorials, Web design tutorials for Macromedias studio MX , Flash, ColdFusion, Fireworks and CSS.17
Hundreds of Adobe Dreamweaver articles, tutorials and extensions on CommunityMX.
- Adobe Dreamweaver 8 free tutorial19
Going throught 15 Learning Units you’ll learn, how to design complex sites with Adobe Dreamweaver. Excercises and video-examples
are supposed to provide help when needed; you can even test your skills in the evaluation tests.
- Adobe Dreamweaver Tutorials20
Over 300 tutorials about Behaviors, Collaboration, CSS, Customization, Database Related, Extensions, Formatting Text, Getting Started, HTML Editing, Layers, Linking and Navigation, Page Layout Design, Site Management, Site Planning, Tables, Templates and more.
- WebThang Tutorials: 53 Adobe Dreamweaver Tutorials
The site offers 53 tutorials, which cover different aspects of the design process with Adobe Dreamweaver.
- Dreamweaver 8, MX 2004 und MX Tutorials21
A huge list of references to Dreamweaver 8, MX 2004 and MX Tutorials.
- Photoshop Collage Tutorial multiple images in Photoshop23
In the course of 8 lessons, you learn to use Photoshop and Imageready to design a website. In the first part you’ll prepare the homepage by producing the background and blending an image.
- Learning Adobe Dreamweaver24
Designing with CSS in Dreamweaver MX 2004: 36 Adobe Dreamweaver Tutorials.
- Dreamweaver Menu Extensions and CSS Templates25
Some interesting examples of using Dreamweaver to create image galleries, web page components and navigation menus.
Articles, Tips, Tricks
- Dreamweaver Regular Expressions Are Your Friend26
“A list of regular expressions that you can use in Dreamweaver. To load these expressions, click the folder icon which is directly above and right-aligned with the Find text field. From there, you will be able to load and use these regular expressions. I have no doubt that you will be able to improve upon many if not all of these regular expressions I have put together. Nonetheless, it is a good place to start.”
- Dreamweaver as a Rails IDE
You can use Dreamweaver as a Rails environment. Shaun Andrews explains, how it goes and what you need.
- Building a DHTML Drop Down Menu with Dreamweaver > Downloading the Project Files28
With DHTML drop-down menus, you can add nice interactivity to your Web site. However, hand-coding DHTML takes time, even for experienced designers. Adobe Dreamweaver helps you incorporate DHTML without having to learn the underlying code. Learn here how to use it.
- Dreamweaver 8 Does Standards! [Software Tutorials]29
Rachel Andrew about Web Standards, Adobe Dreamweaver and creating standard-compliant web-sites with Dreamweaver.
- How to edit WordPress themes using Dreamweaver30
WordPress, like most PHP-MySQL CMS, uses template files to control the appearance of websites. To use Dreamweaver to edit or customize WordPress themes, you need to combine these different PHP files into one page so that you can immediately view, while editing the codes, how the page would appear.
- How to Create RSS feeds with Dreamweaver31
“In this tutorial I’m going to outline two different styles of content which broadly encompasses the two primary sets of web content that get converted to feeds — Single Pages and Directories. Single pages are single HTML files that contain multiple stories, each of which is treated as a unique entry to be linked to by the RSS feed. Directories contain multiple HTML files, each of which contains a single story and links to each must be entered in the RSS feed. RSS DreamFeeder, once configured, will do all of this automatically for you when you process the feed. You can define multiple feeds for your website and each feed can have its own configuration.”
- Building a Forum with Dreamweaver
Building a forum in 4 steps: Part 1: Getting Started, Part 2: User Authentication, Part 3: Posting Messages, Part 4: Replying to Messages
- Inserting Fireworks HTML into Dreamweaver33
“In this tutorial we are going to insert a table that was created in Fireworks (be sure to check out the Fireworks tutorial on Creating a Navigation Bar). Once we have inserted the Fireworks HTML into our Dreamweaver document, we will add the corresponding links using the Point-to-File method we learned about in an earlier tutorial.”
- Creating dynamic layers with interactive image rollovers using Dreamweaver34
In this tutorial we are going to use multiple layers stacked over another, and make it viewable, when the mouse is rolled over in an Image
“How often do you want to know where one div ends and the next starts in any particular browser. Now you can get the Firefox Web Developer Toolbar36. This little DW extension adds a nice span around any content.”
- My Free PR – Free Extension For Dreamweaver Eases Integration with Google Innovations
WebAssist’s Dreamweaver Tools for Google makes it easy for small business and Web pros to effortlessly enhance their Web sites with additional functionality.
- Ades Dreamweaver Tutorials37
Adobe Dreamweaver Tutorials, e.g. Create Rollover/MouseOver effect, Making use of I-Frames, Learn how to structure your pages before the design, Learn how to validate forms with Dreamweaver und viele mehr
- Build PHP Applications With Adobe Dreamweaver MX [PHP & MySQL Tutorials]38
Over the next few pages, I’ll be exploring the new PHP functionality in Dreamweaver MX, in the hope that you find it useful the next time you have a PHP project to code.
- XML and XSL in Dreamweaver 840
Learn how to use XML and XSLT in Adobe Dreamweaver.
- Creating Secure Login Page41
This tutorial will teach you how to make a login page in Dreamweaver MX.
- Accessibility Features of Dreamweaver MX and MX 200443
This tutorial describes the new accessibility features of Dreamweaver MX and MX 2004
- Customize Dreamweaver to Your Needs [Software Tutorials]44
This article explains a few of the most useful customization tricks which can be achieved by you, the Adobe Dreamweaver user.
- Dreamweaver 8 Reviewed45
An extensive review of Dreamweaver 8, including Coding Toolbar, Code collapsing, Workspaces, Tag Completion and more.
- Animation in Dreamweaver46
Macromedia’s Dreamweaver does support animation in a little known inspector call the “TimeLine Inspector”.
- PHP and MySQL Error47
This article specifically applies if your Dreamweaver cannot see the tables in your MySQL database or you are getting the error “Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client” when you look at a php page in a web browser served from a Windows 2000, XP or 2003 Server.
- Dreamweaver Image Maps48
Learn how to link to different pages from the same image using image maps in Dreamweaver.
- Dreamweaver Forms50
Tips on customizing input boxes, list menus, submit buttons. Also learn how to validate forms using Dreamweaver behaviors.
- CSS Text Rollovers51
Try out these cool text rollover effects using CSS style sheets.
- Adobe – Dreamweaver Developer Center52
Dreamweaver Developer Center offers tutorials, samples and related articles as well as news regarding Dreamweaver updates and new features.
- Dreamweaver Templates54
A reviewed listing of high quality website template companies. These companies produce professional templates for webmasters.
- Dreamweaver Fever55
Tutorials, Extensions, Articles, Experiments.
Adobe Dreamweaver Extensions
- Codetch :: Firefox Add-ons56
Get the feel of Dreamweaver in a Firefox extension. Edit your documents right next to your web pages as you surf.
- Adobe Dreamweaver Extension Resources58
The official Macromedia extensions site. These extensions have been tested by Macromedia and the list of extensions can be searched by category.
- Kaosweaver – Home of Dreamweaver Extensions59
An overview of useful and popular Dreamweaver Extensions.
- Nearly Geek: Introduction
Subversion for Dreamweaver (SVN4DW) is a Dreamweaver extension that provides easy access to a subversion repository from within Dreamweaver on Windows. SVN4DW currently provides access to the most commonly used SVN functions, and new functions are being added all the time.
- WordPress Dreamweaver Extension
WordPress Template Builder (WTBDWE) – this is a WordPress extension for Adobe Dreamweaver. I made this extension to facilitate the development of WordPress templates in Dreamweaver. It has some cool and nice feautres, like special functions, loops, includes, etc. I included most useful by me functions and also some rare functions, which I not known by most WP users.
- 1 http://www.adobe.com/products/dreamweaver
- 2 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macromedia_Dreamweaver
- 3 http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2007/02/03/adobe-illustrator-tutorials/
- 4 http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2007/01/12/hand-picked-photoshop-tutorials/
- 6 http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2007/03/10/web-20-tutorials-round-up/
- 7 http://movielibrary.lynda.com/html/modListing.asp
- 8 http://lynda.com/freepass/cs2/
- 9 http://movielibrary.lynda.com/html/modListing.asp
- 10 http://wikivid.com/index.php/Dreamweaver
- 11 http://www.wz2k.co.uk/index.php?catID=1&mod=listdl
- 12 http://www.video-tutes.com/packages/DWDesign1.php
- 13 http://www.photoshopsupport.com/dreamweaver/tt/total-training.html
- 14 http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/dreamweaver/articles/first_website_pt1.html
- 15 http://www.siteground.com/tutorials/dreamweaver/index.htm
- 16 http://www.educationonlineforcomputers.com/blogs/post/Free_Training_Photoshop_Flash_Dreamweaver_FrontPage_Adobe_Macromedia_Apps/512/Great-Tutorials-for-Dreamweaver-MX-2004-and-Dreamweaver-MX
- 17 http://www.communitymx.com/category.cfm?catID=1&typeid=1
- 18 http://www.communitymx.com/category.cfm?catID=1&typeid=1
- 19 http://www.teacherclick.com/dreamweaver8/index.htm
- 20 http://www.tutorialized.com/tutorials/Dreamweaver/1
- 21 http://www.d.umn.edu/itss/support/Training/Online/webdesign/dreamweaver.html
- 22 http://www.d.umn.edu/itss/support/Training/Online/webdesign/dreamweaver.html
- 23 http://www.photoshopcafe.com/tutorials/super%20tutorial%202/website.htm
- 24 http://www.adobetutorialz.com/categories/Macromedia-Products/Macromedia-Dreamweaver/
- 25 http://www.projectseven.com/
- 26 http://www.somerandomdude.net/blog/development/dreamweaver-regular-expressions/
- 27 http://www.somerandomdude.net/blog/development/dreamweaver-regular-expressions/
- 28 http://www.phptr.com/articles/article.asp?p=29835&rl=1
- 29 http://www.sitepoint.com/article/dreamweaver-8-standards
- 30 http://max.limpag.com/2006/06/07/how-to-edit-wordpress-design-using-dreamweaver/
- 31 http://www.webreference.com/programming/rss_feeds/
- 32 http://www.webreference.com/programming/rss_feeds/
- 33 http://www.hotcoding.com/Webdesign/HTMLCSS/200611/27279.html
- 34 http://www.macronimous.com/resources/dynamic_layers_with_dreamweaver.asp
- 35 http://www.heavyweightgeek.com/2007/03/26/useful-dreamweaver-extension-the-brd-is-the-word/
- 36 http://chrispederick.com/blog/
- 37 http://www.adesdesign.net/php/dreamweaver.php
- 38 http://www.sitepoint.com/article/macromedia-dreamweaver-mx
- 39 http://www.sitepoint.com/article/macromedia-dreamweaver-mx
- 40 http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/dreamweaver/xml.html
- 41 http://www.adesdesign.net/php/tutorials/dreamweaver/secure_login.php
- 42 http://www.adesdesign.net/php/tutorials/dreamweaver/secure_login.php
- 43 http://www.webaim.org/techniques/dreamweaver/
- 44 http://www.sitepoint.com/article/customize-dreamweaver-needs
- 45 http://www.adobetutorialz.com/articles/563/1/Dreamweaver-8-Reviewed
- 46 http://www.adobetutorialz.com/articles/581/1/Animation-in-Dreamweaver
- 47 http://www.synergymx.com/page.php?Title=PHP_and_MySQL_Error/
- 48 http://www.entheosweb.com/website_design/image_maps.asp
- 49 http://www.entheosweb.com/dreamweaver/layers.asp
- 50 http://www.entheosweb.com/website_design/dreamweaver_form_tips.asp
- 51 http://www.entheosweb.com/website_design/css_styles.asp
- 52 http://www.adobe.com/devnet/dreamweaver/
- 53 http://www.adobe.com/devnet/dreamweaver/
- 54 http://www.dreamweaver-templates.org/
- 55 http://dreamweaverfever.com/
- 56 https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/1002
- 57 https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/1002
- 58 http://www.dwfaq.com/Resources/Extensions/default.asp
- 59 http://www.kaosweaver.com/