- December 10th, 2007
- 63 Comments
Your workplace and the atmosphere surrounding you determine the way you work and explore your imagination. The more inspirational your workplace is, the easier it is to break the creativity block and discover new ideas. And apparently there is a number of things you can do to improve your personal workflow.
As a part of our Monday Inspiration series we present a dozen of creative and unusual workplaces; in the end of the post you’ll also find references to related resources, among them office design galleries and Flickr pools. They can serve as an inspiration once you’ve decided to spice up your work environment.
You can also click on the images — they lead to the sites from which the screenshots have been taken.
The Milk desk: a design to match Apple gear; with white surface and rounded edges. As Alexander Kjerulf states4, “it lowers and raises electrically, it has ways to hide the cable clutter, and it also has four compartments at one end that can be configured for storage, trash or, em, as an aquarium.”
Pixar’s workplace: designers are allowed to design their workplace as they wish.
Google offers its engineers and developers full freedom. Not only bicycles can be found in the offices; also cats and dogs are quite usual.
References and Further Resources
- Flickr Pool: Inspiring Workplaces16
- Pimp Your Office Flickrset17
Some cool ways to spruce up your office environment.
- Creative Work Environments18
- Office Design Gallery19
Inspiration from the best of office design.
- On My Desk20
Artists, illustrators, designers and creative folk share the stuff on their desks.
- 10 Seeriously Cool Workplaces21
- 12 Ways To Pimp Your Office22
Here are some ways to spruce up a workplace that may actually inject some color and fun into your work environment.
- Creativity in the workplace23
Veerle Pieters discusses ways how to decorate your personal space and improve your workflow.
- Cool Workspaces24
An overview of ways people decorate their workplaces: some good, some bad, some cluttered, some clean.
- 1 http://www.flickr.com/photos/kenson/703710518/in/pool-inspiringworkplaces/
- 2 http://www.flickr.com/photos/mutematt/527382505/in/pool-inspiringworkplaces/
- 3 http://positivesharing.com/2007/03/12-ways-to-pimp-your-office/
- 4 http://positivesharing.com/2007/03/12-ways-to-pimp-your-office/
- 5 http://farm1.static.flickr.com/226/461586084_6745e69baf_o.jpg
- 6 http://www.officedesigngallery.com/template_permalink.asp?id=103
- 7 http://www.officedesigngallery.com/template_permalink.asp?id=103
- 8 http://www.thecoolhunter.net/design/CREATIVE-WORK-ENVIRONMENTS---Do-you-work-in-one-/
- 9 http://www.thecoolhunter.net/design/CREATIVE-WORK-ENVIRONMENTS---Do-you-work-in-one-/
- 10 http://nymag.com/guides/2007/officelife/30009/index3.html
- 11 http://www.flickr.com/photos/didak/477054638/
- 12 http://www.thecoolhunter.net/design/CREATIVE-WORK-ENVIRONMENTS---Do-you-work-in-one-/
- 13 http://www.flickr.com/photos/79428304@N00/431470359/
- 14 http://www.officedesigngallery.com/template_archives_cat.asp?cat=12
- 15 http://www.officedesigngallery.com/
- 16 http://www.flickr.com/groups/inspiringworkplaces/pool/
- 17 http://www.flickr.com/photos/79428304@N00/sets/72157600018042179/
- 18 http://www.thecoolhunter.net/design/CREATIVE-WORK-ENVIRONMENTS---Do-you-work-in-one-/
- 19 http://www.officedesigngallery.com/
- 20 http://on-my-desk.blogspot.com
- 21 http://positivesharing.com/2006/10/10-seeeeeriously-cool-workplaces/
- 22 http://positivesharing.com/2007/03/12-ways-to-pimp-your-office/
- 23 http://veerle.duoh.com/blog/comments/creativity_in_the_workplace/
- 24 http://tutorialblog.org/cool-workspaces/