In corporate design brochures and booklets are a standard tool for promotion and advertising. They are tiny books or magazines which lay around in conference halls, offices and waiting rooms. Sometimes they contain an annual report of the company or showcase the portfolio of an artist. Brochures can also be included in CDs and DVDs; however, usually they are given away as freebies (e.g. they may contain a calendar or some poster inside).
In either case, booklets serve advertising purposes and since they are usually short (max. 25-30 pages) they need to look good and be informative in order to focus users’ attention and effectively convey the message. Unfortunately, only few brochures are indeed designed with close attention to details. However, there are a number of options for creative and appealing booklet and brochure design.
This post showcases beautiful examples of brochure and booklet design. We have tried to include creative, visually appealing and interesting design solutions; the booklets presented below are nice to have in the hand and take with you. Hopefully, everybody will find something interesting and unusual for herself or himself.
You may want to take a look at our related posts
- Beautiful and Expressive Packaging Design1
- Excellent Book Covers and Paperbacks2
- Breathtaking Typographic Posters3
- Award-Winning Newspaper Designs4
- Data Visualization and Infographics5
Brochures and Booklets Link
Ant and blanket pattern graphics are used to interperet the common picnic in this event brochure for Architecture Week. Using architecture stencils as the basis for the typography, the brochure has contrasting colours which reflect building materials. The choice of colors is impressive and eye-catching: this is what makes a good brochure design. Created by Rob Brearley, RGB design studio.
ALPHA_TXT has developed into Typeface that represents the evolution of the English language. It reflects the way that we communicate due to our global society. ALPHA_TXT reflects this issue by abbreviating individual characters in the English alphabet. It is governed by same rules imposed as SMS messaging on a mobile telephone keypad. Designed by Viv Greywoode.
A pretty colorful calendar concept. Each
month color is associated with a month — e.g. blue stands for January and red stands for July. The last page contains contact references to designer’s portfolio. That’s an effective brochure design. Designed by Jonathan Davies.
Capital Jest Booklet20
Well, this is a sexy design. Notice how well tiny square at the right bottom corner of the cover stand for the corporate identity of the company: altough being tiny, they are very distinctive and attractive. Corporate & brand identity by studio FIRMA for company Capital Jets, specialized in business aviation. Included creating logo, full brand identity, web design, copywriting, design of exhibition stands, corporate stuff, booklets, design of corporate cars and airplanes. Designed by Firma.
Avant Garde Gothic Typeface Booklet24
Features 27 pages containing information on Herbert Lubalin, the establishment of the ITC, type-classification, font-weights, ligatures and much more. Designed by Bora Acemi.
Restaurants Identity book40
No, it doesn’t really matter what is insde the brochure. The cover is striking and appealing and hence manages to attract readers’ attention. Unfortunately, we do not know how the brochure look like from inside out.
Helvetica 50 project workbook43
Blank workbook designed for Graphic Communication 3rd year Digital Media brief – exhibition design for the 50th birthday of Helvetica. Designed by Breakmould design agency.
This is a brochure/poster for The Silkroad Project. The musical ensemble focuses on creating a flow of connectivity amongst different cultures across the world. This brochure has lines running and connecting through each fold and then folds out into a poster that acts as a calendar. Simple yet beautiful. Designed by Megan Brock.
Car Color Timeline50
The objective behind this piece was to come up with a method to organize information as simple as the color of cars in the most effective and interesting way. Using a timeline system, the structure of Art Center’s Hillside parking lot was organized in step-by-step panels.
The timeline starts with raw data taken from photos and information gathered from each individual car. The data is then broken down into abstract shapes and optical mixing, giving the viewer various choices depending on their personal visual preference. At the end the data is compiled in a fairly generic information graphic. Winner of Adobe Education 2007 Award. Designed by Aaron Kapor.
Original brochure design by a London-based design agency BibliothequeDesign. Take a look at the examples below: the agency combines strong typography with geometric forms and catching colors. And the result is pretty catching as well.
Based on the data gathered by Hoeckstra et al. in their study »Water Footprint of Nations« German designer Timm Kekeritz created this double-sided poster and an accompanying brochure. One side visualizes the water footprint of selected nations, emphasizing the im- and export of virtual water. The other side shows the virtual water content of selected foods and commodities.
The concept focuses on putting the viewer in the position to imagine their perfect home with no images to cloud the potential buyers mind. Instead this brochure features pop-ups to enforce that living at Altus puts you above everything. The combination of textured paper, pop-ups and horizontal lists of various building and neighbourhood amenities lead to a brochure that genuinely display the uniqueness of the product. Designed by Andrew MacPhee.
Alphabet City 2007
A promotional booklet.
Peter&Wendy studio has its own unusual style when it comes to brochure design. The grid in the background and strong, bold typography make the brochure stand out; consequnce: the booklet is distinctive and hard to overlook.
Benance Network Promo108
Booklet containing information and research found during experimentation of Visualising Networks. The aim of the booklet is to promote the benefits of networking in this day and age, from students through to career professionals. The booklet is displayed with the instalation piece and is intended to be taken away with the viewer to keep.
What difference does it make who’s speaking? This brochure is a compendium of research on four different, but inter-related topics. Notes and essays concerning the ‘designer as author’ debate as well as the current state of art education are intermingled with personal investigation of self and the surrounding student community at MCAD. Unusual treatment of type, unusual booklet.
Classic and traditional brochure design which is often used for interior design promotions. Simple yet beautiful, this bookmarklet perfectly manages to communicate with its target group. Designed by Dmitry Galsan.
In April of 2007, 50 artist bookmakers from Bristol and around the world came together at the Arnolfini art gallery to show and sell their work. Ginger Monkey was asked to create an identity for this event that focused on the artistry and hand crafted techniques used to create the books. He came up with a grungy and dirty result which lets the brochure stand out.
Value and Service129
Brochures can be printed not on simple paper, but on other materials. The booklet below shows how geometric shapes can be used to let the brochure not only look, but feel distinctive.
Last Click Link
No, this is not a booklet design. But if it was a booklet, it would be a damn sexy one.
Terrace Exhibition Proposal147
This is probably the sexiest form you ever saw. It was created by Ewan Robertson148 of Oscar And Ewan for Terrace Studios, a gallery in Dalston, London. The project includes identity, design and a website.
Rainbow in your hand
That’s creative. Flipbook with 36 black pages. When you flip through the book, a 3D rainbow will appear inside your hand.
Sources and Resources Link
- 6 sites for brochure design inspiration150
A blog dedicated to booklet and brochure design.
- Margins and Columns152
A brochure design blog.
- Tables of Contents Showcase153
- Grafis Collection154
- Swiss Legacy155
- Turn PDFs into Printable Booklets with BookletCreator156
- 1 http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2008/06/02/beautiful-and-expressive-packaging-design/
- 2 http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2008/04/14/excellent-book-covers-and-paperbacks/
- 3 http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2008/02/25/breathtaking-typographic-posters/
- 4 http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2008/02/11/award-winning-newspaper-designs/
- 5 http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2008/01/14/monday-inspiration-data-visualization-and-infographics/
- 6 http://www.rgbstudio.co.uk/
- 7 http://www.rgbstudio.co.uk/
- 8 http://www.behance.net/Gallery/ALPHA_TXT/88749
- 9 http://www.behance.net/Gallery/ALPHA_TXT/88749
- 10 http://www.behance.net/Gallery/ALPHA_TXT/88749
- 11 http://www.behance.net/Gallery/ALPHA_TXT/88749
- 12 http://www.behance.net/Gallery/2008-Calendar/53834
- 13 http://www.behance.net/Gallery/2008-Calendar/53834
- 14 http://www.behance.net/Gallery/2008-Calendar/53834
- 15 http://www.behance.net/Gallery/2008-Calendar/53834
- 16 http://www.behance.net/Gallery/2008-Calendar/53834
- 17 http://flickr.com/photos/yearofthesheep/sets/72157604630157441/
- 18 http://www.robinuleman.nl/
- 19 http://flickr.com/photos/yearofthesheep/sets/72157604630157441/
- 20 http://www.behance.net/Gallery/New-style-to-fly/94005
- 21 http://www.behance.net/Gallery/New-style-to-fly/94005
- 22 http://www.behance.net/Gallery/New-style-to-fly/94005
- 23 http://www.behance.net/Gallery/New-style-to-fly/94005
- 24 http://www.behance.net/Gallery/Avant-Garde-Gothic-Typeface-Booklet/95659
- 25 http://www.behance.net/Gallery/Avant-Garde-Gothic-Typeface-Booklet/95659
- 26 http://www.behance.net/Gallery/Avant-Garde-Gothic-Typeface-Booklet/95659
- 27 http://www.slanted.de/node/1547
- 28 http://www.slanted.de/node/1547
- 29 http://www.slanted.de/node/1547
- 30 http://www.slanted.de/node/1547
- 31 http://www.basedesign.com/sections/works/culture_n_art/erf/08_bcn_cambio_climatico/work?start=1
- 32 http://www.basedesign.com/sections/works/culture_n_art/erf/08_bcn_cambio_climatico/work?start=1
- 33 http://www.basedesign.com/sections/works/culture_n_art/erf/08_bcn_cambio_climatico/work?start=1
- 34 http://www.ultra.li/
- 35 http://www.ultra.li/
- 36 http://www.ultra.li/
- 37 http://www.behance.net/Gallery/Kiosk-37/57777
- 38 http://www.behance.net/Gallery/Kiosk-37/57777
- 39 http://www.behance.net/Gallery/Kiosk-37/57777
- 40 http://www.graphic-exchange.com/archives/03identity_04.htm
- 41 http://www.graphic-exchange.com/archives/03identity_04.htm
- 42 http://www.graphic-exchange.com/archives/03identity_04.htm
- 43 http://www.breakmould.com/work_helv50wb.html
- 44 http://www.breakmould.com/work_helv50wb.html
- 45 http://www.breakmould.com/work_helv50wb.html
- 46 http://www.breakmould.com/work_helv50wb.html
- 47 http://www.behance.net/Gallery/SILKROAD/81140
- 48 http://www.behance.net/Gallery/SILKOAD/81140
- 49 http://www.behance.net/Gallery/SILKROAD/81140
- 50 http://www.adaagallery.com/winners/2252.php
- 51 http://www.adaagallery.com/winners/2252.php
- 52 http://www.adaagallery.com/winners/2252.php
- 53 http://www.bibliothequedesign.com
- 54 http://www.bibliothequedesign.com
- 55 http://www.bibliothequedesign.com
- 56 http://www.bibliothequedesign.com
- 57 http://www.bibliothequedesign.com
- 58 http://www.bibliothequedesign.com
- 59 http://www.bibliothequedesign.com
- 60 http://www.bibliothequedesign.com
- 61 http://flickr.com/photos/rumberodesign/
- 62 http://flickr.com/photos/rumberodesign/544146460/
- 63 http://flickr.com/photos/rumberodesign/544146356/
- 64 http://flickr.com/photos/rumberodesign/544148598/
- 65 http://flickr.com/photos/rumberodesign/544249579/in/photostream/
- 66 http://www.behance.net/Gallery/Sheridan-_-Co-Brochure/87811
- 67 http://www.behance.net/Gallery/Sheridan-_-Co-Brochure/87811
- 68 http://www.behance.net/Gallery/Sheridan-_-Co-Brochure/87811
- 69 http://www.behance.net/Gallery/Sheridan-_-Co-Brochure/87811
- 70 http://www.behance.net/Gallery/Sheridan-_-Co-Brochure/87811
- 71 http://www.traumkrieger.de/virtualwater/
- 72 http://www.traumkrieger.de/virtualwater/
- 73 http://www.traumkrieger.de/virtualwater/
- 74 http://www.traumkrieger.de/virtualwater/
- 75 http://www.traumkrieger.de/virtualwater/
- 76 http://www.scottparkerdesign.co.uk/alba_product_folder/index.php
- 77 http://www.scottparkerdesign.co.uk/alba_product_folder/index.php
- 78 http://www.scottparkerdesign.co.uk/alba_product_folder/index.php
- 79 http://www.behance.net/Gallery/Altus/52980
- 80 http://www.behance.net/Gallery/Altus/52980
- 81 http://www.behance.net/Gallery/Altus/52980
- 82 http://www.behance.net/Gallery/Altus/52980
- 83 http://www.behance.net/Gallery/Altus/52980
- 84 http://www.a-sidestudio.co.uk/cornwallfilm.html
- 85 http://www.a-sidestudio.co.uk/cornwallfilm.html
- 86 http://www.a-sidestudio.co.uk/cornwallfilm.html
- 87 http://www.a-sidestudio.co.uk/cornwallfilm.html
- 88 http://www.behance.net/Gallery/Annual-report-for-Bank-of-Moscow/41852
- 89 http://www.behance.net/Gallery/Annual-report-for-Bank-of-Moscow/41852
- 90 http://www.behance.net/Gallery/Annual-report-for-Bank-of-Moscow/41852
- 91 http://www.behance.net/Gallery/Annual-report-for-Bank-of-Moscow/41852
- 92 http://www.fouriv.com/index.html
- 93 http://www.fouriv.com/index.html
- 94 http://www.fouriv.com/index.html
- 95 http://www.fouriv.com/index.html
- 96 http://www.fouriv.com/index.html
- 97 http://www.bbsaunders.com/
- 98 http://www.graphic-exchange.com/archives/02print_04.htm
- 99 http://www.graphic-exchange.com/archives/02print_04.htm
- 100 http://www.graphic-exchange.com/archives/02print_04.htm
- 101 http://www.graphic-exchange.com/archives/02print_04.htm
- 102 http://www.neuelaboratories.com/gallery/?image=15&slideshow=0
- 103 http://www.neuelaboratories.com/gallery/?image=15&slideshow=0
- 104 http://www.peter-wendy.com/browse_commercial.php?work_id=9
- 105 http://www.peter-wendy.com/browse_commercial.php?work_id=9
- 106 http://www.peter-wendy.com/browse_commercial.php?work_id=9
- 107 http://www.peter-wendy.com/browse_commercial.php?work_id=9
- 108 http://www.behance.net/Gallery/Network-Promo/89084
- 109 http://www.behance.net/Gallery/Network-Promo/89084
- 110 http://www.behance.net/Gallery/Network-Promo/89084
- 111 http://www.behance.net/Gallery/Network-Promo/89084
- 112 http://www.behance.net/Gallery/Network-Promo/89084
- 113 http://flickr.com/photos/83479321@N00/177684542/
- 114 http://flickr.com/photos/83479321@N00/177684542/
- 115 http://helloliz.us/15.html
- 116 http://helloliz.us/15.html
- 117 http://helloliz.us/15.html
- 118 http://helloliz.us/15.html
- 119 http://www.behance.net/Gallery/VERTO-logo--booklet/85216
- 120 http://www.behance.net/Gallery/VERTO-logo--booklet/85216
- 121 http://www.behance.net/Gallery/VERTO-logo--booklet/85216
- 122 http://www.behance.net/Gallery/VERTO-logo--booklet/85216
- 123 http://www.gingermonkeydesign.com/showcase/Design/arnolfini/babe
- 124 http://www.gingermonkeydesign.com/showcase/Design/arnolfini/babe
- 125 http://www.gingermonkeydesign.com/showcase/Design/arnolfini/babe
- 126 http://www.theglossyzine.com/site.php5?issue=issue3&p=mag
- 127 http://www.theglossyzine.com/site.php5?issue=issue3&p=mag
- 128 http://www.theglossyzine.com/site.php5?issue=issue3&p=mag
- 129 http://www.valueandservice.co.uk/
- 130 http://www.valueandservice.co.uk/
- 131 http://www.de-facto.com/print/
- 132 http://www.de-facto.com/print/
- 133 http://www.de-facto.com/print/
- 134 http://www.de-facto.com
- 135 http://www.de-facto.com
- 136 http://www.de-facto.com
- 137 http://ffffound.com/image/2232a3867ea933c39daef8ac7d865d4a47be26b1
- 138 http://ffffound.com/image/2232a3867ea933c39daef8ac7d865d4a47be26b1
- 139 http://www.cpluv.com/www/gallery/wstar/6945
- 140 http://www.cpluv.com/www/gallery/wstar/6945
- 141 http://www.cpluv.com/www/gallery/wstar/6945
- 142 http://www.cpluv.com/www/gallery/wstar/6945
- 143 http://www.siggiodds.com/
- 144 http://www.siggiodds.com/
- 145 http://www.keepitcomplicated.com/projects/gemstones/
- 146 http://www.keepitcomplicated.com/projects/gemstones/
- 147 http://www.aisleone.net/2008/design/sexiest-form-you-ever-saw/
- 148 http://www.oscarandewan.co.uk/terrace.htm
- 149 http://www.aisleone.net/2008/design/sexiest-form-you-ever-saw/
- 150 http://www.jay-han.com/2007/12/30/6-sites-for-brochure-design-inspiration-tips/
- 151 http://www.graphic-exchange.com
- 152 http://marginsandcolumns.com/
- 153 http://www.flickr.com/groups/contents/pool/
- 154 http://www.flickr.com/photos/insect54/sets/72157601878546708/
- 155 http://www.flickr.com/groups/swisslegacy/
- 156 http://lifehacker.com/361751/turn-pdfs-into-printable-booklets-with-bookletcreator