Beautiful Examples of Moleskine Art

More than quick sketches and drawings, Moleskine art can encompass mixed media and even digital art. The imperfect lines, smudges and wrinkles give it dimension and raw honesty that more than ever are sought by digital artists and implemented in software. Regardless of any advancement in technology, pen and paper will always be the number once choice for any budding artist or seasoned illustrator.

No theme or medium is ever neglected for the Moleskine treatment if the mood strikes the artist, spawning art like no other. With abstracts, travel themes and even other-worldly monsters, this collection of Moleskine art sketches and drawings is sure to inspire thought and spark your muse. Below you will find diverse styles created for a medium that refuses to die.

Moleskine Art Sketches and Drawings

Resources

(al)

Nice i like them

Pretty cool! (;

The coffee cup one is repeated twice. Nice collection though. :)

wow – I like them…thanks SM I have now been inspired to try something new with my illustrations.

Vitaly Friedman & Sven Lennartz

October 22, 2008 3:39 pm

@Irene (#4): thanks, fixed.

Lovely collection, really neat idea.

fantastic sketching! makes me want to pick up my pencils and sketch pad again!

i wonder if they r drawing on their bank book?

@kai, uh no its their moleskine. a really extravagant notepad if u ask me.

these guys are fantastic.

dev(Www.iHaCK.ASIA)

October 22, 2008 8:11 pm

Some of them really look weird… and some of them really look Great

I want to collection it.
    and copy them to my sketch book.

Wow, now this is a great post. They’re all good, but this one is great. Fantastic compilation…

oops, Skineart’s link was wrong :)

Michael J. Hildebrand

October 22, 2008 10:58 pm

Very nice. I have had a love affair with these little books for years. They are wonderful for jotting down ideas while traveling. I have some of my Moleskine sketches on my blog if anyone would like to take a gander:
    I love smashingmagazine.com and am glad to see so many others share the loveas well.

cool man, I started to draw in my note book

Number 16 from top is awesome! I wish I could draw like this…

Curt Simon Harlinghausen

October 22, 2008 11:13 pm

G E N I U S.

I have to go to a coffee shop and spend some time there.
    It’s just a petty, that I don’t have the time ;-)

JUST GENIUS.

Very inspiring stuff.
    Makes me want to turn off this PC and go and draw!

Richard Spencer Davies

October 23, 2008 12:14 am

hey, great resource,

error on the first link though to Skineart, its trying to find it within Smashing.

every post has its own priority. i am loving and inspired by every post.

thanks a lot SM

wow. this reminds me – we all computer geeks and graphic designers should much often get off the computer, take a pencil and draw something on the paper… wholly different and refreshing experience

Einfach super genial.

Drooling over them… wish I am this artistic… Moleskine are too expensive anyway…

These drawings are awesome,
    but what is the difference t a normal sheet of paper?
    @kew
    Moleskine are not to expensive, if you concentrate on the value they give you and not on the production costs.

I love my moleskines. Its wonderful to see what other people do with theirs.

These are REALLY amazing, each one of them! Hope that this kind of art will NEVER die…

Great art.
    More post’s like this.

Wayfaring Wanderer

October 23, 2008 5:58 am

I am super jealous of the doodling abilities in this post! What an awesome round-up.

wow.. I gotta get a moleskine

i think #16 were the original sketches for the monster in Cloverfield? I’ve seen it before

What fabulous and inspiring examples! I off to draw in mine now after filling up with eye candy!

nice collection.

lovely stuff

@Michael J. Hildebrand
    Nice work. I like the pencil stuff, since I tend to draw with one color.

It is a wonderful opportunity to get to see inside the sketch books of so many artists and doodlers. It is equally liberating to know it is so easy to share “informal” creativity with others.

There are some awesome sketches in this post :)

Excellent SM!

Now *that’s* a post! Outstanding collection, Elaine B.

Here are a few of my favorite Moleskine collections:

From Saint Petersburg, Russia – design team Indeepop’s Japanese Moleskine project:

The Moleskine Project is an attempt to uncover talent from around the world by asking artists to submit the doodles from their own personal notebooks:

Ines Gamler:

Sorry, my last link should be credited to Fabio Iaschi (I saw it on a blog post at Ines Gamler’s site). Fabio Iaschi is here:

Echt genial. Da bekommt man wieder mal Lust im eigenen Moleskine zu schreiben.
    Link [www.alexextra.com]

I pondered this page as if I was in a book… A silent reverence for the art and artist’s who contributed.

My dear friend Shellie Fiocca does some great abstract portrait work.

Moleskine rocks =)
    –> play/day to day; are my drawings.

Beautiful :)

Impressive!!

Nice! I have about 10 moleskine notebooks filled with this kind of stuff. My daughter says I’m the doodle king!

excelent smashing

Am I the only one who spotted the one that is very obviously NOT a Moleskine?

I drew some wicked kickass art in my notebook, but it wasn’t in a Moleskine(tm) so it’s not very cool.

Look at the fantastic project Moly_X created by the artist Marty Harris.

Some of this is good sketching, but the other 50% looks like the type of crap one finds scrawled in a high school composition book. Well, if you love craft-less and heavy-handed scribbles of dragons and lightening bolts, then I guess this would be a great collection.
    I’ve seen far more interesting sketch books than many of these.

Lovely!!!!!!!!! thank u!!

Christina Entcheva

October 29, 2008 5:36 pm

Great collection! I’m a big fan of Moleskines for my own illustration work.

it is incredible)) I like it!
    я вот тоже иногда балуюсь – http://agrafena.name/o-sebe/191.html

nice illustrations. but moleskin is just a brand. like saying ‘Beautiful examples of Mac art” – as if the brand has anything to do with the creativity. hmf.

moleskine paper sucks for sketching and drawing… even if the small books have a beautiful design:)

wooow…that s real cool

great works!

awesome! moleskine it up people. nothing like the beauiful expressiveness of humanity!!!!!!!!!!!!!

great artwork

Thank you for taking the time to post all of these. i wish more artist put their stuff up for others to see. it’s inspirational. I enjoyed it.

it’s so rude and shows your ignorance when you put down someone’s art because YOU don’t like it. I just read the post from Earl, I just had to say that everyone deserves to be treated with respect, whether you like their work or not.

wow. i had no idea doodling was called moleskin art.
    i do some random stuff too like this :)

Sebastian Waters

January 9, 2009 3:38 pm

A lot of other wonderful and stunning moleskine art, drawings, sketches and of course collages you can also find in the flickr-group Artbook-Klub. And some more details about different artists on the lovely website Notpaper.net.

This is a truly inspiring post – THANKS! I got myself a new kind of sketchbook for 2009. It’s quite expensive – but with more pages of heavy canvas, handcrafted leather bounding (Il Papiro Firenze). I hope it helps to advance my sketches ;) But I will stick to my Moleskine agenda (I really love them…)

I have a moleskine and love it!

Nice pictures!

Awesome!! Makes me want to get back to the drawing board.

supeRad ! been slacking lately but i had been photographing my sketchbooks and posting them to Flickr, and this ^ has me wanting to get back to it. have something like 13 of these puppies left to shoot :P

if you’ve got any interest take a look >

i’ve always loved the notion of a sketchbook; this catch all for the creative process. It’s my humble opinion that the process is, many times, more impressive than the finished product.

definitely dig some feedback – keep it up !

word

I’m just a 10 year old kid but I think the stuff is brilliant, I drew some stuff in my sketch book.

Jessica Baxter

July 3, 2009 4:26 pm

I just got a sick retro white Moleskine cover at: http://www.molecover.com I love rocking it in my local coffee shop!

i loved it!!! kudos to SM!!!! love your website! :)

Love it!
    Let’s see some more!

That if this good I love the Moleskine.
    Many of my drawings in my Moleskine.

look drawingstree.com/

woah this is absolutely amazing.

Garrett Sheridan

May 20, 2010 8:52 am

I’ve put some of mine up on flickr if anyone wants to have a look. http://www.flickr.com/photos/garrettsheridan/sets/72157622341762484/

pupu platter

Two of those panels are digital illustrations with distressed textures applied, just fyi. (16 and 17)
    But still neat.

so inspiring! Ü

Sooo many talented, cool, interesting people. You guys are screwing with my bitterness and cynicism. Stop this art madness you,you Moleskine.

these works are amazing but check out thes link of the moleskine drawings which will blow your mind :D