Beautiful Dual-Screen Desktop Wallpapers

Dual displays come in handy when you are working on several projects at the same time. They allow you to separate everything, organize and work efficiently. Dual displays are highly suitable for Web designers, Web developers and graphic designers and they are rapidly gaining on popularity in last years.

We presented hundreds of fullscreen and widescreen wallpapers in our previous selections; however, we did not cover dual screen wallpapers so far. It’s time to change that. In this post, we present 70 beautiful dual screen desktop wallpapers, collected from around the Web. Each screenshot is clickable and linked to its source. You can find even more excellent wallpapers at the sources themselves.

Screenshot
Dual Screen Wallpapers in action.

Nature

UFO / Flower
Dual screen wallpaper: the one for the left monitor (up to 2560×1600), the one for the right monitor (up to 2560×1600).

Blood Mountain
2560×1024px.

Stinker Deux

3DataDesign Dual Screen Wallpapers
2560×1024px and 3200×1200px.

Nature Dual Screen Wallpapers
40 nature-related dual screen wallpapers in resolutions up to 2880×900px.

Mandolux Dual Screen Wallpapers
A huge collection of over 150 beautiful dual screen wallpapers in various resolutions. Created and presented by Mando Gomez. Examples: Silverback
Two wallpapers, the one for the left monitor (up to 2560×1600) and the one for the right monitor (up to 2560×1600).

Gerbera
Two wallpapers, the one for the left monitor (up to 2560×1600), the one for the right monitor (up to 2560×1600).

Valeria

Hawk Close-Up
Full Screen, Wide Screen, from 1024×768 up to 2560×1600px.

Wood at the beach
2560×1024px.

Panoramas

World Panoramas
48 world panoramas in resolutions up to 2560×1024px.

Dallas at Dusk

Dawn
2560×1024px.

Dual Neurons
2560×1024px.

Games

Dual Screen Game Wallpapers
Over 60 game-related wallpapers in the resolution 3200×1200px.

Fantasy

Fantasy Dual Screen Wallpapers
23 fantasy dual screen wallpapers in resolutions up to 2560×1024px.

Bowbay 2
This wallpaper, designed by Stefan Sicher, is available in multiple resolutions: 5120×1600, 5120×2048, 2560×960, 2048×768, 3200×1200, 3840×1200, 2560×800px.

Abstract

Hard Drive 500 Gb
Three wallpapers, the one for the left monitor (up to 2560×1600), the one for the middle monitor (up to 2560×1600px) and the one for the right monitor (up to 2560×1600).

Fireworks

Dirty Brush

Rock

Further Resources

InterfaceLIFT Wallpapers
A collection of thousands of beautiful wallpapers for widescreens, HDTV, dual-screen monitors, triple-screen monitors and mobile devices.

Digital Blasphemy!
High-resolution, original 3D-rendered computer desktop wallpapers. Members have unrestricted access to the entire collection of 3D wallpapers, which have been created over the last 10 years. Although a small collection, the wallpapers are free for personal use.

Dual Monitor Desktop Background

Dual monitor backgrounds
The largest collection of dual-monitor backgrounds on the Web.

Deviant Art

Dualscreenwallpaper
A huge collection of dual-screen wallpapers: 2560×1024, 1920×1600, 1680×1050, 1440×900, 1280×800.

SoDesk

Customize.org

Wallpaperpimper
A huge archive of dual-screen wallpapers.

Prowallpapers
Amazing collection of professional wallpapers for all resolutions: HDTV, dual-screen, widescreen, PSP, iPod, 2560×1600, 1920×1200, 1680×1050, 1440×900, 1280×800, 1600×1200, 1280×960, 1024×768, 2560×1024.

Flickr

Last Click

Further Resources

Related posts

Also consider our previous related articles:

(al)

Vailancio Rodrigues is a web ninja who bakes semantic muffins. Apart from that he is also interested in Motion Graphics, Visual Effects, Photography and knows little bit of Physics due to his college education . He is from Goa - a beautiful tropical paradise in India.

Game posters i always love them ;)

Great Post!!!!!!!!! and Great Wallis..

Thanks SM

Beautiful, Excellent, Stunning, Useful … ha. Smashing needs some new words.

The Dual Neurons image does not originate from that dualscreenwallpaper.com.

It actually originates from here. Single-screen and Three-screen versions are also available.

G’day Guys,

We have more original dual & triple monitor wallpaper than just about any other website there is, and every single one is cut up for use on single, dual & triple monitor Macs & PCs from 800×600 to 2560×1600, plus heaps of them are free… and there is a new one made free for 24hrs every week day.

Anyhoo… maybe you’ll consider us for next time :)

“sorry, remote linking is not allowed”

BUSTED!! lol

some nice wallpapers here … i particularly like the nature ones.

thanks for sharing.

david

anybody can help me out to set the wallpapers in dual monitor? I tried and i’m getting the same wallpaper displayed in both monitors. Thanks in advance.

NICE! Thanks SM!

Here’s another great one:

Amazing! might wanna ask permission next time for linking to their pictures……

Curt Simon Harlinghausen

December 10, 2008 10:52 pm

Nice idea. I like it.

Nice post!

I’ve got two 24″ inch monitors running Windows XP. I can’t figure out how to setup one wallpaper that stretches accross both monitors. Anyone how knows how to configure that?

Great collection of resources! Thanks for adding my article as a “Further reading” one.

You guys will need to fix that “Remote hosting” thingie ;) .

Like the last one “famous people painted” :). Thanks!

hotlinking in a blog that has as much readers as this? shame on you!

Yeap, someone totally needs to put a link here how to stretch wallpapers across two monitors … I feel so amateur.

Great selection though. Would be cool to have some more snow related ones. I like really ambient backgrounds because I grafitti my desktops in shortcut icons, so snowy mountains, clouds and oceans make great backgrounds for me ;)

Just put what you want as the background (has to be big enough) then put the background on “tile” setting:)

Thanks for featuring my wallpaper not once but twice. :) (linking to the download page download page on my blog would have been even more awesome)

Totally rocks!
    I neeeeeed mmmmhhhmmmmoorrreeeee!!!!1

Any link to the orginal source on the Famous People image, just want them to know it totally rocks.
    Nice collection.

Really nice collection. Like a lot. Thanks

Again, excellent wallpaper show off :D… Like such articles where I have many great wallpapers at one place :D

manaswini nayak

May 25, 2011 2:37 am

hy my name manaswini. iam a student in +2. muje kuch beatuiyful wallpape chahia kya ap doge.

my desktops are vertical (one on top of the other) with resolution 1280 x 1824. Do you have wallpapers for this type of screens? :P

Very nice wallpapers. Too bad I don’t have a dualscreen.

Excellent post and thanks.

Here is what I found after a little google search to get wallpaper on two monitors

To stretch a single image across 2 or more monitors, try this Lifehacker article http://lifehacker.com/software/geek-to-live/make-the-most-of-your-dual-monitors-317479.php (and google throws up some other good info too: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=how+strech+image+across+dual+monitor&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

(Sorry, just realised the Lifehacker link is in the article!)

Hello there, nice post thanx !

For the guys who search how to use it on windows dual screen, I found it !

In fact, you have to open photoshop (or similar) and merge the two wallpaper. And then, go to the screen parameter , choose your big wallpaper and choose Mosaic ! It works on my screens.

Sorry, I’m french, and not so good in english ^^

Have fun,

gUiLe

Amazing great and cool !!

To have your image go across both monitors in XP:

First off you’ll need the background to be one big image. I’ve got 2 1280×1024 monitors, so I needed a 2560×1024 image.
    Next right-click on your desktop -> Properties -> Desktop -> [ Browse ] for the new image, choose Tile in the position dropdown (important!)
    As if by magic, windows will split your image across both screens.

Only problem is if your primary window (the one with the start button) is to the right, you’ll have to cut the image in half and put it back together as one big file with the halves the wrong way round. What, you expected Windows to do something completely properly?!

Very nice collection! Never thought one of my photos would be smashed on here!

Really nice collection….

I usually looks around for widescreen & dual screen wallpapers.
    Again, a nice list.

Very nice wallpapers! Is it okay if I will try to use them with one wide screen?

Love em’! But I tried some of them – and they do not work, even after I slapped the setting to “tile” – simply too small for i.e. like the Venice shot. :(

Well, not off that bat at least – maybe some Photoshop is required, not just the “Set as Background” option :D

Excellent collection!!!

Nice collection. If only I could keep all these applications (Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Outlook, etc.) minimized so I could enjoy them.

awesome backgrounds. Am gonna use them for my mac backgrounds :)

Great stuff, but how are you supposed to actually get them to stretch across two screens on Win XP? Is it possible???

“Down on Earth” is actually by me:

Its actual title is “Dawn” and I would appreciate it if the credit was corrected to me.

very nice collection

Use Ultramon for Dual Monitor Wallpaper on XP

Great Collection

Vitaly Friedman & Sven Lennartz

December 11, 2008 10:57 am

@adit shukla (#37): fixed, sorry.

Quite alright, thanks for your prompt response.

Beautiful! Amazing! Awesome!
    Just the Game and Fantasy posters are not right up my alley, but nethertheless they are great too.

Also make sure to visit zixpk.com for some really great HD Wallpapers!

More ammo for ultramon. Great finds!

I appreciate the work gone into compiling this collection but I don’t get it, these are dual screen but almost all your thumbnails are 16:9, they should be 32:9. At least give a proper representation of the design. There’s a few designs here where the main focus is right in the middle (so split between both monitors) ..that’s NOT good design.

Vitaly Friedman & Sven Lennartz

December 11, 2008 3:53 pm

@Okibi (#47): the problem was that if the thumbnails were 32:9, it would be really hard to recognize anything on the image. Therefore we decided to present some parts of the wallpapers instead of the whole image.

Muy buen post

I was wondering the same thing Okibi. At least on some of them you can take away that they could be dual screen. In any case, smashing mag comes thru again. some pretty sweet dual screen wallpapers. i dig all the abstract stuff. Wallpapers.com doesn’t have any dual screen wallpaper (yet?) but is finallly adding some decent static wallpaper too.

there’re a lot of epic anime walls too, but the scenery and cosmic walls are incredible

Just what I was looking for. I’ve got to agree with some of the other comments; it’s a real pain getting these on to dual screens. I use that NVidia Display nonsense at work, which is unbelievably frustrating to use.

Some beautiful images here, but I personally prefer to exploit the fact there are two monitors. I have dual monitors at work and use two different (but related) images on each monitor. Generally, dark images on the left and light images on the right. Just my two pence..!

mandolux is great

Seem the last picture (Famous People Painted) made by a Chinese. I have seen this pic before and I see have too much Chinese there.
    One big missing is Ho Chi Minh – a Vietnamese great, a big friend of world, is not deal in this picture.

( sr for my eng )

Gonna get myself a second monitor after this post :)

Very nice …!

Nice to see one of my photos up here – the Kynance Cove panorama under the Flickr section.

Though I can’t imagine it’ll fit 2 monitors without some stretching.

Check out my Photostream – search my name on flickr.

Great collection!

Anyone know if a poster print of “Famous People Painted” (http://img2.socwall.com/Art/General/200718113311-4877.jpg) is available for purchase? If so, do you know a web site that may sell it?

Thanks!

Most of these are really good, I had a little laugh at the picture of the Auckland harbour bridge though, first time I’ve seen it look not so hideous!

Your dual-screen wallpapers are truly amazing! Though I don’t have two screens, I could still use it on my single-screen laptop. That’s wonderful….

Thank you so much for posting these, they are the greatest collection I have seen in a long time; great post!

Ben

Patterned wallpaper is a great way to get a high rez background with a smaller file size. My friend and I do a lot of visual studies and make desktop wallpaper patterns out of them. Here’s the link to our site if you want to check them out.

the link to our gallery is http://www.farmidable.com/desktop-wallpapers

Thanks for posting these.

good job

Argh, damn Feedburner! It just spat out this and about a 9 other pre-2008 posts I’ve already read. I guess I should say “good job” and “thank you” this time :P

wonderful, simply wonderful, thx!

There are a few good wallpapers here – but most of them are not.

Lots of these images are resized and up-scaled – making them blurry. TRUE dual-screen wallpaper should be HIGH resolution, IMHO. Some of these wallpapers are not even very wide (only 1024px wide) – that is NOT dualscreen.

Also just linking to a personal flickr group is not helpful – it would be be more useful to link to the actual image.

Thanks!

gourav bhambri

May 14, 2009 2:15 am

i like dual and relatic nature of pictures.

I use Ubuntu 9.04. I have 2 monitors. When I go to System/Appearance/Background-Tab, it asks me for just 1 background file(jpg). So how can I use 2 jpegs?

Webmaster, pls email me your response.

Hi,
    The collections are very stunning.Special thanks to the whole team of Smashing Magazine.
    Keep going!!!!!!!!!!!!

wonderful collection of wallpapers

Many Many Awsome screens … good job!

it just unexpected wn v c these alllllllllll

Another awesome site for dual screen wallpapers is: http://dualwallpapermonitor.com

beautiful………..

beautiful

THANKS! i didn’t know that it was possible to have wide wallpapers on my dual screen system. ^^”

Awsome, i liked that

Excellent Wallpapers and its quality is too good!.. Thanks

Buenisimo

The gorilla is the best one!

A local photographer set up this site for some dual monitor wallpapers – it’s set up in a series, some good shots here!

These are really fantastic wall papers.Prowallpapers are best.I like it too much.Thanks

pics are very beautiful……………very creative pics………..very inspiringggggg

Really i am very happy to see this pictures again and again full satisfied

Mantap….. Saya suka sekali…..

just love it thank you guys , very good job , im using triple 1920×1080 monitors , so i just gt 2 wallpapers ;D

beautiful ,excellent ,stunning,awesome walls. I like it and I also use it for my notebook.

thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bravoooooooooo…….

Nisar Ahmad (Veesa)

May 20, 2010 3:29 am

Beautiful,excellent and nice Wallpapers i and my girl freind like them so much and we use these Wallpapers for our Computers Desktops .

很好看,我用在我的电脑上了,
    一个来自中国的网站设计及网站建设的小公司www.ccxcn.com

Fire pits tables

June 16, 2010 4:53 pm

Awesome!great design..

thanks

fire pit

AMAZING !!!!!!!!!!! UNBELEIVABLE!!!!!!!!!!1

Loved the lizard and the hawk but also those who are in HDR. Great wallpapers. Thanks for sharing them.
    In case anyone is interested in looking at beautiful photographs then check out our webpage viuu.co.uk . We have a large collection of free Twitter backgrounds made from beautiful photographs.

Hello … This collection of wallpapers is truly amazing , all of them are very attractive but the one which i like the most is “Collection Of Fantasy Dual Screen Wallpaper” which is really appreciable …… Keep up the good work … !

TERRANCE LOOKNAUTH

July 14, 2010 5:32 pm

WALLPAPERS STRETCHED WHEN I APPLY THEM TO DESK TOP BACKGROUND.MY MONITOR IS 18″ LCD SCREEN

i love such types of wallpapers, beautiful nature wallpapers

ooohhh…!!!! very nice wallpaper, beautiful ,amazing!!!!!!!!
    I need this type wallpaper
    & this site give me one beautiful place of wallpaper

Love them especially the Chicago one.

great pictures very few sites have this type of collection giid ine….thanx….

very beautiful wall papers zzzz…..
    perfectly goooodd !!!!

Great!
    more…
    there is a list of resources, where you can download dual screen wallpapers: http://actualtools.com/articles/detail.php?ID=1268

brilliant collection of dual monitor wallpapers, I use http://www.murgee.com/MurGeeMon/ to manage dual monitor wallpapers

not so good not are wonderful, only normal

it is beautiful yaar……..

its great, what a collection,

Pakistan is my beloved country .now Pakistan in very troubles we all Pakistani should be help our Pakistan.

AMAZING! OWESOME! BAEUTIFUL! I DON’T KNOW ANY MORE BETTER WORDS TO COMMENT ON THESE EXELLENT PHOTOGRAPHS.

Wonderful collections it is really embarrassing to open the computer.

Wonderful collections it is really mind blowing to open the computer.

please get more collections.

Dear Friend,

Superb!, the best wallpapers I’ve ever seen.

With the best wishes.

Brishna Sadiqi

May 30, 2011 9:03 pm

Wow!!!!!! so nice wallpaper, it’s amazing and attractive, I like Egypt country pyramid,interesting.

beautiful

this post was so amazing to me. I don’t need wallpapers, just clicked to see the images, but some of them were outstanding shots that made me so happy. I guess its better to print out and use them as posters

Dear Friend,

Superb!, the best wallpapers I’ve ever seen.

With the best wishes.

ooohhh…!!!! very nice wallpaper, beautiful ,amazing!!!!!!!!
    I need this type wallpaper
    & this site give me one beautiful place of wallpaper

wow!!!

Pls, make more wallpapers.

Which is ,like a very very very beauty,so nice & looking WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,
    so pretty,a very very very amazing.

Thanks.

Wallpapers are so pretty and natural

Thanks,i got some really wonderful and useful pictures,i wish for your
    continuous service to viewers.

Balakrishna Mule

July 23, 2011 2:10 am

Really wallpapers are so natural

All are so nice

nice backgrounds..

IT IS NOT THE BEAUTY OF THE SCEAN ON THE CONTRAY IT IS THE COMMING OF THE SAME EVENT AT THE SAME PURPOSE IN THIS WORLD TO BE TH SAME UNIFORM LIFE INTO SO CALLED MULTIPLY OF THE SAME EQUATION TO ALL IN LIFE…GOOD END..

wow!!!

Pls, make more wallpapers.

so pretty,a very very very amazing.

Thanks.

I love to nature because nature develope all part of life in a new and modern view .

Saith Zahid From Pakistan

August 25, 2011 1:20 am

love to nature because nature develope all part of life in a new and modern view. i want to see more beautifull nature wallpaper.

i love beautiful wallpapers and i like the stills

like all the wallpapers.i loved it so much!!!!!!!!

very nice wallpapers…….. i like all …………

nice collection

fantastic

fanstactic collection of wallpapers i love it

i love all wallpapers all r so nice ……………………….

Nice collection and best creative with HD quality Wallpaper.

very beautifull collection of wallpapes.
    thanks sooooooooooooo much…

THE BEAUTIFUL WALLPAPER

wow…..!!!! such a nice collection……:-)

I GOT FRESH BY SEEING SUCH BEAUTIFUL DESKTOPS.I WILL NEVER FORGET SUCH BEAUTIFUL SCENES.

Nice Collection

Ch. USAMA MUBARAK

December 2, 2011 11:48 pm

I like It !

these wallpapers are simply the best
    I have never seen this type of wall papers,
    thanks for this.

super wallpaper. very in trusting.

outstanding wallpapers.

mind blowing wallpaper &outstanding wallpaper

very nice wallpapers

very nice wallpapers bater

some of them are so nice but some of them are not so beautiful! thanks!

Thanx 4 soooooooooo sweeeeeeeeeet collection………….

very beautiful

I have no words, in short it’s outstanding

very beautiful