- February 8th, 2009
- 49 Comments
By Jacob Gube
Also, be sure to check out the following related posts:
- 50 Extremely Useful And Powerful CSS Tools5
- jQuery UI6
The jQuery UI allows you to design custom user interfaces for Web applications using the jQuery7 library. With jQuery UI, you can reduce the amount of code you write for common rich interactive features and website widgets. Be sure to check out the jQuery UI Demo8 page, which showcases some of the things you can accomplish using jQuery UI.
- Google Web Toolkit10
- Freestyle Webtop Toolkit15
Freestyle aims to reduce the complexity and time involved in deploying Web-based user interfaces by eliminating the separation of client-side and server-side development. With Freestyle, you focus on programming logic and UI design, and it handles the rest (i.e. cross-browser compatibility and DHTML and AJAX development).
- Aptana Jaxer19
- JS Regex Generator22
WaveMaker is open-source software for complete Web application development and deployment. You can find a host of demo applications built and deployed using WaveMaker on the Demo Applications26 page.
- JSDoc Toolkit28
jGrouseDoc is an open-source project distributed through Google Code30 under a modified BSD license. It lets developers document and manage their code comments using a format similar to Javadoc31‘s.
Drosera is an excellent debugging tool for Safari and WebKit-based browsers.
- Opera Dragonfly40
Opera Dragonfly is a robust debugging environment for the Opera browser. Dragonfly allows you to view and inspect errors, debug your scripts and inspect and edit the DOM and CSS on the fly.
- Internet Explorer Developer Toolbar45
Similar to Firebug, IE Developer Toolbar is an in-browser tool to help you debug front-end code in Internet Explorer. It’s especially handy as a debugging and inspection alternative to Firefox when you’re developing and testing in IE.
- YUI Test53
YUI Test is a suite of testing utilities that’s part of the YUI library54 developed by Yahoo!. It has numerous features, such as easy creation of test cases through an intuitive syntax, advanced failure detection and the ability to organize test cases by grouping them into test suites.
- Regular Expression Tool60
The Regular Expression Tool is an online utility that allows you to test your RegEx code against a sample test. It’s a handy tool to have around when you want to quickly test the efficacy of your regular expressions in a variety of example texts.
This is another handy tool for testing regular expressions within the Web browser.
- Clean AJAX69
Clean AJAX is an open-source framework for creating AJAX-based applications. Check out the demo page70 to see it in action.
SAJAX is an excellent toolkit for developing AJAX-based applications. It supports PHP, Perl and Python.
qooxdoo is a simple and intuitive AJAX application framework. Be sure to check out the Demo Browser77, a Web-based application that allows you to view demos of qooxdoo at work.
Image Manipulation and Graphing
Reflection.js automatically adds reflections to your images unobtrusively. Also check out instant.js81, a similar script that adds an image border and tilts images on a Web page.
typeface.js allows you to embed custom fonts on Web pages, freeing you from having to create images for HTML text.
- The Dojo Charting Engine90
The Dojo Charting Engine is a robust utility for creating components for data visualization, written on top of the Dojo Toolkit91.
- AJAX Libraries API95
- Lazy loader98
Lazy loader is a jQuery plug-in that delays the loading of images so that text content can load first, thereby making image-heavy pages load faster.
- JS Minifier99
- YUI Compressor102
- SlickSpeed Selectors Test106
SlickSpeed is a Web page for comparing the performance of the DOM object selection of various popular frameworks like MooTools and jQuery.
- 1 http://livedocs.adobe.com/labs/air/1/jslr/
- 4 http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2008/09/16/jquery-examples-and-best-practices/
- 5 http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2008/12/09/50-really-useful-css-tools/
- 6 http://ui.jquery.com/themeroller/
- 7 http://jquery.com/
- 8 http://ui.jquery.com/demos/
- 9 http://ui.jquery.com/themeroller/
- 10 http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/overview.html
- 11 http://jxlib.org/
- 12 http://mootools.net/
- 13 http://www.opensource.org/licenses/mit-license.php
- 14 http://jxlib.org/
- 15 http://www.thefrontside.net/freestyle
- 16 http://www.thefrontside.net/freestyle
- 17 http://projects.nikhilk.net/ScriptSharp
- 18 http://projects.nikhilk.net/ScriptSharp
- 19 http://www.aptana.com/jaxer/
- 20 http://www.dojotoolkit.org/
- 21 http://extjs.com/
- 22 http://www.jslab.dk/tools.regex.php
- 23 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regular_expression
- 24 http://www.jslab.dk/tools.regex.php
- 25 http://www.wavemaker.com/
- 26 http://www.wavemaker.com/product/demos.html
- 27 http://www.wavemaker.com/
- 28 http://code.google.com/p/jsdoc-toolkit/
- 29 http://jgrouse.com/#jgdoc
- 30 http://code.google.com/p/jgrousedoc/
- 31 http://java.sun.com/j2se/javadoc/
- 32 http://jgrouse.com/#jgdoc
- 33 http://getfirebug.com/
- 34 http://getfirebug.com/lite.html
- 35 http://getfirebug.com/
- 36 http://www.mozilla.org/projects/venkman/
- 37 http://www.mozilla.org/projects/venkman/
- 38 http://webkit.org/blog/61/introducing-drosera/
- 39 http://webkit.org/blog/61/introducing-drosera/
- 40 http://www.opera.com/dragonfly/
- 41 http://www.nitobibug.com/
- 42 http://www.debugbar.com/
- 43 http://www.my-debugbar.com/wiki/CompanionJS/HomePage
- 44 http://www.debugbar.com/
- 45 http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=e59c3964-672d-4511-bb3e-2d5e1db91038&displaylang=en
- 48 http://www.jsunit.net/
- 49 http://www.junit.org/
- 50 http://jslint.com/
- 51 http://jslint.com/
- 52 http://www.thefrontside.net/crosscheck
- 53 http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/yuitest/#start
- 54 http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/
- 55 http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/yuitest/#start
- 56 http://j3unit.sourceforge.net/
- 57 http://j3unit.sourceforge.net/#static
- 58 http://j3unit.sourceforge.net/#local
- 59 http://j3unit.sourceforge.net/#remote
- 60 http://erik.eae.net/playground/regexp/regexp.html
- 61 http://erik.eae.net/playground/regexp/regexp.html
- 62 http://www.codeproject.com/KB/scripting/regex2.aspx
- 63 http://www.codeproject.com/KB/scripting/regex2.aspx
- 64 http://broofa.com/Tools/JSLitmus/
- 65 http://broofa.com/Tools/JSLitmus/
- 66 http://www.gnucitizen.org/blog/attackapi/
- 67 http://code.google.com/p/jsfuzzer/
- 68 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuzz_testing
- 69 http://clean-ajax.sourceforge.net/
- 70 http://clean-ajax.sourceforge.net/index.php?tab=demos
- 71 http://clean-ajax.sourceforge.net/
- 72 http://www.modernmethod.com/sajax/index.phtml
- 73 http://www.modernmethod.com/sajax/index.phtml
- 75 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Model-view-controller
- 76 http://qooxdoo.org/
- 77 http://demo.qooxdoo.org/current/demobrowser/
- 78 http://qooxdoo.org/
- 79 http://simplejs.bleebot.com/
- 80 http://cow.neondragon.net/stuff/reflection/
- 81 http://www.netzgesta.de/instant/
- 82 http://cow.neondragon.net/stuff/reflection/
- 83 http://typeface.neocracy.org/
- 84 http://www.liquidx.net/canvasgraphjs/
- 85 http://www.liquidx.net/canvasgraphjs/
- 86 http://code.google.com/p/flot/
- 87 http://code.google.com/p/flot/
- 88 http://www.lutanho.net/diagram/
- 89 http://www.lutanho.net/diagram/
- 90 http://www.dojotoolkit.org/2006/11/08/dojo-charting-engine-courtesy-greenplum-and-sitepen
- 91 http://www.dojotoolkit.org/
- 92 http://ejohn.org/blog/processingjs/
- 93 http://processing.org/
- 94 http://blog.osmeusapontamentos.com/processing/dataVisualizationExamplesUsingProcessingJS.htm
- 95 http://code.google.com/apis/ajaxlibs/
- 96 https://damnit.jupiterit.com/
- 97 http://code.google.com/p/ie7-js/
- 98 http://www.appelsiini.net/projects/lazyload
- 99 http://fmarcia.info/jsmin/test.html
- 100 http://fmarcia.info/jsmin/test.html
- 102 http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/compressor/
- 103 http://www.scriptalizer.com/
- 104 http://www.scriptalizer.com/
- 105 http://dojotoolkit.org/docs/shrinksafe
- 106 http://mootools.net/slickspeed/
- 107 http://mootools.net/slickspeed/