Over the last few months, we have extensively covered the influence of retro and vintage style on modern Web design. We have looked at recent vintage Web designs1, showcased posters2 and typography3 and presented vintage tutorials4. In fact, we are confident that vintage is still in, and that many designers are experimenting with this style to achieve unusual, creative and (hopefully) effective results.
So today, we are pleased to release the Smashing Retro Icon Set, a set of 10 beautiful, high-quality “vintage” icons, created by the talented Russian design agency SoftFacade5 especially for Smashing Magazine and its readers. The set contains 10 original icons: search, sign-up, calendar, news, RSS, comments, email, ads, home and address.
Download the set for free!
You can use the set for free and without any restrictions in both your private and commercial projects, including software, online services, templates and themes. The set may not be resold, sub-licensed, rented, transferred or otherwise made available for use. Please link to this article if you would like to spread the word.
Thank you, guys. We really appreciate your efforts! (al)
- 1 http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2008/10/07/retro-and-vintage-in-modern-web-design/
- 2 http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2008/04/21/celebration-of-vintage-and-retro-design/
- 3 http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2008/10/26/retro-and-vintage-typography-showcase/
- 4 http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2008/10/14/30-beautiful-vintageretro-photoshop-tutorials/
- 5 http://www.softfacade.com
- 6 http://www.smashingmagazine.com/images/january-icon-set/smashing-retro-icon-set.zip