While the Smashing Community icon set1 is being designed and prepared for the release, we would like to ask your opinion about the WordPress theme that you would like us to design. And here’s how it works: you tell us what WordPress-theme you need, and then we design it together with PSD to WordPress42 and release it for free.
And to make it a bit more interesting, we’ll smash three commenters with original nerdy laptop sleeves. To participate, just suggest an idea for a great useful WordPress-theme in the comments to this post. Details are below.
How do I participate? Link
Participating is very easy: just post the WordPress theme you would like us to design in the comments to this post (and, if possible, what specific features it should have) – it can be anything, e.g. portfolio-design, blog-design, lifestream-blog, magazine-style etc. The theme should not be basic, but it also should not be too complex.
On the 25th of April, we’ll select the most popular ideas and requests and publish a poll in our magazine, inviting our readers to vote on their favorite theme. Once it’s done, the creative minds behind PSD to WordPress42 will carefully design the theme. You can keep track of updates on Twitter @smashingmag85 and @LachyG6.
A total of three commenters will be awarded Laptop Sleeves7 (see images below). The winners will be picked randomly and announced on Twitter (@smashingmag85) after the concept of the WordPress theme has been chosen. The winners will decide by themselves, what size and what pattern of the sleeve they prefer most.
Finally, we’ll release the theme as a free download, which you can freely use for personal and commercial use.
Smashing Magazine Is All About Our Readers Link
At Smashing Magazine, our readers have always been our highest priority. We respect our readers; we listen to them; we are always open to their suggestions; and we always appreciate constructive criticism. This is why we created a number of ways to interact with our readers:
- We created a friendly Smashing Forum12 to make it possible for our community to exchange ideas and help each other in problem solving.
- We are using Twitter13 to share useful resources and knowledge with, and get feedback from, our readers (e.g. deciding which article should appear next), and we now have almost 29,000 followers.
- We are preparing the Smashing Book14, in which our readers can decide what topics will be included.
And now we would like you to decide what theme we should design and release next, especially for you. We hope to get great feedback from you, and we would like to thank “PSD to WordPress” for its cooperation in this event. Please spread the word, too; we would like the design community to decide what would be most useful and interesting for designers out there!
So, what WordPress theme is it going to be, folks?
- 1 http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2009/03/20/smashing-community-icon-set-vote-now/
- 2 http://www.psdtowp.com/
- 3 http://www.softfacade.com/
- 4 http://www.psdtowp.com/
- 5 http://twitter.com/smashingmag
- 6 http://www.twitter.com/LachyG
- 7 http://snupped.com/shop/gallery
- 8 http://twitter.com/smashingmag
- 9 http://snupped.com/shop/product/35/picks-or-badges
- 10 http://snupped.com/shop/product/11/tattooed-love
- 11 http://snupped.com/shop/product/20/chicken-folklore-black
- 12 http://forum.smashingmagazine.com/
- 13 http://twitter.com/smashingmag
- 14 http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2009/02/24/the-smashing-book-join-in/