Here are a few other posts that you might find interesting:
JSON Formatter and Validator11
The JSON Formatter was created to help with debugging. As data expressed as JSON is often written without line breaks to save space, it became extremely difficult to actually read it. This tool hopes to solve the problem by formatting the JSON into data that is easily readable by human beings.
Faux Console: Simulating a Firebug, Safari or Opera debugging in IE12
Page Speed, released by Google, is a Firefox/Firebug extension very similar to YSlow18 that evaluates your web pages for performance. Read more about Page Speed19 best practices to see what aspects of a web page are being evaluated. YSlow and Page Speed are based off Steve Souder’s work20 (who worked for Yahoo! and now works for Google).
Highlight.js highlights syntax in code examples on blogs, forums and other web pages. The tool works automatically: it finds blocks of code, detects a language and highlights it accordingly.
Firediff is a Firefox/Firebug extension that allows you to track changes in the DOM and CSS. By logging these changes, you can gain information about how web applications work, and what elements (and what properties) are being altered by way of DOM manipulation.
RockStar Web Profiler37
RockStar Web Profiler (aka Razor) logs and profiles information about client-side performance. It provides developers with a console for analyzing the data gathered by the tool. Check out the RockStar Web Profiler presentation38 to get an overview of its many awesome features.
CodeRun Code Search48
CodeRun’s Code Search tool lets you search and view user-submitted Ajax, PHP, and .NET source code. Once you’ve found a script or project that you’re interested in, you can edit it via their web-based IDE49 without having to download the project locally.
uploadify is a useful jQuery plugin for dealing with file uploads. It’s powered by a simple PHP script for handling the server-side stuff. Be sure to check out the uploadify demos59 to see the plugin in action.
Booklaylet is a JS library for letting you easily deploy your bookmarklet63 applications. The implementation is dead simple: take the Booklaylet source and modify it to point to your app’s URL.
JavaScipTools is a collection of useful JS components, functions, and classes with the aim of addressing some of the more common web developer tasks such as parsing and formatting of data types (i.e. date and time). It also comes with a dynamic table function for creating sortable HTML tables.
HTML 5′s Canvas66 element gives developers a way to draw stuff on web pages programmatically. Doodle.js is a utility library/framework for working with more complex and robust Canvas drawing processes. Check out Spiral Pattern67 demo and the Marbles in Space68 (3D simulation) demo in a browser that already supports Canvas to get a feel for how Doodle.js works.
JSTestDriver is a Java-based framework for creating unit test following Test-Driven Development74 philosophies and best practices. Be sure to check out this video demonstration of JSTestDriver in action75.
GlassBox is a beautiful and refreshing take on modal windows that creates an interesting feeling of transparency as if you were looking through a glass. Check out the example page79 to see different types of GlassBox implementations.
jQuery TOOLS is a toolbox that gives developers some of the most popular UI design patterns at their disposal in an easy-to-use manner. View some of the things you can do with jQuery TOOLS in the project’s demo page82.
Unobtrusive Table Actions Script87
This simple and lightweight library brings together a set of common and useful functions for dealing with HTML tables, such as zebra-striping rows, highlighting rows on mouse over, and column highlighting.
Ajax Frameworks Decision Center96
Ajax Framework Analysis Results99
Create a Slick and Accessible Slideshow Using jQuery105
This is a step-by-step jQuery tutorial that I wrote for creating a simple and slick slideshow that can be adapted to display different content types. Check out the demo page106 to see the slideshow in action.
- 3 http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2008/09/16/jquery-examples-and-best-practices/
- 4 http://ejohn.org/blog/fireunit/
- 5 http://www.softwareishard.com/blog/firebug/fireunit-testing-in-the-firebug-world/
- 6 http://ejohn.org/blog/fireunit/
- 7 http://sugartest.scriptia.net/
- 8 http://sugartest.scriptia.net/
- 9 http://jsclass.jcoglan.com/
- 10 http://jsclass.jcoglan.com/
- 11 http://jsonformatter.curiousconcept.com/
- 12 http://icant.co.uk/sandbox/fauxconsole/
- 13 http://jsbin.com/
- 14 http://jsbin.com/about#video
- 15 http://jsbin.com/
- 16 http://phpjs.org/
- 17 http://code.google.com/speed/page-speed/
- 18 http://developer.yahoo.com/yslow/
- 19 http://code.google.com/speed/page-speed/index.html
- 20 http://stevesouders.com/
- 21 http://code.google.com/speed/page-speed/
- 23 http://www.petefreitag.com/images/blog/jsdump.gif
- 25 http://www.spket.com/
- 27 http://www.spket.com/
- 29 https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/9505
- 31 http://softwaremaniacs.org/soft/highlight/en/
- 32 http://softwaremaniacs.org/soft/highlight/en/
- 35 http://www.incaseofstairs.com/firediff/
- 36 http://www.incaseofstairs.com/firediff/
- 37 http://rockstarapps.com/joomla-1.5.8/products/razor-web-profiler/overview.html
- 38 http://docs.google.com/Present?docid=acmj49ptxpc7_7dx5qzcf4
- 39 http://userjs.up.seesaa.net/js/bookmarklet.html
- 40 http://userjs.up.seesaa.net/js/bookmarklet.html
- 41 http://tinyjs.com/
- 42 http://tinyjs.com/
- 43 http://www.jscharts.com/home
- 44 http://visitmix.com/lab/glimmer
- 45 http://visitmix.com/lab/glimmer
- 46 http://jania.pe.kr/aw/moin.cgi/JSSpec
- 47 http://code.google.com/p/jsspec/downloads/list
- 48 http://www.coderun.com/Search/?q=Ajax
- 49 http://www.coderun.com/ide/
- 51 http://www.coderun.com/Search/?q=Ajax
- 52 http://mochaui.com/
- 53 http://mochaui.com/demo/
- 54 http://mochaui.com/
- 55 http://narwhaljs.org/
- 56 https://wiki.mozilla.org/ServerJS
- 57 http://pear.php.net/
- 58 http://www.uploadify.com/
- 59 http://www.uploadify.com/demo/
- 60 http://www.gscottolson.com/blackbirdjs/
- 61 http://www.gscottolson.com/blackbirdjs/
- 62 http://www.digitalhymn.com/argilla/booklaylet/
- 63 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bookmarklet
- 65 http://www.lamberta.org/blog/doodle/
- 66 http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/#the-canvas-element
- 67 http://www.lamberta.org/demo/js/doodle/examples/01/spiral.html
- 68 http://www.lamberta.org/demo/js/doodle/examples/01/rotate.html
- 69 http://www.lamberta.org/blog/doodle/
- 70 http://digitalhymn.com/argilla/liteajax/
- 71 http://hyper-metrix.com/#Burst
- 72 http://hyper-metrix.com/#Burst
- 73 http://code.google.com/p/js-test-driver/
- 74 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Test-driven_development
- 75 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4wYrR6t5gE&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Egmodules%2Ecom%2Fgadgets%2Fifr%3Furl%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fgoogle%2Dcode%2Dproject%2Dhosting%2Dgadgets%2Egooglecode%2Ecom%252Fsvn%252Fbuild%252Fprod%252Fv&feature=player_embedded
- 76 http://code.google.com/p/jspdf/
- 77 http://jspdf.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/examples/basic.htm
- 78 http://www.glassbox-js.com/
- 79 http://www.glassbox-js.com/#examples
- 80 http://www.glassbox-js.com/
- 81 http://flowplayer.org/tools/index.html
- 82 http://flowplayer.org/tools/demos/index.html
- 83 http://flowplayer.org/tools/index.html
- 84 http://neofreeman.freepgs.com/Moousture/
- 85 http://cssglobe.com/lab/tablecloth/
- 86 http://cssglobe.com/lab/tablecloth/
- 87 http://www.frequency-decoder.com/2007/11/15/unobtrusive-table-actions-script
- 88 http://livepipe.net/
- 89 http://livepipe.net/
- 92 http://digitalhymn.com/argilla/tipmage/
- 93 http://digitalhymn.com/argilla/tipmage/
- 94 http://qgallery.quadrifolia.de/
- 95 http://qgallery.quadrifolia.de/
- 96 http://www.athenz.com/app/decision/center/ajax
- 97 http://www.athenz.com/app/decision/center/ajax
- 98 http://jqueryvsmootools.com/
- 99 http://raibledesigns.com/rd/entry/ajax_framework_analysis_results
- 100 http://raibledesigns.com/rd/entry/ajax_framework_analysis_results
- 101 http://www.noupe.com/tutorial/drop-down-menu-jquery-css.html
- 102 http://www.noupe.com/tutorial/drop-down-menu-jquery-css.html
- 103 http://designm.ag/tutorials/jquery-display-switch/
- 104 http://designm.ag/tutorials/jquery-display-switch/
- 106 http://sixrevisions.com/demo/slideshow/final.html
- 108 http://ejohn.org/apps/learn/
- 109 http://ejohn.org/apps/learn/