Traditional drawing is certainly way harder than digital and it is true that people are able to progress much faster digitally, but one should learn the traditional type of drawing and painting before starting digital drawing, since it often lays out the foundation for screen design.
This article contains a mixture of traditional drawing tutorials, drawing techniques and some methods for transforming and preparing your creations for screen design. Some are intermediate level and some are advanced tutorials that include general theory, useful tips, comic inspired art, sketch a pencil drawing, coloring processing, character sketching, shapes, proportional, perspective and much more. We hope that drawing tutorials and techniques in this post will be a great help to you.
Traditional Drawing Tutorials
Marilyn Portrait Tutorial1
A truly fantastic drawing tutorial to learn how to draw a portrait of Marilyn Monroe with pencil. Each step of the portrait is perfectly well explained and commented. This tutorial is very detailed, and requires a lot of patience.
This is a step by step tutorial on how to draw a realistic portrait. The artist assumes that you have a basic understanding of drawing and shading before attempting to draw a serious portrait. For this lesson he is drawing on 11″x14″ Fabriano Hotpressed Watercolor Paper. He is using Derwent Graphic Pencils ranging from 2H to 7B. For more information on any of the drawing tools that he mention in this tutorial, visit the drawing materials page.
How to Draw a Car7
For this tutorial the artist will show the different steps he takes in drawing a realistic looking car. He chose to draw an american classic, the Corvette. This tutorial will apply to any car though because for the most part, they are all the same. The key to drawing a car that will pop off the page is having a good balance of lights, midtones, and darks along with clean, sharp edges. He is using Derwent Graphic Pencils and Fabriano Artistico Bright White Watercolor Paper, he is also using mechanical pencils for small details.
How to Draw Optimus Prime From Transformers9
In this tutorial you will be learning how to draw one of the most popular of the Autobots, Optimus Prime. This drawing tutorial will show you in detail how to sketch, draw, and shade in this character that is popular around the world
- 1 http://www.stars-portraits.com/en/tutorial/marilyn-tutorial.php
- 2 http://www.stars-portraits.com/en/tutorial/marilyn-tutorial.php
- 3 http://www.dueysdrawings.com/portrait_tutorial.html
- 4 http://www.dueysdrawings.com/portrait_tutorial.html
- 5 http://cataclysm-x.deviantart.com/art/Tutorials-How-to-draw-lips-103303840
- 6 http://cataclysm-x.deviantart.com/art/Tutorials-How-to-draw-lips-103303840
- 7 http://www.dueysdrawings.com/how_to_draw_a_car.html
- 8 http://www.dueysdrawings.com/how_to_draw_a_car.html
- 9 http://www.dragoart.com/tuts/559/1/1/how-to-draw-optimus-prime-from-transformers.htm
- 10 http://www.dragoart.com/tuts/559/1/1/how-to-draw-optimus-prime-from-transformers.htm
- 11 http://fauna-art.net/Gallery/process.htm
- 12 http://fauna-art.net/Gallery/process.htm
- 13 http://www.dragoart.com/tuts/874/1/1/how-to-draw-a-ninja.htm
- 14 http://www.dragoart.com/tuts/874/1/1/how-to-draw-a-ninja.htm