T-shirts, as you’ll surely agree, play a big part in the design world. Sometimes, we designers don’t get the kinds of projects we want, and so we are left to apply our creativity in some other way, many of us opting to submit graphics in t-shirt competitions or printing them ourselves and selling them through shopping cart systems such as BigCartel. In this post, we bring you a showcase of online t-shirt store Web designs, all of which serves as a great source of inspiration for Web designers, graphic designers and even illustrators.
You may be interested in the following related articles:
- The Ultimate Round-Up Of T-Shirt Design Tutorials1
- Showcase of Fresh and Well-Designed Online Shops1662
- The Ultimate Round-Up of Print Design Tutorials1683
- posts tagged with ‘e-commerce1724‘
T-Shirt Store Web Design Link
Dripping in Fat11
Dripping in Fat is a store dedicated to creating t-shirts with a distinct message, all designed by some of the best designers around the globe! The modern, colorful design evokes a clothesline, with some awesome Flash animations.
Glennz Tees began after the owner, Glenn Jones, became successful at Threadless.com, with over 21 shirts in print. He teamed up with some friends to produce a collection of tees for like-minded people. The sensible, clean design draws all of the user’s attention to the t-shirts themselves.
Take a Tee15Take a Tee is a small company dedicated to providing high-quality designs printed on great t-shirts. It is also always on the look-out for new designers to join its expanding team. The horizontal lines and drop-shadows on this simple yet stylish website make for awesome effects.
Itself offers limited-edition clothing. The store allows designers and illustrators to submit their own work and join its creative community. The elegant, stylish website has a great color scheme and makes good use of social networking websites such as Twitter and Facebook.
Supermotif is yet another place to buy great t-shirts and submit your own designs. The website uses the dark photo in the background to its advantage, presenting the professionally photographed products against a white background.
The Affair sells a collection of beautiful designs printed on high-quality shirts. The Flash animation makes this website designs fun: you could spend hours making the models spin around and show off their t-shirts!
Labrador is a small independent label offering t-shirts with great animal-inspired designs. The website is incredibly simple, with loads of white space. It uses awesome Flash effects to produce a scrolling washing line, as well as a Labrador logo with wagging tail!
As the market continues to become saturated with overly complex, cluttered designs, Ugmonk’s mission is to provide high-quality products with simple, fresh graphics. The incredibly stylish dark design, bright color and colorful macro photography make this website a memorable one.
To Write Love on Her Arms35
To Write Love on Her Arms sell some great typography-based t-shirts and a lot of other great apparel. The modern, sleek dark design is up there with the best of them. It also uses social networking websites such as Twitter, Flickr and YouTube to its advantage.
Cloth Moth was founded by Joshua Merritt, his wife and a long-time friend. Together, they produce quality apparel products and sell them to the world. Their simple yet modern Web design uses dashed lines for stitches, a great complement to the other hand-drawn elements.
Shicon is a great place to look when you’re restocking your wardrobe, because it always has a nice selection of tees. It is always on the look-out for new designers, so send in your designs! Its website has attractive typography-based headings, diagonal pinstripes, bold colors and great photography techniques.
Agnés B is a French clothing store that sells t-shirts by artists and by itself. The limited colors, with bursts of red and colorful backgrounds, make the main content on this website stand out.
This store has a classic blog style, with an unusual navigation menu and vintage design elements. The website has all kinds of knobs and buttons and loads of seamless patterns, textures and illustrations.
Another vibrant t-short store that boldly presents selected shirts near the top. The store allows the community to vote and comment on t-shirt designs as well. Every day, one design is promoted to the home page.
Burn Suburbia is a clever store: each t-shirt reflects the designer’s home city. Designers hail from London, Newcastle, Brooklyn, Tokyo, Phoenix, Toronto and other cities, and the product selection is increasing. The city photograph in the background works well with the general concept.
Custom T-Shirts is based in the EU. Its sell a selection of limited-edition t-shirts to suit different moods, and you can customize the products. The design itself is superb and appropriate: it looks like a t-shirt; the logo being the t-shirt label and the navigation menu items being the pins and badges. Great idea!
A Better Tomorrow55
A Better Tomorrow (or ABT) sells t-shirts made with love. It also runs an ongoing design contest. The website design makes use of patterns, which add visual interest to the header and sidebars.
Ampersand is a t-shirt store dedicated to t-shirts that feature, as you might have guessed, the ampersand (&). The one-page store has a very simple design, and the white space makes it incredibly simple to use.
Busted Tees is run by the same guys behind CollegeHumor. They’re always on the lookout for new artists, so drop them a line! They make use of textures and patterns to make the various sections of the website stand out.
Yack Fou focuses on selling t-shirts, although it does sell other products, such as hoodies, buttons, stickers and posters. The awesome design makes great use of the striped, seamless pattern and the illustrated dream cloud at the bottom of the page.
Yellow Bird Project65
The Yellow Bird Project is a non-profit organization that sells fabulous t-shirts to raise money for charities. The design has hand-drawn elements, with plenty of color for a great personal touch.
Zazzle is yet another popular t-shirt website that allows you to purchase t-shirts and sell your own designs. It also deals in other products, such as cards, mugs, skateboards and shoes. The design is slightly cluttered but gets the point across quickly, with links to many products from the home page.
Chop Shop Store69
Chop Shop is a one-stop shop for like-minded individuals. It offers great clothing to satisfy the nerdy cravings in us all, without our having to ask for it. It also sells original artwork. The textured wooden backgrounds (you can choose from four types of wood) designs make this design live up to its name, and they look great.
Cosmic Soda is a great place to buy some pretty cool t-shirts and to submit your own tee graphics for a chance to earn a percentage of sales. The simple abstract design, with a lot of hand-drawn elements and a lined paper background, makes this website a beauty.
Riot Creations is a hub for designers and t-shirt aficionados from all around the world to buy great t-shirts and submit their own designs! The great design, with its graffiti-style typography, makes the website super-easy to use. The colorful photographs and illustrations make this design designs pop.
University of Whatever Clothing77
University of Whatever sell tons of great apparel at great prices. It uses grungy and noisy textures and vintage photo frames to draw attention to certain parts of the website.
The store for deviantART is a great place to find anything labelled “art.” It sells a great collection of t-shirts, hoodies, bags and collectibles. The design of this sleek and easy-to-use store is based on that of the main deviantART website.
Dropdead Clothing is aimed at fans of metal music and sells a range of incredible illustrated t-shirts. After clicking through the Flash-animated splash page, we find a simple yet easy-to-use store. A slideshow on the home page advertises the latest products, with some pretty awesome photography, too!
Emptees is a place where the world’s best designers and tee enthusiasts can come together on common ground to show off, talk about and love tees. Another simplistic theme, with a large area on the front page dedicated to the “tee of the day,” followed by a selection of colorful thumbnails of other products.
Go Ape Shirts85
Go Ape Shirts is a store that has simply a huge collection of awesome t-shirts. The simple design, custom clothesline navigation menu and seamless striped pattern for the background make the content pop!
Happy Webbies is a huge collection of t-shirts for “Web nerds.” All of the designs are available for downloading as desktop wallpaper. With an incredibly simple yet modern design, the whole store is made up of a grid of colorful illustrated thumbnails.
i/denti/tee has a huge collection of music-inspired t-shirts, all produced by Edun Live. The design is a sleek black and white, with bursts of color from various buttons and clothing shots.
La Fraise is a French company that sells a collection of limited edition t-shirts, all of which were submitted by designers. The colorful illustrated header pulls the otherwise simple website together, making it one of the sexiest in this showcase.
Look Zippy is a worldwide store offering organic and environmentally friendly shirts at low prices. You can submit your designs for a chance at a cash prize. The striped patterns make areas like the navigation menu stand out.
Mr Poulet sell some of the nicest t-shirts in the world, all of which are fair trade. It also has an ongoing design contest. This fun and colorful website presents its products in an old golden frame, making them stand out from the less-important content.
NerdyShirts believes that printed tees are one of the best ways to express yourself. It has almost 100 designs to choose from. The website design makes the content stand out with an illustrated cloud background, and it reserves a small area at the top of the page to advertise its latest products.
Oddica’s focal point is its artists and how they interpret ideas and how that looks on t-shirts. It has a huge collection of awesome tees, starting at just $10. The design is minimal, helping the user concentrate on what’s most important: the products!
Rumplo’s mission is to make it easy for anyone to find their new favorite t-shirts and to give designers great tools to promote and share their killer work. The simple HTML-based design gets straight to the point!
Scrap Graphic is a Japanese-based t-shirt store that sells tons of awesome abstract designs and the odd poster print, too. The minimalist website design makes great use of the simple repeated image in the background, giving the website a unique look.
Select is a distinct line of Threadless that sell t-shirts by emerging artists alongside well-known artists. It releases a new t-shirt every Monday. The minimalist design is almost all black and white, except for the t-shirt graphics themselves, making you give all your attention to the great t-shirts.
Shirt Pizza was created by Paul Ocepek after a pepperoni-induced dream. It sells a huge selection of t-shirts with different toppings. Shirt Pizzas header is the hit of this design: a traditional over-head price board, the likes of which we’ve all seen at our local take-out joint.
Skreened use a new CMYK printing process to produce cost-effective t-shirts, even single orders. Browse the gallery to purchase existing designs or upload your own! The patterns and shadows bring this simple website design to life.
Spreadshirt is a platform for personalized apparel. Buy existing designs or create a store to sell your own. Spreadshirts uses a slideshow on the home page to advertise new products and makes great use of dashed rules, which tie in with its logo and different areas of the website.
TeeTonics aim is to offer the best designed and highest-quality tees, all of which have been created by fellow designers and rated by users. TeeTonic uses Flash animation, bright colors and thumbnail arrangements to make its website stand out from the rest.
Threadless is one of the ultimate t-shirt stores. It releases new t-shirts every Monday and has an ongoing competition for us designers, so start submitting! The layout is almost entirely made up of thumbnail images of its latest products, with a small area at the top of the page set aside to advertise its latest offers.
Tokotoukan is an online store based in Greece, with a selection of t-shirts made from 100% original patterns. Its designs have a lot of textures and custom shapes, making for a truly unique and attractive look.
Axid produces unique and cool t-shirts that are available exclusively online, although it is looking for other venues in which to sell its products. The repeated background image makes for a very interesting design and helps the user focus on the center of the page, where the t-shirts are!
Tshirt Store sells designs on 100% certified ecological cotton. It designs for itself and in cooperation with other talented designers and is always looking for new designers to join the team. The website has a simple design that puts the focus on the t-shirts. It also has a very cool feature that allows you to search for t-shirts by clicking on a color.
Turn Nocturnal is a clothing company run by two guys named Matt and Jack, who love to design and sell shirts. Their simple design makes great use of white space and drop-shadows, making the content stand out from the less-important stuff.
6 Dollar Shirts125
6 Dollar Shirts sells great t-shirts for $6 each… and 10 for $50! It has some designs inspired by art, TV, vintage design, military, sports, animals and more. The website makes great use of textures, strokes and dirty Photoshop brushes.
Color Overload is a great little store that sells a small selection of animal-inspired t-shirt designs. The store is powered by BigCartel, and its black-and-grey theme comes to life with the bursts of bright color.
Von Roxy129Von Roxy produces t-shirts aimed squarely at the creative design community: a lot of its designs feature the typefaces we all love. The website is a simple HTML layout, with a textured banner header that immediately focuses your attention on the products.
Beautiful/Decay has a great collection of t-shirts, hoodies, buttons, jewelry, wallets, stickers, prints and magazines: you have to check it out! The simple, easy-to-use website is hosted on indiemerchstore.com.
Graniph Tshirts Store133
A nice little t-shirt store that is always on the look-out for open-minded people with great ideas, whether illustrators, designers, artists or photographers. The website is easy to use, has a Flash slideshow on the home page and lets you search by clicking on color squares.
RIPT Apparel is a new online t-shirt retailer based in Chicago that specializes in one-of-a-kind designs. T-shirts are available for 24 hours, after which the design is not sold again. The website has a lovely modern design that makes great use of jQuery lightbox plug-ins and grungy textures.
Tee Fury has been releasing limited-edition t-shirts since 2008. It releases a new tee everyday, but every tee is available only for 24 hours, so it is indeed limited. The simple black-and-white design has a real hand-drawn feel to it, due in large part to the cool little creatures at the bottom of the page!
Full Bleed is a great little store with plenty of t-shirts to choose from. It restocks most of its tees regularly, so no limited editions here! It also has a simple website: grayscale, other than the t-shirts themselves. A great way to make those shirts pop!
Lowdtown is a store based on a fictional town. It offers limited-edition streetwear tees that anyone with an eye for design would enjoy. Lowdtown’s website is all about the content: the great shirt designs are set off by a black-and-white layout and sandwiched between a simple but stylish header and footer.
Supermaggie is a lovely, personal t-shirt store started by two partners who met in college. It also sells incredible scarves, so check it out! The website is plain HTML but works incredibly well for the business.
Subliminal Clothing is a small company that offers very few t-shirts at any one time. However, the t-shirts it does sell are incredible and very well designed. The website is powered by the popular BigCartel. Simple typography and a great color scheme make this website beautiful.
200 Nipples is a great little shop that sells one design at a time, and 100 in all (just enough to cover 200 nipples). Each t-shirt is individually numbered from 1 to 100, which also determines the price. That’s right, number 100 costs $100! The simple HTML-based website does the job well.
Panic Goods Apparel149
Panic Goods sell some designs awesome screen-printed t-shirts, all of which are printed on the highest-quality fabric around. It has an incredibly stylish website that features a seamless textured pattern and plenty of white space.
Glamour Kills weaves together threads of culture. Its products—including tees, hoodies, bathing suits and denim—combine a rock ‘n’ roll edge with chic modernism. Its website has plenty of awesome typography, textures and patterns.
Bang Bang T-Shirts153
Bang Bang T-Shirts is a UK-based t-shirt company. It sells high-quality products at low prices and is always accepting design submissions. The vertical typography on this otherwise simple website add visual interest.
Linty Fresh has a nice selection of t-shirts, buttons, belts and necklaces, as well as great bundle and mystery packs. The seamless charcoal-gray-and-black background pattern is enlivened by bursts of lime green.
Camiseteria has a huge selection of designs, including clothes and bags for children and infants. You can submit your own designs and vote on others from the community. The minimal but beautiful textured website has bursts of fire-orange to jazz things up.
Red Bubble is a great little shop that sell tons of t-shirts. It also features all kinds of art, photography and writing. The simple, modern, stylish design has bursts of red that designs complement the light grays.
Related Posts Link
- The Ultimate Round-Up of T-Shirt Design Tutorials165
- Showcase of Fresh and Well-Designed Online Shops1662
- Shopping Carts Gallery: Examples and Good Practices167
- The Ultimate Round-Up of Print Design Tutorials1683
- 15 Common Mistakes in E-Commerce Design169
- 25+ Magento Templates For Your E-Commerce Business170
- Design Showcase Of Creative Online-Shops171
- posts tagged with ‘e-commerce1724‘
- 1 http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2009/10/16/the-ultimate-round-up-of-t-shirt-design-tutorials/
- 2 http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2009/09/05/showcase-of-fresh-and-well-designed-online-shops/
- 3 http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2009/10/02/the-ultimate-round-up-of-print-design-tutorials/
- 4 http://www.smashingmagazine.com/tag/e-commerce/
- 5 http://www.shirtfight.com/home/
- 6 http://www.shirtfight.com/home/
- 7 http://hipstery.com/
- 8 http://hipstery.com/
- 9 http://www.designbyhumans.com/
- 10 http://www.designbyhumans.com/
- 11 https://www.drippinginfat.com/
- 12 https://www.drippinginfat.com/
- 13 http://store.glennz.com/
- 14 http://store.glennz.com/
- 15 http://takeatee.com/
- 16 http://takeatee.com/
- 17 http://www.hereitself.com/
- 18 http://www.hereitself.com/
- 19 http://www.supermotif.com/shop.html
- 20 http://www.supermotif.com/shop.html
- 21 http://www.the-affair.com/
- 22 http://www.the-affair.com/
- 23 http://www.storenvy.com/
- 24 http://www.storenvy.com/
- 25 http://www.labradortshirts.be/
- 26 http://www.labradortshirts.be/
- 27 http://www.shirtcity.com/
- 28 http://www.shirtcity.com/
- 29 http://typetees.threadless.com/
- 30 http://typetees.threadless.com/
- 31 http://shop.ugmonk.com/
- 32 http://shop.ugmonk.com/
- 33 http://www.limitees.com/
- 34 http://www.limitees.com/
- 35 http://www.twloha.com/index.php
- 36 http://www.twloha.com/index.php
- 37 http://www.clothmoth.com/
- 38 http://www.clothmoth.com/
- 39 http://www.statattak.com/
- 40 http://www.statattak.com/
- 41 http://www.shicon.com/
- 42 http://www.shicon.com/
- 43 http://europe.agnesb.fr/en/
- 44 http://europe.agnesb.fr/en/
- 45 http://www.johnnycupcakes.com/browse/1050/Guys
- 46 http://www.johnnycupcakes.com/browse/1050/Guys
- 47 http://www.teextile.com/
- 48 http://www.teextile.com/
- 49 http://shop.burnsuburbia.com/
- 50 http://shop.burnsuburbia.com/
- 51 http://www.custom-tshirts.eu/
- 52 http://www.custom-tshirts.eu/
- 53 http://www.streetshirts.co.uk/
- 54 http://www.streetshirts.co.uk/
- 55 http://www.a-better-tomorrow.com/customer/catalogue
- 56 http://www.a-better-tomorrow.com/customer/catalogue
- 57 http://ampertee.com/index.php
- 58 http://ampertee.com/index.php
- 59 http://www.bustedtees.com/
- 60 http://www.bustedtees.com/
- 61 http://www.cafepress.co.uk/
- 62 http://www.cafepress.co.uk/
- 63 http://www.yackfou.com/en/0/t-shirts-41.html
- 64 http://www.yackfou.com/en/0/t-shirts-41.html
- 65 http://www.yellowbirdproject.com/
- 66 http://www.yellowbirdproject.com/
- 67 http://www.zazzle.co.uk/
- 68 http://www.zazzle.co.uk/
- 69 http://www.chopshopstore.com/home.php
- 70 http://www.chopshopstore.com/home.php
- 71 http://www.cosmicsoda.com/
- 72 http://www.cosmicsoda.com/
- 73 http://www.designgive.com/
- 74 http://www.designgive.com/
- 75 http://www.riotcreations.com/en/
- 76 http://www.riotcreations.com/en/
- 77 http://www.universityofwhatever.co.uk/
- 78 http://www.universityofwhatever.co.uk/
- 79 http://shop.deviantart.com/?view=devwear§ion=7195501
- 80 http://shop.deviantart.com/?view=devwear§ion=7195501
- 81 http://iheartdropdead.com/
- 82 http://iheartdropdead.com/
- 83 http://www.emptees.com/
- 84 http://www.emptees.com/
- 85 http://www.goapeshirts.com/index.php
- 86 http://www.goapeshirts.com/index.php
- 87 http://www.happywebbies.com/
- 88 http://www.happywebbies.com/
- 89 http://www.identitee.com/
- 90 http://www.identitee.com/
- 91 http://en.lafraise.com/
- 92 http://en.lafraise.com/
- 93 http://www.look-zippy.com/
- 94 http://www.look-zippy.com/
- 95 http://www.monsieurpoulet.com/home.html?lang=en
- 96 http://www.monsieurpoulet.com/home.html?lang=en
- 97 http://www.nerdyshirts.com/
- 98 http://www.nerdyshirts.com/
- 99 http://www.oddica.com/catalog/
- 100 http://www.oddica.com/catalog/
- 101 http://rumplo.com/
- 102 http://rumplo.com/
- 103 http://scrap-graphic.jp/item.html
- 104 http://scrap-graphic.jp/item.html
- 105 http://select.threadless.com/
- 106 http://select.threadless.com/
- 107 http://www.shirtpizza.com/shops
- 108 http://www.shirtpizza.com/shops
- 109 http://skreened.com/
- 110 http://skreened.com/
- 111 http://www.spreadshirt.com/us/US/T-Shirt/Spreadshirt-1342/
- 112 http://www.spreadshirt.com/us/US/T-Shirt/Spreadshirt-1342/
- 113 http://www.teetonic.com/
- 114 http://www.teetonic.com/
- 115 http://www.threadless.com/
- 116 http://www.threadless.com/
- 117 http://www.tokotoukan.gr/
- 118 http://www.tokotoukan.gr/
- 119 http://www.tshirtaxid.com/
- 120 http://www.tshirtaxid.com/
- 121 http://en.tshirtstore.se/
- 122 http://en.tshirtstore.se/
- 123 http://www.turnnocturnal.com/
- 124 http://www.turnnocturnal.com/
- 125 http://6dollarshirts.com/home.php
- 126 http://6dollarshirts.com/home.php
- 127 http://coloroverload.bigcartel.com/
- 128 http://coloroverload.bigcartel.com/
- 129 http://www.vonroxy.com/
- 130 http://www.vonroxy.com/
- 131 http://www.indiemerchstore.com/beautifuldecay
- 132 http://www.indiemerchstore.com/beautifuldecay
- 133 http://www.graniph.com/en/
- 134 http://www.graniph.com/en/
- 135 http://riptapparel.com/
- 136 http://riptapparel.com/
- 137 http://www.teefury.com/
- 138 http://www.teefury.com/
- 139 http://www.merchline.com/fullbleed/
- 140 http://www.merchline.com/fullbleed/
- 141 http://www.lowdtown.com/
- 142 http://www.lowdtown.com/
- 143 http://www.supermaggie.com/
- 144 http://www.supermaggie.com/
- 145 http://subliminal.bigcartel.com/
- 146 http://subliminal.bigcartel.com/
- 147 http://200nipples.com/
- 148 http://200nipples.com/
- 149 http://www.panic.com/goods/
- 150 http://www.panic.com/goods/
- 151 http://www.glamourkills.com/
- 152 http://www.glamourkills.com/
- 153 http://www.bangbangt-shirts.com/
- 154 http://www.bangbangt-shirts.com/
- 155 http://www.wormsigntshirts.co.uk/
- 156 http://www.wormsigntshirts.co.uk/
- 157 http://www.lintyfresh.com/
- 158 http://www.lintyfresh.com/
- 159 http://www.tshirthell.com/hell.shtml
- 160 http://www.tshirthell.com/hell.shtml
- 161 http://www.camiseteria.com/default.aspx
- 162 http://www.camiseteria.com/default.aspx
- 163 http://www.redbubble.com/t-shirts/popular/everything/all-time
- 164 http://www.redbubble.com/t-shirts/popular/everything/all-time
- 165 http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2009/10/16/the-ultimate-round-up-of-t-shirt-design-tutorials/
- 166 http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2009/09/05/showcase-of-fresh-and-well-designed-online-shops/
- 167 http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2008/02/07/shopping-carts-gallery-examples-and-good-practices/
- 168 http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2009/10/02/the-ultimate-round-up-of-print-design-tutorials/
- 169 http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2009/10/08/15-common-mistakes-in-e-commerce-design-and-how-to-avoid-them/
- 170 http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2009/05/05/25-magento-templates-for-your-e-commerce-business/
- 171 http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2008/08/06/design-showcase-of-creative-online-shops/
- 172 http://www.smashingmagazine.com/tag/e-commerce/