This is the ninth edition of Wallpaper of the Week. I created this wallpaper about 3 months ago and I wanted to feature it here on Design Informer. The wallpaper for this week is entitled Dark Tiger. I was playing around with different effects and after combining multiple lighting effects, filters, brushes and textures, this is what I came up with.
Production & Process
I created this design around October, when I tried to design something everyday for a whole month. I had a stock photo of a tiger and I wanted to do something creative with it. I started off with a radial gradient going from black to brown. I then overlayed a tiger skin and a rough paper texture over the original background. I then extracted the tiger from its background and placed it over the background.
I also added some paint textures and splatter. Next, I wanted to darken up the image a bit and enhance the contrast, so I played around with some blending modes. Lastly, because the tiger’s eyes started to get too dark, I brightened up their eyes and made it stand out more.
- Estimated time: 1.5 hours
- Tools: Photoshop
- Total Layers Used: 31
- 1 http://smashingmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/wallpaper/dark-tiger/1920x1200.jpg
- 2 http://smashingmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/wallpaper/dark-tiger/1680x1050.jpg
- 3 http://smashingmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/wallpaper/dark-tiger/1440x900.jpg
- 4 http://smashingmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/wallpaper/dark-tiger/1280x1024.jpg
- 5 http://smashingmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/wallpaper/dark-tiger/1280x800.jpg
- 6 http://smashingmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/wallpaper/dark-tiger/1024x768.jpg
- 7 http://smashingmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/wallpaper/dark-tiger/iphone.jpg
- 8 http://feeds.feedburner.com/design-informer