- May 29th, 2010
- 19 Comments
It’s 3:49 AM as I am writing this post. I just recently came up with a new format that I would like to start here on Design Informer and it is called "Weekly Wrap." Every weekend, I will be writing a post about the best and most interesting articles/tutorials/reviews/freebies of the week. But the only difference from this and the other similar posts from the other blogs is that mine will not be in list form, but it will follow an article format. Oh, and I forgot, I will also be inserting little tidbits here and there about how my week went and what I got accomplished, etc. So anyway, here it goes.
The Weekly Wrap
This past week, I finally came out from hibernation and published a new post which was about running a design business1. By the way, the post was written by Duane Kinsey2. The reason for the long pause on the blog was because I was busy with work, freelance projects, and I was redesigning my personal portfolio3. It took me about two and a half weeks to finish the redesign. Could it have been because I stink at design4? Oh, and did I mention that I also played around with transparency5 on my new website? You can see an example of it here6. I also used CSS3 to connect the dots7 on my site. I am a little curious if my CSS renders efficiently8 and whether or not I’m using the best-practices9 with my coding?
I’m not the only one who redesigned my site though, Brian Hoff completely revamped his site10 as well. Apparently, Mr. Collis Ta’eed noticed that this was redesign week because he also redesigned Creattica11.
Anyway, enough about redesigns, let’s talk a little bit about the community. If I remember13 correctly, there was a great "how to14" article that I read about moving your WordPress site15. Since we are on the subject of websites, let me as you a question. "Is your website responsive?16" Here’s another question for you to think about. Are All Graphic Designers Logo Designers?17 So which of the two questions do you prefer18 to answer?
Until next week, that’s a wrap!
- 1 http://designinformer.com/insights-design-business/
- 2 http://www.logobird.com.au/
- 3 http://jadgraphics.net/revealing-details-redesign/
- 4 http://www.getfinch.com/finch/entry/you_suck_at_design/
- 5 http://blog.creativityden.com/having-fun-with-transparency/
- 6 http://jadgraphics.net/spectacular-kobe-bryant-wallpapers/
- 7 http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2010/05/27/css-three-connecting-the-dots/
- 8 http://css-tricks.com/efficiently-rendering-css/
- 9 http://www.impressivewebs.com/css3-best-practices/
- 10 http://www.thedesigncubicle.com/
- 11 http://creattica.com/
- 12 http://wordpress.org/development/2010/05/lucky-seven/
- 13 http://media.miekd.com/css3memory/
- 14 http://www.sohtanaka.com/web-design/characteristics-of-a-usable-how-to-article/
- 15 http://www.daveredfern.com/blog/6-steps-to-easily-move-your-wordpress-website/
- 16 http://www.alistapart.com/articles/responsive-web-design/
- 17 http://www.logobird.com.au/blog/are-all-graphic-designers-logo-designers/
- 18 http://gettingreal.37signals.com/ch06_Avoid_Preferences.php
- 19 http://wordpress.org/development/2010/05/lucky-seven/