- October 5th, 2011
- 64 Comments
Update (24.10.2011): The best entries and the PDF poster will be presented on Wednesday, 26th of October. Please stay tuned!
Update (17.10.2011): We don’t accept any submissions any longer. The photos are being processed.
Here’s a task for you! Have a look at your desk, take a shot of your beloved coffee mug, send us the photo, and see if you’re added to the huge poster that we’ll be creating from the best images that we get from all over the world. We’ll prepare an exclusive version in PDF and print a limited-edition poster (20 copies). If your photo is chosen, your name will be printed on the poster, too. In addition, selected photos will be published in an upcoming Smashing Magazine post. Those with the most creative and original submissions will be awarded with one of the exclusive printed wall posters. We won’t be selling it, of course — but you already knew that.
- The photo must be in JPG format, at a maximum size of 4000 × 3000 pixels. The file size should not exceed 8 MB.
- Each participant may send one photo at most.
- Each photo should show only one mug — not two, three or a dozen.
- Name your photo with your full name (john-peterson.jpg).
- Please do not send ZIP, RAR or another archive. Just the plain image.
- You must own the copyright of the photo you are submitting.
- Submit your photo to the email address email@example.com by 15th of October 2011.
Please note that the coffee mugs must be mugs and not cups! This is important for building a coherent, gripping mosaic. The mugs can be empty or filled, even steaming! Feel free to use any camera you prefer: a toy cam, mobile phone, SLR, point-and-shoot — whatever you have on hand. How many mugs can fit on the poster? We don’t know yet, because it will depend on the quality and originality of the photo you submit!
Some Coffee Mug Inspiration
Deadline and Announcement
Please submit your photo by October 15th at the latest. The qualifying submissions and the winners will be announced a week later. We will showcase the most interesting photos here on Smashing Magazine (and on the big poster, of course), including the names of the contributors.
Please note: your photo will be used only for this event, and you will retain the full rights to it.
On your marks. Ready? Set? Go! Send your photo to firstname.lastname@example.org! We look forward to your photos, folks!
— The Smashing Team
- 1 http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2011/10/26/the-smashing-coffee-mug-photo-contest-best-entries/
- 2 http://www.flickr.com/search/?w=all&q=coffee+mugs
- 3 http://www.google.com/search?q=coffee+mug&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=de&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&biw=1920&bih=995
- 4 http://www.flickr.com/photos/61172365@N00/398739957/
- 5 http://www.flickr.com/photos/61172365@N00/398739957/
- 6 http://www.flickr.com/photos/48889110751@N01/6877305/
- 7 http://www.flickr.com/photos/48889110751@N01/6877305/
- 8 http://www.flickr.com/photos/ginnerobot/3289819309/
- 9 http://www.flickr.com/photos/ginnerobot/3289819309/
- 10 http://www.flickr.com/photos/61172365@N00/398739960/
- 11 http://www.flickr.com/photos/61172365@N00/398739960/
- 12 http://www.flickr.com/photos/56145589@N00/5393122707/
- 13 http://www.flickr.com/photos/56145589@N00/5393122707/
- 14 http://www.flickr.com/photos/21560098@N06/4553547085/
- 15 http://www.flickr.com/photos/21560098@N06/4553547085/