Important Note: Please go directly to the Smashing Workshops1 page to get the most recent information and updates regarding our workshop schedule. If you like, you can also subscribe to the Events Mailing List2 to stay informed about the upcoming Smashing events.
In the past few years, we’ve been working hard to publish only the best in quality industry knowledge, and have decided to finally create a series of workshops to immerse participants in full days of learning and networking with leading experts. Drop by our offices to learn, schmooze and gain master skills!
The workshops will all take place at Smashing Media’s Headquarters and soon all around Germany, where tips and industry secrets will be given directly from some of the most well-respected experts in the industry.
Visual Thinking Through Sketchnoting
Join Google’s Interaction Designer, Eva-Lotta Lamm, in this one-day workshop where she will share her insights into sketchnoting. Learn how to visually capture and communicate concepts by combining hand-drawn sketches, words and diagrams. This interactive workshop is the first of many held at Smashing Media Headquarters in Freiburg, Germany. This workshop is limited to only 30 attendees. Learn more…20161275
This second workshop by Eva-Lotta Lamm is the follow-up to her sketchnoting event, and delves deeper into the uses and processes of sketchnoting throughout the design process. Take a closer look at the methodologies behind the practice and learn basic sketching techniques, as well as how to implement them as communication tools in a collaborative design session. This workshop is limited to only 30 attendees. Learn more…20161275
Join Web strategist, speaker and educator Paul Boag for this full-day workshop on guerrilla marketing in today’s online landscape. Whether launching a new app, promoting a business, or entering the workforce, everybody must become a marketer in order to leave an impression. Learn from one of the industry’s foremost specialists as he shares his knowledge and experience. This workshop is limited to only 30 attendees. Learn more…20161275
Everything You Wanted to Know About Responsive Design… And Less!
Brad Frost will be running a full-day workshop that delves into the responsive Web design, covering broad concepts as well as specifics such as strategy design process, emerging design patterns and principles, and best coding practices. Brad Frost has spoken, presented and educated on responsive Web design at sold-out events around the world. Join him and the Smashing Team in Freiburg to dive deeper into the topic with this hands-on event. This workshop is limited to only 30 attendees. Learn more…20161275
CSS3 For Responsive Web Design
Responsive Web design means there’s never been a more interesting time to design for the Web than today. CSS3 for responsive design means that CSS is now more interesting too. In this brand new workshop — hosted by Andy Clarke, designer, author and podcaster — you’ll learn how to make the most of the latest CSS3 modules so your websites and applications will be faster, more fun and ‘fashionably flexible.’ This workshop is limited to only 30 attendees. Learn more…20161275
About The Location
We’ve prepared a list of useful information you’ll most probably needing to help you successfully find the location:
|Traveling By Plane From|
One of the closest airport is the EuroAirport Basel-Mulhouse-Freiburg25. The airport is only 70km away from Freiburg and offers over 450 scheduled flights per week to 50 different destinations in the whole of Europe, e.g. Berlin, Hamburg, London, Paris, Prague, Madrid, Rome, Barcelona, Stockholm, Reykjavik and many more. From the Airport you can easily take a train26, bus27 or even a taxi. The taxi28, of course, is the most expensive solution.
Also close to Freiburg is the Aéroport international Strasbourg29. It is only about 60km from Freiburg. For information which Airline flies to this Airport, check the list of Airlines at their site30.
Another way to get to us by plane is to use the Baden-Airpark31 in Karlsruhe. It is about 100km away from Freiburg and you can use the ICE train to get to Freiburg. The Freiburger Airportservice32 picks you up at multiple airports and takes you to the exact location you need to go. Please note that you need to book this service before the start of your journey.
Last but not least you can get to Freiburg by flying to Frankfurt Airport36. Frankfurt is the biggest airport in Germany and thousands of – also international – direct flights are available to Frankfurt. The only issue with this airport concerning Freiburg is, that you have to take a train from there that needs approximately 2 hours for the 270km to Freiburg central station.
|Traveling By Train Or Car|
The central station in Freiburg is a 10–15 minute walk away from the the workshop venue. Since Freiburg lies within the network of the European railway system and is also an Intercity Express (ICE) station between Frankfurt and Basel, it is well accessible by rail from all directions. For example, 40 minutes from Basel or 2 hours from Frankfurt. See the following sites for detailed info:
Freiburg has a huge amount of parking areas and parking garages. Most of them are in walking distance of the workshop venues. Please check out Google Maps41, where we have marked the parking places for your convenience.
We Look Forward To Seeing You!
The Smashing Team
- 1 http://www.smashingmagazine.com/workshops/
- 2 http://www.smashingmagazine.com/the-smashing-conference-list-join-in/
- 3 http://evalotta.net/
- 4 http://evalotta.net/
- 5 https://shop.smashingmagazine.com/workshops
- 6 https://shop.smashingmagazine.com/workshops
- 7 https://shop.smashingmagazine.com/workshops
- 8 https://shop.smashingmagazine.com/workshops
- 9 https://shop.smashingmagazine.com/workshops
- 10 http://boagworld.com/
- 11 http://boagworld.com/
- 12 https://shop.smashingmagazine.com/workshops
- 13 https://shop.smashingmagazine.com/workshops
- 14 http://bradfrostweb.com/
- 15 http://bradfrostweb.com/
- 16 https://shop.smashingmagazine.com/workshops
- 17 https://shop.smashingmagazine.com/workshops
- 18 http://bradfrostweb.com/
- 19 http://stuffandnonsense.co.uk/
- 20 https://shop.smashingmagazine.com/workshops
- 21 https://shop.smashingmagazine.com/workshops
- 22 https://shop.smashingmagazine.com/workshops/
- 23 https://maps.google.de/maps?q=Werthmannstr.+15,+79098+Freiburg+im+Breisgau&hl=en&ie=UTF8&sll=47.941737,7.868765&sspn=0.211358,0.528374&hnear=Werthmannstra%C3%9Fe+15,+79098+Freiburg+im+Breisgau,+Freiburg,+Baden-W%C3%BCrttemberg&t=m&z=17
- 24 https://maps.google.de/maps?q=Werthmannstr.+15,+79098+Freiburg+im+Breisgau&hl=en&ie=UTF8&sll=47.941737,7.868765&sspn=0.211358,0.528374&hnear=Werthmannstra%C3%9Fe+15,+79098+Freiburg+im+Breisgau,+Freiburg,+Baden-W%C3%BCrttemberg&t=m&z=17
- 25 http://www.euroairport.com/
- 26 http://www.euroairport.com/en/passengers/access/train.html
- 27 http://www.euroairport.com/en/passengers/access/bus.html
- 28 http://www.euroairport.com/en/passengers/access/taxi.html
- 29 http://www.strasbourg.aeroport.fr/index.php/accueil?lang=E#2
- 30 http://www.strasbourg.aeroport.fr/airport-information/contacts/airlines
- 31 http://www.baden-airpark.de/startseite.html?&L=1
- 32 http://www.freiburger-airportservice.de/en/
- 33 http://www.zurich-airport.com/desktopdefault.aspx
- 34 http://www.stuttgart-airport.com/travellers-and-visitors/
- 35 http://www.stuttgart-airport.com/travellers-and-visitors/
- 36 http://www.frankfurt-airport.com
- 37 http://www.bahn.de/i/view/USA/en/index.shtml
- 38 http://www.sncf.com/en/passengers
- 39 http://www.sbb.ch/en/home.html
- 40 http://www.raileurope.com/index.html
- 41 https://maps.google.de/maps?q=parken+loc:+Werthmannstr.+15,+79098+Freiburg+im+Breisgau&hl=en&ie=UTF8&sll=47.941737,7.868765&sspn=0.160761,0.41851&hq=parken&hnear=Werthmannstra%C3%9Fe+15,+79098+Freiburg+im+Breisgau,+Freiburg,+Baden-W%C3%BCrttemberg&t=m&z=12
- 42 https://shop.smashingmagazine.com/workshops/