Desktop Wallpaper Calendars: April 2013 (Easter Edition)

We always try our best to challenge your artistic abilities and produce some interesting, beautiful and creative artwork. And as designers we usually turn to different sources of inspiration. As a matter of fact, we’ve discovered the best one—desktop wallpapers that are a little more distinctive than the usual crowd. This creativity mission has been going on for over five years now, and we are very thankful to all the designers who have contributed and are still diligently contributing each month.

This post features free desktop wallpapers created by artists across the globe for April 2013. Both versions with a calendar and without a calendar can be downloaded for free. It’s time to freshen up your wallpaper!

Please note that:

Sky Lanterns

Designed by Vlad Gerasimov from Russia.

Stupid But Happy

Designed by Elise Vanoorbeek from Belgium.

It’s Not Done Until It Ships

“Steve Jobs pushed the boundaries of creative tension. He demanded the best, but on incredibly tight deadlines. And the process is never over. There’s always room for improvement, by constantly working, up until the very last minute, you push the limits of your product and reach a new level of innovation.” Designed by Gustavs Cirulis from Latvia.

Lady Night

“A good-night wallpaper by Yuzach will bring you warm, magical and colorful dreams every day!” Designed by Yulia Sokolova (yuzach) from Russia.

Trianglify

Designed by Maarten Van Loock from Belgium.

Spring April

Designed by Ricardo Gimenes from Brazil.

Stained Glass

Designed by Rachel L from USA.

April Garden

"It’s April, time to get outside and grow something." Designed by Dangerbrain from USA.

Sunset Lake

“Perhaps one of the most beautiful sunsets I had seen in ages ! I walked away telling myself this – “I’m willing to take that risk” : ).” Designed by Nagmani Kamath from India.

Little April Showers

Designed by Karolien Vanherp from Belgium.

8vo Showers

Designed by Octavo Designs from USA.

Laying In The Sun

"This is me laying in the sun." Designed by Romy Van Kessel from The Netherlands.

Smashing Wallpaper - april 13

Falling Egg

Designed by Ben Wouters from Belgium.

Cherry Blossom Magic

Designed by Sasha Endoh from Canada.

Happy In April

Designed by Bart Goris from Belgium.

April Showers

Designed by Brennan Pringle from Canada.

Paint Your April

"”With the hope of love, joy, cheers and rain, here comes April again..!!”." Designed by Binita Tamang from India.

Adorable Brat

Designed by Dieter Van Den Brande from Belgium.

Loading Sunny Weather

“In April we have final rainy days and sun slowly but surely comes more and more in the forecast, that’s the idea i want to spread around through this wallpaper.” Designed by Igor “commie” Ristovski from Macedonia.

Good Girls

Designed by Pietje Precies from The Netherlands.

Time For Cooking

“A springy and sweet illustration. To all the friends and families who are preparing delicious Easter recipes together.” Designed by Bag Of Secrets from Italy.

April Showers

“Designed by Greentree Graphics designer, Amy Coons, from the USA.” Designed by Amy Coons from USA.

Penguin Beach

“Penguin on the beach, enjoying his longdrink!” Designed by Mike Henderyckx from Belgium.

Umbrella In The Rain

Designed by Jong S. Kim from USA.

Silent Morning

Designed by Tetyana Kovyrina from Canada.

Rock N Roll Day

Designed by Cheloveche.ru from Russia.

Days Passed

“Cross out day after day, waiting for something special…” Designed by Yuliia Bahniuk from Ukraine.

Spring Grass

“Spring grass not only smells nice, it’s gorgeous!” Designed by Janssens Joeri from Belgium.

April Showers

“May Flowers love April Showers.” Designed by Barýþ Mancar from Turkey.

Fools And Bunnies

"Wallpaper of april representing april fools or pranks (Jack in the box) and Easter bunnies and eggs." Designed by Niels Vanhorenbeeck from Belgium.

Abstract Earth

“April 22 is Earth day. It’s important to think about our little planet, we should do it every day of the year but one day is a start. :).” Designed by Rias Van Der Veken from Belgium.

Window On Spring

Designed by Alessio Meola from Italy.

Color Of Spring

“Pink means happiness. Sometime The happiness come from your garden. Wellcome to april with happiness in your heart.” Designed by Anh Nguyet Tran from Viet Nam.

Light Trails

Designed by Laurent Constant from Belgium.

Illustration

"A summer owl." Designed by Pat Buenaobra from Philippines.

I Shine In Tears

“I shine in tears, like the sun in April.” Designed by Zohaib Usman from Pakistan.

Spring Bee

Designed by Tommy Digiovanni from USA.

Abstract Scratch

Designed by Desktop Backgrounds from Estonia.

Sneakers Time

“Spring is coming, time for sneakers.” Designed by Radoslaw Rzepecki from Poland.

Web Design

Designed by Hilda Rytteke from Sweden.

2 Face Clown

"I started from the fact that easter and april fools’ day is on the same day. The second element I added the is the cold side versus the warm side of april. And here is the result!" Designed by Stijn Schets from Belgium.

Spring

Designed by Kelly Krijnen from Netherlands.

When You Play

“Part of the series of wallpapers about the “Joy of Music”.” Designed by Yiannis Kranidiotis from Greece.

Scrabble Day

“April-13-’13: Happy Scrabble day!” Designed by Siemon Donvil from Belgium.

The Pegasus Book

Designed by Księgarnia Katolicka Xlm from Poland.

Easter Landscape

“Landscape with easter eggs.” Designed by Hans Van Nieuwenhuyse from Belgium.

Cute Dog

“Cute cartoon husky dog.” Designed by Brykova Yuliia from Ukraine.

World Health Day

Designed by Tom Dirix from Belgium.

Arena

Designed by Katerina Bobkova from Ukraine.

Mousse And Stache

“I introduce you: Mousse and Stache!” Designed by Cédric Bloem from Belgium.

April Fools

Designed by Janssens Joeri from Belgium.

Don’t Worry Be Happy

Designed by Lex Speijer from The Netherlands.

Join In Next Month!

Please note that we respect and carefully consider the ideas and motivation behind each and every artist’s work. This is why we give all artists the full freedom to explore their creativity and express emotions and experience throughout their works. This is also why the themes of the wallpapers weren’t anyhow influenced by us, but rather designed from scratch by the artists themselves.

A big thank you to all the designers for their participation. Join in next month!

What’s Your Favorite?

What’s your favorite theme or wallpaper for this month? Please let us know in the comment section below.

The Smashing Team loves high-quality content and cares about little details. Through our online articles, books and eBooks and Smashing Conferences, we are committed to stimulating creativity and strengthening the Web design community’s creative forces.

Hello ! is it april fool’s gift? i love Romy Van Kessel’s wallpaper so much ,but we start April on Monday

is it possible editors or original author correct it before april? ^_^

Brennan Pringle

April 4, 2013 12:10 am

I sent an e-mail regarding corrections to my submission; however, I haven’t heard anything back.

I like “me lying in ths sunshine” wallpaper, but dear i think we count April the 1st from Monday don’t we? is it possible the calender part be changed before April really hits us?

so many fine designs again, hard to chose, I like very much window_on_spring, Umbrella In The Rain, and april_garden, but many others too

Thanks SM team for adding my design: http://files.smashingmagazine.com/wallpapers/april-13/images/full/april_showers__97.jpg and thanks all the artists for their efforts.

Very, very, very good collection this month. Keep up with the good work :)
    Greetings from medical students from Nis, Serbia. We are not using computers very much, but when we do, we enjoy the wallpapers. Thank you :).

Lots of good ones!

Zorica Stankovic

March 31, 2013 6:17 pm

What a beautiful collection!

Great work!. Is there a way I can download them all at once? I like them all!

There’s some bug with the “Spring Bee”.Can’t find any links to download

Vitaly Friedman (editor-in-chief of Smashing Magazine)

March 31, 2013 7:36 pm

Thanks for reporting the issue! Fixed!

its not the only wallpaper wrong. I really like “stupid but happy” but it has 31 DAY! Come on guys! Its a second month in a row my favourite wallpaper has a mistake – in March it was “Old Desktop” with Thu and Tue wrong way around!

Do Editors even check them before posting here??!!..

It’s not DONE until it SHIPS – soooo true :)

I took the “Spring April” Designed by Ricardo Gimenes from Brazil. put had a the worse time ever chosing.. thanks to the artists that make the available for us..

Sunset Lake!
    (although the amount of really good ones increases and increases…)

“Oooo Pretty Light!” is nice!
    But I just found is a wallpaper of March :)

Thanks. But yes, I have informed them and requested to remove it from the list. It was my second submission for March. :)

Laying In The Sun has the entire month wrong – it has April 1 as Sunday instead of Monday.

I Love “Laying In The Sun”!!!!and”color of spring”"adorable_brat”is also coool~Thanks for sharing!!!!

maichan (≧ω≦)

April 1, 2013 4:11 am

“Days Passed!” – very cute! I use it for my desktop.

i love Illustration! SUMMER OWL haha

You guys shown us an ultimate collection this month. Really loved it…… Thanks so much

Execellent collection especially laying in the sun..

Love the Sunset Lake… More power to Nagmani!!

I went with Stained Glass. Trianglify was my other choice. :)

Thanks for adding my wallpaper “I Shine In Tears”
    Great collection of wallpapers..

I have seen and appreciated very beautiful jobs!
    They were months that I didn’t see so much creative art.
    You compliment to the authors and S.M.
    Difficulty to reveal a name, but I would say Abstract Scratch.
    Hi.

awsome

Maria Chepikova

April 1, 2013 2:19 pm

Wow, this collection is really great! So many interesting, bright and creative wallpapers) I like “Sky Lanterns” and “Loading Sunny Weather” most of all. The last is cute, unusual and summer is so wanted that I decided to put it on my desktop)) Thanks!

I liked Spring Bee, Spring Grass or Color of Spring. I picked Color of Spring for my wallpaper but I like to switch it up , so the other two may end up as my wallpaper in April as well. So many talented people , it makes it hard to choose just one!

Ha ha I same you. Sometime I like a lot of wallpaper in a month. So I have to keep a rotation on hand for the month.

José-Michel Neiva

April 1, 2013 2:42 pm

Thanks S.M.
    Beautiful collection !
    My favorite is Good Girls.

It’s the strongest selection of wallpapers I’ve ever seen on the site. Good job!

Please make more wallpapers in 1280X1024 screen resolution, thank you so much! Beautiful selection this month

Not to criticize free wallpapers, but the past number of months I’ve not been able to pick out more than one or two that suited my tastes (perhaps my own problem). But this month there are 10 that I had to click through to save and cycle through! I may have to keep a rotation on hand for the month.

1°) Scrabble Day

2°) Good Girls

3°) Sunset Lake – Cherry Blossom Magic – The Pegasus Book

Abe Nicholas Onymous

April 1, 2013 9:54 pm

Crappy wallpapers, Crappy site. Nuff said.

Cherry Blossom Magic is the one for me. Simple yet elegant.

Shouldn’t the quote be “When you play, never minds who listens to you” in When you Play by Yiannis Kranidiotis?

Stupid it is! :]

April Showers designed by Brennan Pringle from Canada – by far!

Jonathan Búcaro

April 2, 2013 6:15 am

Thanks again for sharing! These are my personal favorites: The Pegasus Book, Stupid But Happy and Sky Lanterns.

Thanks A Lot For Sharing This….

One of the Best Collection :) <3

Arena is nice

Perfect All

Thank you for featuring my work Sunset Lake, made my day : ) !

Only one request – Can you please correct the write up accompanying my work:

It should be “I walked away” instead of “I walked awayS”

Congrats to all the designers and I much appreciate your help !

It’s so cool having this treat to look forward to at the beginning of every month! Thanx SM & all you fabulous creatives xx

So many beautiful choices!!
    Love the sweet peas Dangerbrain , my grandfather use to grow them in all colors!
    Your beautiful coastal picture makes me want to visit Italy, Alessio! Thanks to all!

Trianglify! Love the color combination, this really makes my day!

Mousse and Stache by Cédric Bloem has me cracking up! I want to see a cartoon with these two in it :)

The Pegasus Book is incredible!!

Excellent as always..

Thanks for sharing…

I love Sping Apirl!!!! sooooooooooooooo funny…haha…. make me laugh.. Thanks all the artists!

Cool stuff, like every month! I’m a bit perplexed how this is your ‘Easter Edition’ and yet there is not a single representation of/with Christ. Kinda bummed about that. Either you reject all the religious themed submissions (not sure why you’d do that if you call it the Easter Edition) or all those submissions suck or what. I’d be really sad if there simply were no submission in that category. I don’t recall seeing any Christ themed wallpapers in December, but I could be wrong about that one.

Great collection, thanks a lot… My favorites this month are Pegasus Book and April Showers

A large collection! I like Don’t Worry Be Happy so much!

I love the wallpapers. Beautiful designs. I chose The Crows last month, and Silent Morning this month. Thank you for sharing them.
    But some of the designers seem to forget that the desktop icons typically line up on the left. Several designs have a lot going on on the left, and not so much on the right. In my opinion, a really good design will accommodate a few icons (Silent Morning does it nicely).

Wow! Beautiful work! I think I need to use a new one every day, starting with Nagmani’s Sunset Lake.

Excellent work everyone! Thank you a bunch and keep up the great work.

Cheers, :o)

Beautiful collection! Check out mine as well at szaboka.hu/calendars/wallpaper-calendars-april-2013/

Umair Hafeez Mughal

April 5, 2013 10:04 am

Brilliant … Silent Morning and Window to Spring are awesome :-)

Is there a RSS feed of the images? How about for all previous months?

All of these are really great. Very creative and I love the calendar feature. This month I chose The Pegasus Book for my wallpaper because I love all the shadowy blue. It’s very striking.

Thanks!

I don’t know what planet Happy Clown is on, but in the U.S., Easter was 03/31, while April 1st was, well, 04/01. May explain its weirdness.

It’s so beautiful!!
    I like almost all of them so it’s really difficult to choose…
    Sky lanterns, Stupid but happy, Spring April, April Garden, Loading Sunny Weather, Time For Cooking (so funny), Penguin Beach, April Showers, When You Play, Sneakers Time, Cute Dog…and World Health Day for tomorrow!
    Thank you very much! You give me smile)

One of the best selections in a while! Had so much trouble deciding!

can I ask some help? :( regarding joining this contest?

for example: what type of resolution like 1280×960 do usually used when it comes to photoshop? is it Pixels or Inches? so the image wouldn’t able to shrink nor pixilated.

thanks!

Tyson Chamberlin

April 12, 2013 6:28 pm

Awesome collection for this month,, very creative. Having trouble deciding which is the best one.

Stupid but happy, love it! The fork ^_^

Hi

I am a graphic designer and a illustrator. Can one present you drawings for your wallpapers?
    Bye