Update (Nov. 26 2013): The Smashing Book #4 is now available in the Smashing Shop1. It contains 13 chapters that focus on new perspectives on coding and Web design and is filled with lots of hands-on tips on common design problems and current practices. The book is as ambitious as it is beautiful — an unique, extraordinary artefact, filled with valuable insight for Web designers and developers.
New Perspectives On Web Design
The book features valuable insights into large-scale projects, adaptive interfaces, customer support, user psychology and typography. We will also uncover smart front-end strategies, obscure back-end techniques and find out what it takes to improve performance for faster and more robust websites and apps.
Table Of Contents
We’ve assembled a remarkable line-up of authors for the book. All of them are well-respected designers and developers who will share their practical insights, design strategies and hands-on tools as they explore new perspectives in Web design today.
|Addy Osmani||Finding and Fixing Mobile Web Rendering Issues|
|Harry Roberts||CSS Architecture and Front-end Development for Today’s Web|
|Nicholas C. Zakas||The Roadmap To Maintainable, Clean And Effective Code|
|Tim Kadlec||Performance Optimization|
|Christian Heilmann||The Vanilla Web Diet|
|Paul Tero||How To Break The Web And Fix It (Back-end Techniques)|
|Mat Marquis||The Struggles and Solutions In Responsive Web Design|
|Aaron Gustafson||Creating Adaptive Interfaces|
|Rachel Andrew||Providing Good Technical And Customer Support|
|Nishant Kothary||How We Think, Design And Code|
|Marko Dugonjić||The Next Step For Web Typography|
|Bedrich Rios||UX Through The Lens Of Video Games|
|Corey Vilhauer||The Two Faces of Content Strategy|
– One book, appr. 480 pages, 16.5 × 24.0 cm (6.5 × 9.5 inches).
– Quality hardcover with stitched binding and a ribbon page marker.
– For both newcomers and experienced Web designers and developers.
– To be delivered both from US and Germany.
– The eBook version is included in all buying options (PDF, EPUB, Kindle).
- 1 http://www.smashingmagazine.com/books/#the-smashing-book-4
- 2 https://shop.smashingmagazine.com?pk_campaign=front-page-shop&pk_kwd=sb4-virtual-product
- 3 https://shop.smashingmagazine.com/?pk_campaign=from-discount-week-posting&pk_kwd=front-page