Update (13.06.2013): The SmashingConf 2013 is sold out just 48h after the ticket sales launch.
However, some workshop tickets are still available. We can’t wait to welcome you, dear attendees, in September in Freiburg! In fact, we’ve got quite a few surprises waiting for you; please stay tuned1. You won’t be disappointed.
Guess what? The Smashing Conference is coming! 2 single-track conference days, 3 full-day workshops, 16 excellent speakers, and only 300 available seats. We’d be honoured to welcome you in our home town Freiburg, on September 9–11th 2013, at the foot of the legendary, beautiful Black Forest in Southern Germany.
SmashingConf 2013: We Are Building The Web
We want the Smashing Conference to be a unique, valuable and friendly event for everybody involved. Not only do we want to provide new perspectives into Web design in general; more importantly, we want the event to focus on how exactly we, designers and developers, work, design and code to solve real-life problems.
We’ll explore in detail what techniques, strategies and tools we use, but also what lessons we can learn from our personal experiences, successes and failures. Smashing Conference is a conference about how we work and play — and how we build the Web today.
Speakers and Workshops
We’ve invited excellent speakers who all have something to share, be it personal experiences or case-studies on large projects. We’re very happy to welcome Jason Santa Maria, Dan Mall, Luke Wroblewski, Dan Rubin, Inayaili de Leon, David Březina, Andy Hume, Tim Kadlec and — of course — the Mystery Speaker among the first confirmed speakers. You can find more information about the talks on the SmashingConf 2013 Speakers page6.
We are also happy to announce 3 full-day and 1 half-day practical, hands-on workshops that will take place after the two main conference days: Dan Mall will be teaching how to be the typographer you were born to be, Dan Rubin will be exploring how to design for User Experience, Luke Wroblewski will be exploring how we can improve Web forms for mobile, and Addy Osmani will be teaching how to become the real front-end warrior.
Date, Location, Prices
The conference will take place on 9–11th of September in 2013 in the Historic Merchant Hall in our lovely home town Freiburg, Germany. We have only 300 seats, so the number of tickets is very limited. Also, we’ve blocked every single hotel in town for you — you can select your hotel at the SmashingConf 2013 Location page10 (“Smashing Conference” is the magic word for hotel booking!).
AirBnB could be a good option as well, but be fast — there aren’t many rooms available. Freiburg13 is known for being a vacation place, so perhaps you’d like to combine the conference with a relaxing family vacation in the skirts of the Black Forest? We’ve prepared some information about the location of Freiburg, so you don’t get lost in the suburbs of the Southern Germany while travelling here. Now if that isn’t an experience of a life-time, what is? (No, seriously, you will enjoy it!).
The price per ticket is €369 (incl. VAT). We’re organzing 3 full-day (€349) and 1 half-day (€229) workshops. Make sure to actually consider booking a workshop as well — if you buy both a conf ticket and a workshop, you save 15% off the price14 right away. Three days of learning, sharing, networking — it’s getting better and better! No lunch will be provided, but drinks and snacks will be provided, of course.
Sponsors, Dear Sponsors
We keep the ticket prices affordable for everyone, and we’re happy to welcome sponsors to help us make the conference smashing in every possible way. If you’re interested in sponsoring the event, please contact Vitaly at hello [@] smashingconf [dot] com15. We love our sponsors, and you make the event possible, and we’d be honoured to have you involved!
- “This conference was well worth the money and I hope we will make it next year. Well done Smashing Magazine!” (Source18)
- “The two days of talks offered a very good balance of design-, philosophy-, typography-, and development-based topics. [...] Thanks to all who attended, organized, cared, spoke and made this an overall very great event!” (Source19)
- “It was an immensely successful conference [...] The talks, the beer and the interesting people definitely made me want to go visit Freiburg again next year!” (Source20)
Follow us at @smashingconf21 and get more details on the SmashingConf 2013 website22. Also, more speakers will be announced soon, so get ready to be smashed with a few exciting surprises and announcements!
Questions? Shoot us an email anytime at email@example.com — we’d love to assist you in every possible way and would be humbled and happy to welcome you in our lovely home town Freiburg this September!
- 1 http://www.twitter.com/smashingconf
- 2 http://smashingconf.com/2013/
- 3 http://www.flickr.com/photos/kontour/7995753331/
- 4 http://smashingconf.com/2013/
- 5 http://smashingconf.com/2013/
- 6 http://smashingconf.com/2013/speakers
- 7 http://smashingconf.com/2013/speakers
- 8 http://www.flickr.com/photos/littlemad/8002274002/in/pool-smashingconf
- 9 https://shop.smashingmagazine.com/smashing-conference-ticket-2013.html
- 10 http://smashingconf.com/2013/locations
- 11 http://smashingconf.com/2013/
- 12 http://www.flickr.com/photos/chelium/8002432439/in/pool-smashingconf
- 13 https://maps.google.de/maps?q=parken&ie=UTF8&ll=47.994316,7.845268&spn=0.0195,0.045233&sll=47.995018,7.852753&sspn=0.014934,0.032015&near=M%C3%BCnsterplatz+24,+79098+Freiburg+im+Breisgau+(Historisches+Kaufhaus)&geocode=CdwLoi9LK2aiFYtY3AId0dJ3ACGeDPWTdIlZKg&dq=Historisches+Kaufhaus,+Freiburg+im+Breisgau&hq=parken&t=m&fll=47.994316,7.845268&fspn=0.0195,0.045233&z=15
- 14 https://shop.smashingmagazine.com/smashing-conference-ticket-2013.html
- 15 mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
- 16 http://www.smashingconf.com
- 17 http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2012/09/18/smashing-conference-liveblog-day-2/
- 18 http://blog.14islands.com/post/31976848761/smashing-conference-take-aways
- 19 http://welearned.net/2012/09/smashing-conference-freiburg-germany-september-2012/
- 20 http://thenextweb.com/dd/2012/09/24/tnw-smashing-conference-2012/
- 21 http://www.twitter.com/smashingconf
- 22 http://smashingconf.com/2013/