Desktop Wallpaper Calendars: July 2013

We always try our best to challenge your artistic abilities and produce some interesting, beautiful and creative artwork. And as designers we usually turn to different sources of inspiration. As a matter of fact, we’ve discovered the best one—desktop wallpapers that are a little more distinctive than the usual crowd.

This creativity mission has been going on for over five years now1, and we are very thankful to all the designers who have contributed and are still diligently contributing each month. This post features free desktop wallpapers created by artists across the globe for July 2013. Both versions with a calendar and without a calendar can be downloaded for free. It’s time to freshen up your wallpaper!

Please note that:

• All images can be clicked on and lead to the preview of the wallpaper,
  • You can feature your work in our magazine2 by taking part in our Desktop Wallpaper Calendar series. We are regularly looking for creative designers and artists to be featured on Smashing Magazine. Are you one of them?

Only one

“Make the days count this summer!” — Designed by Meghan Pascarella75 from USA

Mason Jar76

Love is caring

“Love is caring.” — Designed by Zanetine Web Design94 from India

Love is caring95

Celebrate Freedom

This wallpaper encourages you to appreciate and celebrate the country’s freedom as well as your own! Designed by Marina Zhukov117 from USA

Desktop Wallpaper118

Tanabata Festival

Designed by Evacomics130 from Japan

Desktop Wallpaper131

The Highest

Designed by Bogdan Zinchenko140 from Ukraine

The Highest141

World Ufo Day

“The holiday dedicated to those who study the phenomena that have no logical explanation, and the objects, which is attributed to an extraterrestrial origin.” — Designed by cheloveche.ru159 from Russia

World Ufo Day160

Cute Birds

“Vector illustration of cute birds” — Designed by Brykova Yuliia174 from Ukraine

Cute Birds175

Hola Quintilis

Designed by Logan Holy189 from Indonesia

Hola Quintilis190

Hot Air Balloon

Designed by Studcréa204 from France

Hot Air Balloon205

Wimbledon 2013 RF

“Inspired by Roger Federer and the most famous tennis grand slam. I created this wallpaper to pay homage to one of the greatest tennis players and what he may achieve this year.” — Designed by Jeremiah Selengia233 from U.S.A

Wimbledon 2013 RF234

Canada Day

“July 1st is Canada Day!” — Designed by Jen Riehle244 from USA/Canada

Canada Day245

Aurora diamond globe

“Left overs from some ideas that did not made it into projects. My debut here in monthly wallpapers.” — Designed by Henning Stein257 from Germany

Aurora diamond globe258

Kite

Designed by Katerina Bobkova274 from Ukraine

Kite275

Walk in the sun

Designed by Justyna Dominika291 from Poland

Walk in the sun292

Join In Next Month!

Please note that we respect and carefully consider the ideas and motivation behind each and every artist’s work. This is why we give all artists the full freedom to explore their creativity and express emotions and experience throughout their works. This is also why the themes of the wallpapers weren’t anyhow influenced by us, but rather designed from scratch by the artists themselves.

A big thank you to all the designers for their participation. Join in next month299!

What’s Your Favorite?

What’s your favorite theme or wallpaper for this month? Please let us know in the comment section below.

↑ Back to topShare on Twitter

The Smashing team loves high-quality content and cares about the little details. Through our online articles, books and eBooks and Smashing Conferences, we are committed to stimulating creativity and strengthening the web design community’s creative forces.

Nice set, liking the Mason Jar.

To answer the question on the Wimbledon 2013 RF design — that would be a resounding no!

I was totally hoping for a Tour de France wallpaper! Alas.

Thank you Smashing Magazine for selecting my calendar (Tanabata Festival) again! :D

Thank you Smashing Magazine for to put our wallpaper on your list again.

Team Zanetine

thank you Smashmag!

Spectate, Mason Jar and Diamond globe for me. =)

Good collection but only one of them supports 2880×1800. That’s sad(

Kelvin Castelino

July 1, 2013 7:17 am

Nice creations! But a few this time! What happened?

Nice Wallpaper :)

The answer to the Federer wallpaper is “no, no he cannot.”

Sarfaraz Ansari

July 1, 2013 8:49 am

All are good designed awesome!

Whoa, so many great wallpapers for this month.. But my favorites are Mason Jar, Hot Air Balloon, and Sweet Summer <3
    Thank you for creating these wonderful wallpapers! Waiting for next month! :)

My Favorite Wallpaper is: Love is caring

fav = Mason Jar
    great wallpaper!
    simple clean summer-atmosphere
    the paper structure is perfect to set my desktop icons free from the background

thanks

Jumped the gun a wee bit on the R-Fed one!

Spectate and Diamond Globe for me. Subtle, clean and summery; good job!

Nice wallpapers.. but previous year’s wallpapers were better :(

thanks..

I admire the work of art every calendar has its own artistic touch. I like nearly all of the above but categorizing according to my personal taste is “Love is caring” & “Cute Birds”. And you are good at providing creative resource specially from my field design & printing.

My favorites are Sweet Summer & Mason Jar…wish there were more summery/4th of July ones to choose from, though…

From a USA bias, I really liked Pat Buenaobra’s “4th of July.” Beautiful colors and design.

THANKS for all of the wallpapers!

Thanks for getting featured in this great collection. I think next time, I’ll leave my sporting hopes to myself.

Cheers,

The watermelon image made me smile, but I like the mason jar the best!

andrea whiting

July 1, 2013 5:32 pm

Soooooo many to choose from.
    I selected “Sweet Summer”

Manish Salunke

July 1, 2013 5:35 pm

Thanks you! :)

I saved “Vector illustration of cute birds” — Designed by Brykova Yuliia from Ukraine this time… really loved the ufo one too but really like the none line calendar type better so.. birdies it is for a whole month.. no switching..

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer, but I am not at all excited about this month’s collection. I usually look forward to passing these around the office every month and I feel like lately it’s all the same people with the same recycled color palates and themes. A couple that stood out for me, but mostly I’m looking forward to August now.

Yuliia – I am in love with Sweet Summer! You’ll have many of us smiling all month. Thanks!

I like cute birds, sweet summer and only one. Thanks!

Love that there were 4, count ‘em 4, from my home country, Ukraine. Love ‘em all!

Yuliia Bahniuk

July 2, 2013 8:44 am

Thank you to everyone who liked my work(Sweet Summer)! You can not imagine how I am pleased to hear your nice words! I am very happy that my work makes you pleasant emotions, because the aim of my works is to make people smile:)

Thank you Smashing Magazine for selecting my calendar!

I wish you all an amazing and unforgettable summer! :)

My favorites this month are:

Mason Jar

Spectate

Aurora Diamond Globe

Hot Air Balloon

plus a special mention of World Ufo Day (by the ever-excellent cheloveche.ru) which made me LOL. очень смешно! :)

Thanks! Nice work everybody!

Love the ” Mason Jar”

Mason Jar, Celebrate Freedom and Canada day were my favourites out of this batch. My only complaint is that I wish there were more that fit a 1366×768 resolution.

My fav:
    Mason jar
    Love is caring
    Hot air baloon

I like the 4th of July, cute birds and hot air balloon :)

Why no retina resolutions (2880×1800) ? :(

“Sweet Summer” is my favorite….luv it :)

Please make more 1280 x 800 options for future calendars. Thanks!

mason jar makes me feel better in such a hot summer,thanks~

“Aurora diamond globe” is my favorite this month, without hesitation. It even looks 3D on my desktop!

Elise Vanoorbeek

July 4, 2013 3:28 pm

I realy like “Hola Quintilis”. The font of “hola” and of the numbers is wonderfull. What is it ? Can I help me ?

My favorites: “celebrate freedom” and “aurora diamond globe”. Great work!!

Wonderful wallpapers this month. Keep up the great work.

I love the calendars! I selected cute birds this month. I like the artwork of many of the line calendars, but I like seeing the day and date in a regular format. Thanks!

This month, I choose Tanabata Festival. I love the color and the summer spirit of this design!
    But, even I’m not a fan of the themes of these wallpapers, I admired the great design of The 4th of July and Walk in the sun!

Unfortunately it’s the first time that I see nothing really interesting and attractive :( It’s as if this month’s selection is the equivalent of Etsy’s front page as wallpapers go: too hipstery and muted in colour to be personable. Well, now I have to find my wallpaper elsewhere, it’s a pity…

Aurora Diamond Globe was the winner!
    And Zanetine Web Designs, I must admit- your wallpaper has kind of made me feel more attached to my boyfriend (who is cold and angry with me presently), so… THANKS A TON! :)

I adore the wallpapers of Yuliia Bahniuk from Ukraine!!!

I like the Spectate wallpaper most of all. To me, it sparks an emotional response. It is historical, fantastical, modern. Lovely work.

Need more 2880×1800 wallpapers for retina Mac Book Pro’s. :)

José-Michel Neiva

July 15, 2013 10:24 pm

Hello,

My favorite is Mason Jar.

Nice Work !! just awesome as always :) <3

Hope everyone made their days count this July! Thanks again for including mine, Smashing Magazine!