Quality matters. With our conferences and full-day workshops, we aim to bring the best web design experts close to you. Well, if these workshops don’t help you get better and smarter, what will? Seriously.
Smart eCommerce Design Patterns by Vitaly Friedman2 Sept. 10th • In this 3h workshop, we’ll look closely into practical techniques and strategies on improving conversion with better form design — using modern technologies and innovative examples. The workshop will be based on case studies and real data derived from studies and actual projects: no fluff, no theory, just what worked (or failed, and why) in real-life projects. Read more…3
Full-Day Workshops at SmashingConf Freiburg
On Wednesday, September 16th, we’ll be hosting full-day workshops in our beautiful Kaufhaus venue. These masterclasses will be packed with in-depth, practical tips’n’tricks to help you improve your skills right on spot. The workshops will be running from 9:00AM to approx. 5:00PM. Save $1494 by signing up for all three days (including the conference!).
Responsive User Experience by Marko Dugonjić9 Sept. 16th • Responsive web design has become much more than just about media queries, flexible layouts and flexible images. Information architecture, interaction design, legibility and readability as well as critical tasks are other factors that must be taken into account especially as users interact with websites in many different ways and contexts. Read more…10
RWD Tips And Techniques by Vitaly Friedman12Sold out Sept. 16th • In this updated full-day workshop, Vitaly Friedman, editor-in-chief of Smashing Magazine, will present practical techniques, clever tricks and useful strategies you need to be aware of when working on any responsive design project. Read more…13
Tickets for SmashingConf Barcelona 2015
We strongly believe that trends don’t matter, but techniques do. With SmashingConf Barcelona, we keep exploring interesting problems, smart solutions and lessons learned from actual projects. We highlight what has worked and what has failed — and why — so you know what to do next time you encounter similar problems. That’s what makes up the spirit of our conferences, and we take pride in it.
It’s not just about techniques, though. We will also explore how designers and developers work, design and build, how they approach problems strategically and what workflows they use to find solutions. You’ll learn what warning signs and common stumbling blocks to watch out for, how to deal with them, and how to prevent them from happening. Think of it as a little playbook with handy rules of thumb: it doesn’t get more practical than this.
We also want to hear your stories and your experiences. That’s why we also invite you to speak at the meet-up before the event. Taking place on October 20–21, it’s an event that might keep you on your toes for quite some time. Seriously.
Full-Day In-House Workshop? Sure!
We love fixing existing problems. Is your company struggling with legacy systems or a suboptimal workflow, front-end issues or responsive design? Well, perhaps we can help. We’d be more than happy to run in-house workshops in your company, tailored specifically to your needs. Get in touch.19
We are flexible about the topics and the format of the workshops, but what we really want is to actually help you solve your problems. Here are just some workshops ideas that we could run:
- Responsive Web Design
(e.g. clever tips, techniques, workflow, strategy)
- Advanced Front-End Techniques
(e.g. CSS/JS architecture, Sass, LESS, maintanence)
- Performance Optimization
(e.g. refactoring, optimization for mobile)
- User Experience
(e.g. mobile UX, design patterns, usability testing)
- Conversion Rate Optimization
(e.g. checkout process, Web forms)
- Building and Debugging Web Apps
(e.g. tools, strategy, maintenance issues)
- Sketching and Wireframing
(e.g. sketching interfaces)
- …and more topics.
Interested? Brilliant! Let’s see what we can do! Just send a short email at firstname.lastname@example.org and shortly describe what problems you’d like to solve. We’ll do our best to deliver the most value and effectively address your issues. Ah, and don’t worry about the pricing, we’ll find a fair pricing for sure. Yes, it’s that easy!
- 1 https://shop.smashingmagazine.com/products/vitaly-friedman-smart-ecommerce-sept-10th
- 2 https://shop.smashingmagazine.com/products/vitaly-friedman-smart-ecommerce-sept-10th
- 3 https://shop.smashingmagazine.com/products/vitaly-friedman-smart-ecommerce-sept-10th
- 4 https://shop.smashingmagazine.com/products/smashingconf-freiburg-2015
- 5 https://shop.smashingmagazine.com/products/workshop-andy-budd-workshop-facilitation-freiburg-2015
- 6 https://shop.smashingmagazine.com/products/workshop-andy-budd-workshop-facilitation-freiburg-2015
- 7 https://shop.smashingmagazine.com/products/workshop-andy-budd-workshop-facilitation-freiburg-2015
- 8 https://shop.smashingmagazine.com/products/workshop-marko-dugonjic-responsive-ux-2015-freiburg
- 9 https://shop.smashingmagazine.com/products/workshop-marko-dugonjic-responsive-ux-2015-freiburg
- 10 https://shop.smashingmagazine.com/products/workshop-marko-dugonjic-responsive-ux-2015-freiburg
- 11 https://shop.smashingmagazine.com/products/workshop-vitaly-friedman-front-end-freiburg-2015
- 12 https://shop.smashingmagazine.com/products/workshop-vitaly-friedman-front-end-freiburg-2015
- 13 https://shop.smashingmagazine.com/products/workshop-vitaly-friedman-front-end-freiburg-2015
- 14 http://smashingconf.com/barcelona-2015/
- 15 http://smashingconf.com/barcelona-2015/registration
- 16 http://smashingconf.com/barcelona-2015/locations
- 17 http://www.smashingmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Palau-de-la-Musica-Catalana-1500px-v3.jpg
- 18 https://www.flickr.com/photos/pug_girl/13994908202/in/photolist-njFyCJ-bq36iq-4WHBtw-dtxLEh-4wmW2V-4pnX6M-hKVc5D-Bb28r-ejJ4RL-4LsYKZ-cf1QDu-4gCDKA-nrunMx-8G53MV-5YNe48-iLX1mz-4zqoqf-4a9NNa-4xjVTb-a2TYd8-4wjdFY-5Dav9v-4yWU4t-iUAUYc-4HzZ9z-5Ce8YM-5CBdq4-diNSS9-9iRopP-Eqi4S-cVopvd-dhXbP2-sfMKL-5tJSAJ-BC732-u9h7F-BJoza-5qRYRf-4vydzf-e1mxNZ-3f6uDL-GxA2h-5p3ck8-5brvhC-drVLnU-9f4wVb-gCPgU-GM12c-GjVxY-hyDPkm
- 19 mailto:email@example.com