SmashingConf 2013 Is Just One Month Away!
Servus, Smashing Conf attendees! With just a little over a month to go until we throw open the doors and welcome you, it’s action stations at Smashing HQ! We’re really looking forward to September — not just because we get to welcome some of the most well-respected designers and developers1, but also because we finally get to meet a whole host of fantastic new Web folk — you!
Most attendees come to a conference with two main goals: To learn something new, and to meet some great people. Well, we want to make meeting and connecting with new friends as easy and fun as possible at Smashing Conf, so here’s a few things we’re doing to make that happen!
Free Business Cards For All Smashing Conf Attendees
Totally free, beautiful cards ready for collection at our registration desk — so you don’t even have to remember to pack them! We’ve teamed up with Moo.com2 to offer you this great bonus; to make your cards ahead of the conference, just follow this link (English)3 or this one (German)4 and get creative! You can also get 20% off other Moo products by simply entering the code
Better Breaks At Smashing Conf
This year, we’ve tweaked our schedule6, putting two great speakers back to back, then giving attendees a longer break before the next sessions start. This means just as much great content, but paves the way for even more conversations, connections and collaborations. Just don’t give out all of your shiny new business cards at once, okay? ;)
Just Say “No” To Boring Networking!
No one likes “forced” networking sessions; at best they’re unproductive and at worst, just downright awkward. We’re fans of people acting, well, like “people”, making new friends from natural conversations and shared interests, and so at Smashing Conf7, you can expect plenty of ways to mix and connect without the constraints of robotic, allocated “networking time”.
From our Attendee Party on Monday evening (table football anyone?) to our Instameet photo walk with Dan Rubin9 on Tuesday, we have loads of great activities planned. Arriving early on Sunday? We’re coordinating an attendee trip to the local cable car ride10 — make new friends as you float high above the Black Forest!
The Power Of The Hashtag
Remember to use the #smashingconf11 tag to connect with folks before the conference. You might find out that you happen to be arriving on the same flight and can share a ride to Freiburg, or perhaps you’re staying at the same hotel and want to organize dinner on Sunday?
That’s it for now, and more updates are coming up very soon — stay tuned! ;)
With greetings from (warm) Germany,
Cat, Vitaly and the Smashing Team
- 1 http://smashingconf.com/speakers
- 2 http://moo.com
- 3 http://uk.moo.com/partner/smashing-conference-freiburg/?utm_source=smashing-conference&utm_medium=partner&utm_campaign=smashing-conference-50freebc
- 4 http://uk.moo.com/de/partner/smashing-conference-freiburg/?utm_source=smashing-conference&utm_medium=partner&utm_campaign=smashing-conference-50freebc
- 5 http://uk.moo.com/products/business-cards.html
- 6 http://smashingconf.com/schedule
- 7 http://smashingconf.com/
- 8 http://www.schauinslandbahn.de/ueber-uns/virtuelle-tour
- 9 http://smashingconf.com/speakers/dan-rubin
- 10 http://www.schauinslandbahn.de/ueber-uns/virtuelle-tour
- 11 https://twitter.com/search?q=smashingconf&src=typd
- 12 https://twitter.com/smashingconfd