All of the cartoons are dedicated to design and Web development, but also have a comic twist about everything happening around the Web as well as give you some insights behind the curtains of Smashing Magazine.
We hope you enjoy them as much as we did, and still do!
Cartoon #61: Sluggish Computers
Cartoon #60: Back To Home
Cartoon #59: Last Minute Ticket
Cartoon #58: Access Restricted? VPN Is Your Friend
Unfortunately, today the Web is not as open as it used to be. Access to some websites (especially website offering video and audio content) is restricted due to licensing constraints. This is especially annoying when you are on vacation and would love to use the services that you have paid for in your country. There are workarounds to make all services work from anywhere. The solution is VPN, Virtual Private Networks.
Cartoon #57: Tyranny Of The “Like” Button
This cartoon is referring to the article The Insidious Evils of ‘Like’ Culture2 in which the “Like” culture in our society is criticized. The article discusses how in our age of online view counts and retweets, conformity is unfortunately becoming the rule.
Cartoon #56: “Exclusive” Social Network
Cartoon #55: Responsive Design By Default?
Cartoon #54: UX Design
This cartoon is referring to the discussion in the community about the meaning of terms ‘UX’ and ‘UX Design’. Andy Budd presents an interesting perspective on this issue in his article “What’s in a name: The duality of user experience”6.
Cartoon #53: The Interface
This cartoon is based upon Oliver Reichenstein’s article “*Why and how Google+’s interface is kicking ass7” in which he discusses the qualities of a good user interface and how they are applied in the Google+ design.
Cartoon #52: Back Button
Cartoon #51: Mobile First
Cartoon #50: Making The Web A Better Place
Cartoon #49: Users Don’t Read, They Scan
Cartoon #48: They Just Don’t Care
Cartoon #47: Online Reading Experience
Cartoon #46: Mobile Design Strategy
Cartoon #44: Responsive Web Design
Cartoon #43: Web Design Trends
Cartoon #42: How To Start a Blog and Make Money
Cartoon #41: The Fleaty: Relations With Clients
Cartoon #40: The Fleaty: The Geek Bug
- 1 http://ricardogimenes.com/
- 2 http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304584004576415940086842866.html?mod=e2fb
- 3 http://twitter.com/#!/smashingmag/status/93261160421404673
- 4 http://twitter.com/#!/smashingmag/status/93261172446474240
- 5 http://twitter.com/#!/smashingmag/status/93263598851338240
- 6 http://www.andybudd.com/archives/2011/07/whats_in_a_name_the_duality_of_user_expe/
- 7 https://plus.google.com/115711522874757126523/posts/6EbG2uwnE3c
- 8 http://www.lukew.com/ff/entry.asp?1315
- 9 http://www.smashingmagazine.com/the-smashing-cartoons-archive/