Online converters always come in handy. Once you need to perform some operation with your files, they can save your time achieving the same results online, without installing some specific software. In fact, there are many online tools, which convert formats, files and code snippets for free. Some of them are quite specific tools aimed for developers, but some are common “all-rounders”, which manage to convert almost every format to a more popular one. Using them, you can generate .pdf-documents out of images, images out of texts or RSS-feeds out of web-sites. You can also convert any audio- and video-files immediately - the results can be received via e-mail.
You might be interested in the following related posts:
So what can you use? What should you use?
This overview of online-converters for users and developers might give you some useful starting points and improve your productivity.
- txt2tags This tool generates HTML, XHTML, SGML, LaTeX, Lout, Man Page, MoinMoin, MagicPoint and PageMaker-documents out of a single plain text-file with minimal markup.
- Zamzar Zamzar supports conversion between a wide variety of different file formats. Many conversion options, among them 11 document formats, 8 image formats, 9 audio formats and 12 video formats.
- Binary to Hexstring Encoding Generates SQL quieries.
- ASP Translator Converts ASP to PHP. Registration is required.
HTML & CSS
- HTML2TXT Converts HTML in plain text.
- FavIcon from Pics Creates Favicons out of images - automatically.
- TEXT-IMAGE Converts images to HTML, ASCII or Matrix Green Text
- Color converter Converts HEX-colors to RGB und RGB to HEX.
- HTML 2 PDF Converts HTML and whole sites to PDF
- Online PDF Converter You can generate plain text, .jpg-, .png-, .gif- or .tiff-images out of .pdf-files.
- Feed43 Generates RSS-feeds out of web-sites
- X2V Converts hCard to vCard
- CSV Converter Converts tables: from CSV to HTML or WikiMedia-format.