Flash is powerful. Using it properly, you can create stunning visual experience and offer your visitors incredible user interaction. Although Flash is definitely not the favourite medium for usability and accessibility advocates, it has its advantages. With Flash designers can achieve results which simply aren’t possible with (X)HTML and CSS. Whether you like Flash or not, it empowers the Web with functionalities which make it an incredibly interactive medium.
Flash-based web-sites can look not like web-sites at all; Flash-designers tend to use colorful, dynamic, loud and extremely vibrant approaches, with effects and animation, music and videos, stunning visual elements and interactive navigation menus. Below you’ll find some examples of creative, beautiful, shocking, unusual, but always outstanding Flash-based designs.
You might also want to take a look at the articles
- 65 Excellent Flash Designs1 which features 65 examples of outstanding Flash-based web-sites.
- Showcase Of Creative Flash Preloaders2 which may serve as an inspiration for your Flash-projects.
- Adobe Flash Tutorials: Best Of3 with hand-picked professional Flash tutorials which can enrich your design skills and improve the quality of your works.
Advertising and Games Link
To attract consumers site owners often tend to use some visually appealing Flash-solutions, 3D-experience with sounds and graphics motion is usual. Games are another option worth considering.
Intel’s Robo Brawl game. Very beautiful and interactive design.
Art & Experiments Link
Eye-Project is an impressive animated collaborative mosaic. Including a variety of preloading time required to see the site.
(Web)-Designers & Design Agencies Link
Opulentes by Nitrogenix. We bet you’ve never seen something like this before.
Mohammad Rahimi doesn’t use a lot of space. The site is still extremely dynamic and interactive.
The Science — finally some vivid colors!
No-Idea has some pretty nice ideas. A design from Thailand.
Saizen Media Studios presents some splendid animated scenes.
Something Completely Different Link
- 1 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2007/10/30/65-excellent-flash-designs/
- 2 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2008/03/13/showcase-of-creative-flash-preloaders/
- 3 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2008/01/17/adobe-flash-tutorials-best-of/
- 4 http://www.pinkfloyd.co.uk/obtw/
- 5 http://www.pinkfloyd.co.uk/obtw/
- 6 http://unlimited.orange.co.uk/
- 7 http://unlimited.orange.co.uk/
- 8 http://www.beonlineb.com/
- 9 http://www.beonlineb.com/
- 10 http://www.buildyourwildself.com/
- 11 http://www.buildyourwildself.com/
- 12 http://www.farmrio.com.br/
- 13 http://www.farmrio.com.br/
- 14 http://www.zunejourney.net/
- 15 http://www.zunejourney.net/
- 16 http://www.idecorabili.com/
- 17 http://www.idecorabili.com/
- 18 http://www.agatha.com.br
- 19 http://www.agatha.com.br
- 20 http://www.sir-patroclo.com/
- 21 http://www.sir-patroclo.com/
- 22 http://halo3.com/believe/
- 23 http://halo3.com/believe/
- 24 http://cdx-thegame.com
- 25 http://cdx-thegame.com/
- 26 http://www.typographykicksass.com/
- 27 http://www.typographykicksass.com/
- 28 http://roxik.com/
- 29 http://roxik.com/
- 30 http://www.elphenden.com/new/
- 31 http://www.elphenden.com/new/
- 32 http://www.bernhardwolff.com/
- 33 http://www.bernhardwolff.com/
- 34 http://www.tyukanov.com/
- 35 http://www.tyukanov.com/
- 36 http://zoomquilt2.madmindworx.com/zoomquilt2.swf
- 37 http://zoomquilt2.madmindworx.com/zoomquilt2.swf
- 38 http://www.bigoandtwigetti.co.uk/
- 39 http://www.bigoandtwigetti.co.uk/
- 40 http://www.progettystudio.com
- 41 http://www.progettystudio.com
- 42 http://www.atsushiwatanabe.com/
- 43 http://www.atsushiwatanabe.com/
- 44 http://www.maxshaman.com/
- 45 http://www.maxshaman.com/
- 46 http://www.clusta.com
- 47 http://www.clusta.com
- 48 http://www.xcelmedia.com/
- 49 http://www.xcelmedia.com/
- 50 http://www.fu-design.com/
- 51 http://www.fu-design.com/
- 52 http://martinhaake.de/
- 53 http://martinhaake.de/
- 54 http://www.communicatorworld.com
- 55 http://www.communicatorworld.com
- 56 http://www.minigorille.com/
- 57 http://www.minigorille.com/
- 58 http://www.esj.com.au/
- 59 http://www.esj.com.au/
- 60 http://www.creaktif.com/
- 61 http://www.creaktif.com/
- 62 http://www.amautalab.com/
- 63 http://www.amautalab.com/
- 64 http://www.aardman.com
- 65 http://www.aardman.com
- 66 http://www.manueldallolio.it/
- 67 http://www.manueldallolio.it/
Hold on, Tiger! Thank you for reading the article. Did you know that we also publish printed books and run friendly conferences – crafted for pros like you? Like SmashingConf New York, on June 14–15, with smart design patterns and front-end techniques.