Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and so is the quality of femininity. Exploring this for many artists takes on a diversity of themes. From exploring the pleasures of being a girl to a simple childhood memory, each artist embodies this message in its unique way and choice of medium.
The collection of renderings selected 50 beautiful and creative feminine illustrations1 is sure to please your feminine side. And if your feminine side is non-existent — beautiful women have always been and remain an excellent inspiration2.
Please notice: this showcase was supposed to present unusual styles, ideas and approaches to the illustration of a woman — not just some beautiful pictures. Some examples are hilarious; the other ones are somber. Hopefully, everybody will find something new and interesting for himself / herself. At the bottom of the article, you’ll find further sources to explore feminine illustrations on the Web and find artists that exude girly. [Content Care Oct/19/2016]
Beautiful Feminine Illustrations and Artworks Link
La Esencia de Klimt
These very sensual renderings have sweetness and moxie all over it.
Artists run the gamut in terms of style, approach, and output. There are those who suffer to produce work while others create with relative ease. And then there are those who gush with creativity, ideas spilling from their minds like blood rushes to the heart. James Jean is this type of artist.
Inside jokes that everyone gets.
Very Distinctive Pieces – Experimental View on Women Link
Cute Illustrated Girl Characters Link
The Princess and the Pea.
Girl from another planet.
Never Lose Sight of Your Dreams
- Deviant Art Feminine Illustration43
Deviant Art search for watercolor illustrations.
- Fashion Illustration Gallery44
Great source for inspiration.
Another great site for inspiration.
An artist representation site, but nonetheless, an inspiration sparker.
- Fashion Plates47
A collection of tutorials and resources on how to draw.
- Girl’s Art Flickr Pool48
- 1 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2010/06/the-process-behind-good-illustration-part-1/
- 2 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2010/02/finding-inspiration-in-uncommon-sources-12-places-to-look/
- 3 http://in-spite-of-all.livejournal.com/69430.html
- 4 http://in-spite-of-all.livejournal.com/69430.html
- 5 http://in-spite-of-all.livejournal.com/69430.html
- 6 http://wyanne.com
- 7 http://wyanne.com
- 8 http://www.behance.net/Gallery/lovely-ladies/95988
- 9 http://www.behance.net/Gallery/lovely-ladies/95988
- 10 http://www.behance.net/Gallery/lovely-ladies/95988
- 11 http://www.audrey-kawasaki.com/galleries.php?g=1&p_id=335&page=1
- 12 http://www.audrey-kawasaki.com/galleries.php?g=1&p_id=335&page=1
- 13 http://www.behance.net/Gallery/Lolipop/64032
- 14 http://www.behance.net/Gallery/Lolipop/64032
- 15 http://flickr.com/photos/esther_kirby/2391973105/
- 16 http://flickr.com/photos/esther_kirby/2391973105/
- 17 http://www.behance.net/Gallery/G_Hearts/49613
- 18 http://www.behance.net/Gallery/G_Hearts/49613
- 19 http://www.behance.net/corcoise
- 20 http://www.behance.net/corcoise
- 21 http://www.composinglaura.blogspot.com
- 22 http://www.composinglaura.blogspot.com
- 23 http://www.thedreamygiraffe.com
- 24 http://www2.uiah.fi/~epitkane/stuff/test/anomalies.jpg
- 25 http://noinkling.deviantart.com/art/elephant-rains-on-girl-74927351
- 26 http://noinkling.deviantart.com/art/elephant-rains-on-girl-74927351
- 27 http://flickr.com/photos/madamebogg/599772012/
- 28 http://flickr.com/photos/madamebogg/599772012/
- 29 http://www.behance.net/Gallery/illustrations-for-Prevention-magazine/87820
- 30 http://www.behance.net/Gallery/illustrations-for-Prevention-magazine/87820
- 31 http://www.behance.net/Gallery/illustrations-for-Prevention-magazine/87820
- 32 http://flickr.com/photos/multiplepersonality/1307494565/
- 33 http://flickr.com/photos/multiplepersonality/1307494565/
- 34 http://www.skaffs.com
- 35 http://flickr.com/photos/26red/1616468038/
- 36 http://flickr.com/photos/26red/1616468038/
- 37 http://flickr.com/photos/boboniaa/467159254/
- 38 http://flickr.com/photos/boboniaa/467159254/
- 39 http://flickr.com/photos/voila/2009385151/
- 40 http://flickr.com/photos/voila/2009385151/
- 41 http://flickr.com/photos/malota/390205964/
- 42 http://flickr.com/photos/malota/390205964/
- 43 http://www.deviantart.com/#order=24&q=feminine+illustration
- 44 http://www.fashionillustrationgallery.com/
- 45 http://www.folioplanet.com/Illustration/Fashion/
- 46 http://www.illustrationweb.com/
- 47 http://www.fashion-era.com/1940s/1946_tailleur_fashion_plates_1.htm
- 48 http://flickr.com/groups/girls_art/
Hold on, Tiger! Thank you for reading the article. Did you know that we also publish printed books and run friendly conferences – crafted for pros like you? Like SmashingConf Barcelona, on October 25–26, with smart design patterns and front-end techniques.