Today we are happy to release Health and Beauty Photoshop Brushes: a free set of 67 Photoshop brushes ranging in resolution from 69 to 2463 pixels. The set is compatible with Adobe Photoshop 7.0, CS, CS2 and CS3 (you can use it in Photoshop Elements, Paint Shop Pro, GIMP and Paint.NET, too). [Content Care Nov/27/2016]
Download the Set for Free! Link
You can use the set for all of your projects for free and without any restrictions. However, it’s forbidden to sell them. Please link to this article if you would like to spread the word.
Motivation Behind the Design Link
As usual, here are some insights from the designer herself:
“It’s just another Photoshop brushes set, believe it or not. Some might say just that, and truly so. This may be just another Photoshop brushes set, but like anything else in our lives, it all depends on how you approach it and how you use it.
“As you will see, there are different shapes, subjects and topics covered in this set of 67 Photoshop brushes. The theme of this set is health and beauty. All of the brushes were created from scratch, and all of you, I hope, who do vector graphics from scratch will know and appreciate the work behind them. But what can we do? We all know what Smashing Magazine’s standards are and I wouldn’t dare to send Vitaly anything less than this.
My goal was not only to create a brush set that would help designers decorate or “fill in” their health and beauty-related artwork, but to create a collection of inspirational artwork; brushes that might be used as a starting point for times when the muse is not around and one just needs a bit of inspiration. What they are supposed to be is a little push, a starting point for those moments when there’s just a blank screen in front of you and a total lack of ideas. The idea was to enable designers to open the set in Photoshop, pick one of the brushes and start from there.
So, here it is. If you ever find yourself in a situation where you have to do some health and beauty-related design project (but not only that, of course), these will be really helpful. I hope I have achieved at least a little of what I aimed for with this set. It’s here for you to use, as always, with no restrictions at all. You can look for more on my site and I would be more than happy to hear from you. All of the sets are compatible with Photoshop 7.0 up to CS3, Mac and PC alike.”
Last But Not Least Link
We are constantly looking for creative designers and artists. You may not know it yet, but we may feature you in one of our upcoming posts.
If you would like to release a free high-quality font, a WordPress theme, Photoshop brushes, a Drupal theme, some wallpapers or an icon set, please contact us6. We would like to support you (both financially and with the broad readership of Smashing Magazine).
- Free Photoshop Tools For Web Designers8
- Creating Advanced Animations In Photoshop9
- The Retina Asset Workflow You’ve Always Wanted For Photoshop10
- Techniques For Creating Custom Textures In Photoshop11
- Repurposing Photoshop For The Web12
- 1 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2008/11/50-must-have-photoshop-brushes/
- 2 http://graphics-illustrations.com
- 3 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/images/health-beauty-photoshop-brushes/health_beauty_woman_psbrushes.zip
- 4 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/images/health-beauty-photoshop-brushes/health_beauty_woman_PSbrushes.jpg
- 5 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/images/health-beauty-photoshop-brushes/health_beauty_woman_psbrushes.zip
- 6 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/contact/index.php/form
- 7 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2008/08/top-10-killer-photoshop-combo-moves/#further-reading-on-smashingmag
- 8 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2016/02/free-photoshop-tools-for-web-designers/
- 9 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2015/06/creating-advanced-animations-in-photoshop/
- 10 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2016/03/the-retina-asset-workflow-youve-always-wanted-for-photoshop/
- 11 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2014/07/creating-custom-textures-photoshop-techniques/
- 12 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2013/04/repurposing-photoshop/