We are offering you the opportunity to showcase your work in our magazine by releasing a high-quality freebie. We try to keep high standards and we have high expectations because we want our readers to really see what you, as a designer, are capable of, what one can learn from you and why you should be hired. Average freebies usually get average publicity: we want you to get the best publicity and the biggest exposure from our magazine. Therefore, we want your work to stand out. Please contact us111 if you want to feature your work in our magazine.
Many designers take advantage of this opportunity; in fact, we are receiving more and more emails regarding freebie releases. Please note that we can’t answer all emails, but we read each of them. However, to get featured on Smashing Magazine, you really need to show us something that makes you different than the “usual” crowd.
Today, we are glad to release Color Paper: a free professional WordPress theme, created by the DreamTemplate3 team. This theme aims to combine visual appeal with clean typography and vivid design elements. It was created especially for Smashing Magazine and its readers.
Download the theme for free! Link
The theme is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License (details of the license4). You can use the theme freely for all of your projects, without any restrictions. However, it’s forbidden to sell or redistribute the theme without both the designer’s and Smashing Magazine’s permission. Please link to this article if you would like to spread the word. You may modify the theme as you wish, but if you are planning to release your modification, please ask our permission first.
Showcase of the theme Link
Here are some detailed screenshots of the theme:
Feature block at the top of the layout, with a style switcher on the left-hand side
List of articles on the front page
Sidebar styling (upper part)
Sidebar styling (bottom part)
Thank you, guys. We appreciate your work and your good intentions.
Last but not least… Link
We are regularly looking for creative designers and artists. You might not know it yet, but we may feature you in one of our upcoming posts.
If you would like to release a free high-quality font, a WordPress theme, some wallpapers or an icon set, please contact us111. We would like to support you (both financially and with the broad coverage of Smashing Magazine).
You may be interested in the following free WordPress themes as well:
- Agregado: A Free WordPress Theme12
- Infinity: A Free WordPress Theme13
- WordPress.Fun: A Free WordPress Theme14
- Fervens: A Free WordPress Theme15
- Dilectio: A Free WordPress Theme16
- Simply Ornate: A Free WordPress Theme17
- Smashing: A Free WordPress Theme18
- 1 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/contact/index.php/form
- 2 http://freethemelayouts.com/blog/index.php?wptheme=Color%20Paper
- 3 http://www.dreamtemplate.com
- 4 http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/
- 5 http://freethemelayouts.com/blog/index.php?wptheme=Color%20Paper
- 6 http://freethemelayouts.com/blog/index.php?wptheme=Color%20Paper
- 7 http://freethemelayouts.com/blog/index.php?wptheme=Color%20Paper
- 8 http://freethemelayouts.com/blog/index.php?wptheme=Color%20Paper
- 9 http://freethemelayouts.com/blog/index.php?wptheme=Color%20Paper
- 10 http://freethemelayouts.com/blog/index.php?wptheme=Color%20Paper
- 11 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/contact/index.php/form
- 12 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2008/09/08/agregado-a-free-wordpress-theme/
- 13 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2008/08/08/infinity-a-free-wordpress-theme/
- 14 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2008/07/16/wordpress-fun-a-free-wordpress-theme/
- 15 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2008/08/05/fervens-a-free-wordpress-theme/
- 16 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2007/12/21/dilectio-a-smashing-wordpress-theme/
- 17 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2008/10/01/simply-ornate-a-free-wordpress-theme/
- 18 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2007/09/07/smashing-freefont-and-wordpress-theme/
Hold on, Tiger! Thank you for reading the article. Did you know that we also publish printed books and run friendly conferences – crafted for pros like you? Like SmashingConf New York, on June 14–15, with smart design patterns and front-end techniques.