e released a couple of WordPress themes over the last months. Some of them were praised, the others were torn apart, but we always tried to always offer a variety of different styles. And today is no exception.
Today we are glad to release ASCII One — a free professional WordPress-theme created by Piotr Godek. This theme was designed with the main focus being on typography — all graphical elements are made only of characters, and it holds for visuals, too. The theme is released with and via Smashing Magazine and is released as a gift to its readers.
Download the theme for free! Link
This theme is released under GPL. You can use the theme for all your projects for free and without any restrictions. Please link to this article if you would like to spread the word. You may modify the theme as you wish
, but if you are planning to release your modification, please ask our permission first.
- live demo
- large preview
- download the theme (0.2 Mb)
- release post on designer’s blog
Features of the theme Link
- typography insired, graphical elements made only of characters,
- 3 columns + 1 (metadata),
- 2 sidebars for widgets,
- theme works with WordPress 2.6+
- The font used for graphical elements is Museo1 by Jos Buivenga.
This theme will be supported and upgraded. new versions will be available on Odd Web Things’s site.
Meta-area for the post
Comments to the post
Thank you, Piotr. We appreciate your work and your good intentions.
Last but not least… Link
You may be interested in the following free WordPress-themes as well:
- Agregado: A Free WordPress Theme
- Infinity: A Free WordPress Theme2
- WordPress.Fun: A Free WordPress Theme3
- Fervens: A Free WordPress Theme4
- Dilectio: A Free WordPress Theme
- Smashing: A Free WordPress Theme
- 1 http://www.josbuivenga.demon.nl/museo.html
- 2 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2008/08/08/infinity-a-free-wordpress-theme/
- 3 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2008/07/16/wordpress-fun-a-free-wordpress-theme/
- 4 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2008/08/05/fervens-a-free-wordpress-theme/
Hold on, Tiger! Thank you for reading the article. Did you know that we also publish printed books and run friendly conferences – crafted for pros like you? Like SmashingConf New York, on June 14–15, with smart design patterns and front-end techniques.