More people across the world are living in cities than ever before. Cities are both places of historical significance and the engines of the world’s economy. They’re also home to some of the greatest treasures and buildings that mankind has created. Cities are wonderful subjects for photography. They offer a variety of subjects suitable for both straight and HDR photography, including architectural, street and night photography. The structure, angles and texture you get with architectural photography make it unique and very engaging. [Content Care Nov/28/2016]
From the energy of Cairo to the canals of Venice, Smashing Magazine celebrates the diversity of the world’s cities by presenting you 35 beautiful city photos. Be sure to check out the portfolios of the talented photographers whose work you see here. We’ve also included some useful links at the bottom of the article.
Further Reading on SmashingMag:
- The Beauty of Street Photography
- Paris Metro Map – The Redesign
- 50 Beautiful Examples Of Tilt-Shift Photography
- 50 Incredible Photography Techniques and Photo Tutorials
35 Beautiful City Photos
Pura Luhur Uluwatu Temple, Bali
New York City, United States
Sources and Resources
- ePhotoZine - Architecture, a beginner’s guide A beginner’s guide to architectural photography.
- What Are Architectural Landscape Photos? A guide to the history of architectural landscape photography.
- Metro Arts and Architecture A guide to the 50 most beautiful subway systems in the world.
- Flickr Favorite City and Street Photographers