A photoblog is a very specific type of blog. Its focus is photography, and there are typically few words beyond a caption and comments. Photoblogs are easy to set up and maintain, and they make great photo galleries for photographers who are put off by the complexity of HTML coding or installing a CMS such as WordPress.
It’s because of this simplicity, not to mention the development of free yet sophisticated tools like Pixelpost, that photoblogging has exploded in popularity over the last few years. Photoblogs.org, for example, lists over 32,000 photoblogs! That’s a lot of photos, and a lot of photographers vying for your attention. [Content Care Nov/30/2016]
You might be interested in the following related posts:
- 30 Amazing Online Photography Magazines1
- 35 Beautiful Photography Websites2
- 50 Excellent Digital Photography Photoshop Tutorials3
- 50 Incredible Photography Techniques and Photo Tutorials4
Dedicated as ever to making your life easier, we’ve handpicked over 50 brilliant photoblogs for your viewing pleasure. There’s a little of everything, including photojournalism and nature, landscape, street, portrait and travel photography. We’ve also listed some of the best photoblogging solutions, articles and other resources at the bottom of the post.
50 Wonderful Photoblogs Link
Andreas Kaiser Photography
Stunning black-and-white photos from German photographer Andreas Kaiser.
Eyes Wide Opened
Dark and eerie fantasy photography.
Interesting set of photos from self-taught photographer Sean McKendall.
Photos from a Hong Kong-based photographer.
Photojournalism blog from the Sacramento Bee.
Beautiful landscapes from Germany.
From 10 to 300 mm
More amazing landscapes.
Filling the Frame
Street and documentary photography from Argentina.
Lots of gritty black-and-white photos.
Inspirational photography by Kenny Wang.
The personal work of a Swedish photojournalist.
Winner of best Canadian Photoblog in the 2007 Photobloggies awards.
Innovative portraiture and fashion photography.
Evocative black-and-white photography from Japan.
Last Click Link
Wonderful photos, especially of children, from Spanish photographer Marta.
Photos and images have a strong ability to add color to a design that may be very plain or basic without the image. A well-chosen photo can complement the color scheme and give it more depth. In some cases a color scheme can be too overwhelming with lots of different colors of text, backgrounds, buttons, navigation, etc., but a picture can add far more variety of color without having the same downfalls.
- 1 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2009/04/40-amazing-online-photography-magazines/
- 2 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2009/07/35-beautiful-photography-websites/
- 3 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2008/12/50-excellent-digital-photography-photoshop-tutorials/
- 4 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2009/04/the-ultimate-photography-round-up/
- 5 http://www.xoverip.info/pb/
- 6 http://www.xoverip.info/pb/
- 7 http://www.chromasia.com/
- 8 http://www.chromasia.com/
- 9 http://www.laurenskuipers.nl/pixelpost/index.php
- 10 http://www.laurenskuipers.nl/pixelpost/index.php
- 11 http://www.robertkruh.com/blog/
- 12 http://www.robertkruh.com/blog/
- 13 http://www.jeezopeezo.com/index.php
- 14 http://www.jeezopeezo.com/index.php
- 15 http://wvs.topleftpixel.com/
- 16 http://wvs.topleftpixel.com/
- 17 http://www.fineartphotoblog.com/
- 18 http://www.fineartphotoblog.com/
- 19 http://stuckincustoms.com/
- 20 http://stuckincustoms.com/
- 21 http://exposedplanet.com/index.php
- 22 http://exposedplanet.com/index.php
- 23 http://www.photoschau.de
- 24 http://www.photoschau.de/index.php?showimage=763
- 25 http://pixelcandy.tomyeah.com/
- 26 http://pixelcandy.tomyeah.com/
- 27 http://www.hereandnow.ch/
- 28 http://www.hereandnow.ch/
- 29 http://www.reallyjapan.com/
- 30 http://www.reallyjapan.com/
- 31 http://blogs.wsj.com/photojournal/
- 32 http://blogs.wsj.com/photojournal/
- 33 http://www.dawnleblanc.com/
- 34 http://www.dawnleblanc.com/
- 35 http://www.dutchphotoday.nl/
- 36 http://www.dutchphotoday.nl/
- 37 http://www.dianevarner.com/
- 38 http://www.dianevarner.com/
- 39 http://www.pdnphotooftheday.com/
- 40 http://www.pdnphotooftheday.com/
- 41 http://www.thesefleetingmoments.com
- 42 http://www.thesefleetingmoments.com
- 43 http://www.absolutely-nothing.co.uk/default.aspx
- 44 http://www.absolutely-nothing.co.uk/default.aspx
- 45 http://www.durhamtownship.com/
- 46 http://www.durhamtownship.com/
- 47 http://www.sa92.ba/v1/index.php?showimage=259&lang=en
- 48 http://www.sa92.ba/v1/index.php?showimage=259&lang=en
- 49 http://www.whateverland.com/
- 50 http://www.whateverland.com/
- 51 http://wink.nixone.com/
- 52 http://wink.nixone.com/
- 53 http://www.terrorkitten.com/iblog/
- 54 http://www.terrorkitten.com/iblog/
- 55 http://www.japanwindow.com/
- 56 http://www.japanwindow.com/
- 57 http://framedandshot.com/
- 58 http://framedandshot.com/
- 59 http://lumilux.org/
- 60 http://lumilux.org/
- 61 http://www.thisisaphotoblog.com/
- 62 http://www.thisisaphotoblog.com/
- 63 http://pixelgrain.org/photos/
- 64 http://pixelgrain.org/photos/
- 65 http://sixty4-middle-kingdom.blogspot.com/
- 66 http://sixty4-middle-kingdom.blogspot.com/
- 67 http://www.milouvision.com/
- 68 http://www.myglasseye.net/
- 69 http://www.shannonrichardson.com/electrolite.html
- 70 http://www.shannonrichardson.com/electrolite.html
- 71 http://www.ojorojo.info/
- 72 http://www.ojorojo.info/