The skateboard has been a favorite medium of artists for decades. Not only does it provide a sturdy surface to paint on, but it offers a great way to have your artwork be seen in the community. Skateboarding culture, which was once looked on as a short-term fad for rebellious teens, has established itself in society.
A wide range of artists have opted to put the canvas aside and go with the unique shape of the skateboard as a way to get their artwork out. In this article, we showcase 40 amazing skateboard designs that blend various design styles. Whether you used to skateboard, currently skateboard or have never stepped on one, these skateboard designs will surely lend inspiration.
You may want to take a look at the following related posts:
- Tribute To Graffiti: 50 Beautiful Street Artworks1
- 40 Stunning and Creative Graffiti Artworks2
- The Beauty Of Urban Decay3
- Urban Art Tutorial in Photoshop and Illustrator4
Beautiful Skateboard Designs and Resources Link
The Black Rock Collective is a design collective of over 40 artists. By letting each person contribute a different style, they come up with a great variety of designs.
Impressive skateboard designs by the freelance designer and illustrator Drez were brought to life by exporting his vector artwork for creation as plotted vinyl graphics. His other deck designs feature a collection of fantastic illustrations with heavy textures and a variety of graphics.
Calavera exhibits a great comic-book style in its designs. They use great illustrations, and a lot of their designs feature a vintage look and style.
The skateboard designs below exhibit a brilliant, playful style. Each design uses great colors to achieve a fun style.
No one said design couldn’t have a little edge to it. These designs show that even edgy designs can be turned into beautiful artwork.
Electrik Suicide uses great mixed-media designs to create a unique style. His designs feature images that really let the mind penetrate the depths of the board.
Mike uses a brilliant array of colors to make his designs really pop. His blending of colors gives his artwork a unique style.
Artist Chuck Anderson sharply mixes together everyday photographic realism and colorful, fantasy-tinged surrealism, creating a rich and vivid portrait of a world only imagined.
Go Media is a design group that creates mind-numbing designs. Having a large body of experience designing in different media, they’re able to easily turn the skateboard into an amazing work of art while keeping its purpose and culture at the forefront.
MWM uses a vivid mix of colors, shapes and patterns to create some truly awesome and unusual boards. With mixtures of colors rarely seen together, his skateboards have an altogether distinct feel.
Further Resources Link
You can find more beautiful skateboard designs in these showcases:
- 220+ Stunning Creative Skateboard Graphics9
- 30 Cool Vector-Illustrated Skateboard Decks
Here are 30 very cool examples of vector skateboard deck art with info on the artists behind them, plus some resources to help you get started creating your own skateboard deck art.
- 1 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2008/09/tribute-to-graffiti-50-beautiful-graffiti-artworks/
- 2 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2009/05/40-stunning-and-creative-graffiti-artworks/
- 3 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2009/01/the-beauty-of-urban-decay/
- 4 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2009/09/graffiti-art-tutorial-in-photoshop-and-illustrator/
- 5 http://www.imakethings.co.uk/
- 6 http://www.imakethings.co.uk/
- 7 http://www.imakethings.co.uk/
- 8 http://www.imakethings.co.uk/
- 9 http://www.blog.spoongraphics.co.uk/articles/over-220-stunning-creative-skateboard-graphics