When visiting a blog for the first time, you get an instant and strong impression from the design and layout. Cluttered and confusing blog layouts can be an instant turn-off, while sleek and elegant designs immediately captivate the audience.
The 35 blog designs featured in this showcase engage visitors with a memorable layout, elegant design and good usability. They have no need to shout; they attract attention through sheer elegance and beauty. Through careful planning and judicious placement of elements, each of these layouts brings something unique and truly special to the Web.
Designers can take inspiration from these featured designs to create their own brand of magic.
You might also enjoy this previous article:
Elegant And Original Blog Designs Link
Muted colors, reminiscent of days gone by, give this design a comfortable vintage feel. The beautiful graphic in the header and simple navigation in the sidebar below set this blog design apart.
Hugs for Monsters16
The author’s own artwork was used to create this stunning design. The layout is simple and tidy, yet a work of art at the same time. As an added bonus, humor is used to entertain readers as they enjoy the view.
Clean and compact, this blog’s design organizes content like a book. The navigation is housed in the bookmark-shaped tabs, which smoothly glide into view as the mouse rolls over them.
Simple, clean, minimalistic and beautiful.
The easy navigation in this bold and simple blog design offers a quick snapshot of the content. Although usually difficult to pull off using an image this large and dominant in an elegant design, this layout seems to do it with ease.
The Design Superhero49
Bold color combined with simple blocks of content displayed in a straightforward way are the highlights of this blog design. The content is neatly organized, with no clutter to distract readers.
Color contrast and exceptional organization in this blog design gives visitors not only a visual treat but also easy navigation. Content is neatly displayed in concise blocks, making it simple for users to find their way around.
Bold color and contrast and exceptionally good use of typography allow this blog design to work beautifully without images. It comes as no surprise that the author states in his bio that he loves both color and typography.
Minimal design meets great typography and a one-column layout. The result is simple and elegant.
Further Resources Link
- 45 Excellent Blog Designs69
- 30 More Excellent Blog Designs70
- 45 More Excellent Blog Designs71
- Now More Than Ever: 50 More Excellent Blog Designs72
- 1 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2008/10/23/50-beautiful-blog-designs/
- 2 http://www.istokpavlovic.com/blog/
- 3 http://www.istokpavlovic.com/blog/
- 4 http://chrisguillebeau.com
- 5 http://chrisguillebeau.com
- 6 http://hicksdesign.co.uk/journal/
- 7 http://hicksdesign.co.uk/journal/
- 8 http://ma.tt/
- 9 http://ma.tt/
- 10 http://www.newtoyork.com/
- 11 http://www.newtoyork.com/
- 12 http://ayakaito.com/log/
- 13 http://ayakaito.com/log/
- 14 http://weblog.cynosura.eu/
- 15 http://weblog.cynosura.eu/
- 16 http://blog.hugsformonsters.com/
- 17 http://blog.hugsformonsters.com/
- 18 http://www.outlawdesignblog.com/
- 19 http://www.outlawdesignblog.com/
- 20 http://www.lebloe.com/?page_id=145
- 21 http://www.lebloe.com/?page_id=145
- 22 http://new.typographica.org/
- 23 http://new.typographica.org/
- 24 http://www.agamicreative.com/blog/
- 25 http://www.agamicreative.com/blog/
- 26 http://retinart.net/
- 27 http://retinart.net/
- 28 http://blog.belvoirfruitfarms.co.uk/
- 29 http://blog.belvoirfruitfarms.co.uk/
- 30 http://stephencaver.com/
- 31 http://stephencaver.com/
- 32 http://amourchaleur.com/
- 33 http://amourchaleur.com/
- 34 http://www.neuralneteffect.org/
- 35 http://www.neuralneteffect.org/
- 36 http://www.berttimmermans.com/
- 37 http://www.berttimmermans.com/
- 38 http://goodlittlecompany.com/index.php/weeblog/all_posts/
- 39 http://goodlittlecompany.com/index.php/weeblog/all_posts/
- 40 http://www.forgetfoo.com//
- 41 http://www.webscienceman.com/
- 42 http://www.webscienceman.com/
- 43 http://www.kevadamson.com/talking-of-design
- 44 http://www.kevadamson.com/talking-of-design
- 45 http://kriscolvin.com/
- 46 http://kriscolvin.com/
- 47 http://www.lyricalmedia.com/
- 48 http://www.lyricalmedia.com/
- 49 http://thedesignsuperhero.com/
- 50 http://thedesignsuperhero.com/
- 51 http://visual-nightmare.com/
- 52 http://visual-nightmare.com/
- 53 http://www.imwithsully.com/blog/
- 54 http://www.imwithsully.com/blog/
- 55 http://chengis.me/
- 56 http://chengis.me/
- 57 http://blog.torondel.net/
- 58 http://blog.torondel.net/
- 59 http://escapingthewordcage.com/
- 60 http://escapingthewordcage.com/
- 61 http://www.fubiz.net/
- 62 http://www.fubiz.net/
- 63 http://frieze.dk/
- 64 http://frieze.dk/
- 65 http://pixelpretation.com/
- 66 http://pixelpretation.com/
- 67 http://www.northern-classics.de/
- 68 http://www.northern-classics.de/
- 69 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2007/08/28/45-excellent-blog-designs/
- 70 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2007/11/22/30-more-excellent-blog-designs/
- 71 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2008/02/20/45-more-excellent-blog-designs/
- 72 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2008/05/08/now-more-than-ever-50-more-excellent-blog-designs/
Hold on tiger! Thank you for reading the article. Did you know that we also publish printed books and run friendly conferences – crafted for pros like you? Like SmashingConf Oxford, on March 15—16, with smart design patterns and front-end techniques.