While recording artists and bands are busy recording their albums, a separate effort is usually being made behind the scenes to plan for the launch, promotion and circulation of the new tracks. The creation of CD cover art is an intergral part of this process.
Some CD covers feature heavily edited and airbrushed vanity photos of the musicians or recording artists. Thankfully, others are much more creative and work to create a cover image that reflects the mood, attitude or feel of the music it promotes. The most striking designs are those that capture both a buyer’s attention and the essense of the music.
The CD cover art designs and concepts featured in this showcase present dramatic, quirky, unusual or unique artwork. This type of cover art can make a big difference when a little-known band releases an album. Captivating or iconic cover art can make a band instantly recognizable, which increases sales, which in turn boosts airplay and subsequently demand for the music. Mainstream marketing is rarely this attractive, and the wide variety of beautiful CD cover art makes browsing CDs an enjoyable experience that reaches far beyond the music.
It must be noted that a collection of this nature is never complete, and the value of art is very personal and subjective. While we may love the familiar cover art of some classic favourites because we love the bands and the music, a critical look at the cover art can often be a disappointment. For the purposes of this cross-section of remarkable and obscure cd cover art we have chosen to ignore the musical genius of the albums in favor of showcasing brilliant cover art.
You may also enjoy this previous article:
100 Obscure and Remarkable CD Covers Link
Osaka Popstar – Rock’em O-Sock’em Live!5 (2008)
This gruesome cover is meant to be humorous, but may err on the side of bizarre. What look to be dollish little men have lost their heads, and perhaps some sales opportunities as well.
Tool – Ænima (1996)
One of many brilliant cover art designs for Tool, this one is also a stunning optical illusion.
Jerry Goodman – Ariel13 (1986)
Who doesn’t love flying fish? This cover art is confusing without being annoying. Someone might pick up this CD just to try to figure out what is going on with the cover.
Daydreamer – Dialogue15 (2008)
Bold slpashes of gold and red are used on this cd cover, which features a clever typography image. Haunting eyes peek out from beyond a mass of golden words that serve as hair.
Iron and Wine – The Shepherd’s Dog (2007)
Pop art is featured on thie cd cover. Bright colors and an abstract image are combined to create something visually stunning.
Pixies – Doolittle (1990)
With a name like Pixies, you might expect sweet, innocent looking cover art. This is not the case.
The Roots – Things Fall Apart (1999)
This album was released with five different covers, each depicting a social disaster. The most striking of the five, seen here, shows African American teenagers being chased down a street in Brooklyn during the Civil Rights era.
Rivermaya – Buhay22 (2008)
The art on this cd cover is a bit perplexing. The mostly monochromatic design comes to life with a pop of red and yellow. As the eye is drawn into the picture, the oddities become evident.
Unkle – Never, Never Land (2003)
The hand-drawn art on this cover is stark, simple and unique.
Story of the Year – Page Avenue (2003)
The title and art on this cover work beautifully together.
The Mothers of Invention – Weasels Ripped My Flesh (1988)
The cover art of this cd colorfully mocks the title.
Circa Survive – Juturna (2005)
This moody cover art grabs attention and doesn’t let it go.
Thom Yorke – The Eraser (2006)
This cover, with it’s simple black, white and red hand-drawn design, is captivating.
KMFDM – Hau Ruck (2005)
Harsh, abrupt, and loud, this KMFDM cover art gets in your face.
The Beatles – Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band30 (1967)
Some say no collection of cover art is worth mentioning without this cover.
As Cities Burn – Hell or High Water32 (2008)
Both Hell and high water make their appearance in this album cover by As Cities Burn, and the heavy relief styling mated with macabre humor do well to quickly catch your eye.
Bring Me the Horizon – Count Your Blessings34 (2006)
Good photographic composition draws the viewer’s eye to the little girl immediately in this cover from Bring Me the Horizon, only to then take it on a tour all over the picture.
Deftones – Deftones36 (2003)
Relaxed and friendly typography tops this self-titled album’s cover art, while perfectly over-contrasted colors surround the skull in the center. This cover stands out anywhere.
Massive Attack – Mezzanine37 (1998)
The idea of such a limited color scheme and so much white space may seem boring on paper, but the execution of this album’s cover art was flawless and the image has been burned to memory for millions of fans world-wide ever since.
Frank Zappa – Ship Arriving Too Late to Save a Drowning Witch39 (1995)
This cover combines a silly title with a Swedish-looking font and an imaginatively simple drawing that, once we’ve read the title, really does look like a drowning witch and a ship’s keel.
The Rippingtons – Modern Art (2009)
While the typography on this cd cover could be much better, the “cool cat” and his art seem to make up for it.
The Van Buren Regulars – 14 Minutes ’till 3 (2007)
Beautiful lighting and a good setting make the photograph in this cover art perfect for what it’s been used for. The title of the album serves as a seat to the band-name and the reader feels relaxed, as though peering over the railing and looking down the stairwell like a child might.
Norma Jean – O God the Aftermath43 (2005)
Like viral marketing, Norma Jean’s album is made to stop a browser in their tracks and force them to wonder what happened on the cover. Did somebody write on it? Is this a used cd? This kind of extended attention is exactly what album art should get.
Out of Enemies – Into the Darkness47 (2009)
Good use of artist rendering here shows a surrealistic scene in modern manga-style illustration. We don’t know what’s in the woods, or why the hero needs to enter. We just know he’s Out of Enemies.
The Flaming Lips – Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots48 (1988)
This cd cover art is unique and interesting, and with a pink robot, how could they lose?
Adagio – Archangels in Black (2009)
Dark and moody, this cover art composition was designed to highlight key features. Mystery and anquish draw the listener to this cover.
Junkyard – The Birthday Party54 (1982)
This cd cover art is macabre and humorous at the same time. There is a little bit of everything in the image, and with each look one might see something that went unnoticed before.
A budding artist created this image in hope that it would be used as cd cover art. It’s frightening and striking at the same time. The two faces could represent may things and may make an excellent cover image for the right band..
Yeah Yeah Yeahs – Zero58 (single, 2009)
Some covers totally mess with your mind. This is one of them. The bright blue eye seems to be staring out from a pair of shiny red lips. This is an unexpected composition, to say the least, and has helped propel the Yeah Yeah Yeah’s from unknown independents to household names.
Anew Revolution – Rise (2008)
This cd cover art is simple and basic, yet incredibly striking. The edges look charred already, while a hand holds a match in the foreground. While the overall color scheme is subdued, even cold, the flame is embellished to give the illusion of heat.
Further Seems Forever – Hide Nothing61 (2004)
Matching the cover in metaphor to the name of the band is a common trick in album art, but the more abstract the band-name the more difficult it becomes to accomplish. This cover managed to do pretty well in its attempt.
Eagles of Death Metal – Heart On62 (2008)
A startling image, front and center on this cd cover commands attention. The red and black contrast also serve to draw eyes. However, a human heart clenched in a fist may be a bit too strong, and many potential listeners may keep walking.
Ninja Academy – bra’ka dOm (2005)
Ninjas are rarely seen, and conjoined-twin ninjas are even more of a rarity. The pair gaze into a crystal ball in an attempt to determine if this cover art will be of any interest to potential listeners.
The Gossip – Live in Liverpool (2008)
This cover is simple, bold and effectively conveys the message in an instant. The dirty laundry pictured is a clever play off the band’s name.
More Skin With Milk-Mouth – Giraffes? Giraffes? (2007)
Nothing seems to make sense here, yet it works on this cd cover. More flying fish, an invasion of ladybugs and a Roman statue all fit together in this intriguing, colorful mess.
Cuerpo Meridian – 69 (2006)
The artwork here is so beautifully abstract that we hardly notice the psuedo-twins crouching at the bottom. A deeper look reveals more embedded messages within this cd cover.
RIDE! – The Last of the Bad Men67 (2008)
This is another example of simple, yet striking cd cover design. Colors and effects were expertly applied to create artwork that is stunning enough for a frame, yet is used to promote another form of art instead.
A Perfect Circle – Mer de Noms82 (2000)
Simple and elegant artwork can also make a great cd cover. This design is particularly attractive because all of the elements work together perfectly to create a memorable and uncluttered cover.
Arcade Fire – Funeral (2004)
Completely vintage in appearance, this Arcade Fire cd cover art is nearly monochromatic and simplistic in design.
Evanescence – The Open Door (2006)
A moody and romantic tone is set with this cd cover art design. The mystery lies on the other side of the door.
The Postal Service – Give Up (2003)
This extremely simple cd cover design is also extremely memorable and effective. Soft focus on the background photo give the cover an understated elegance.
Cocteau Twins – Treasure90 (1991)
The music on this album has been described as sensual and timeless, and the cover art also falls in line with that description. Its simplicity allows it to withstand the test of time.
Radiohead – OK Computer (1997)
The music on this album is about machines dehumanizing people, and the cover art seems to touch on the speed and technology of modern life.
Radiohead – In Rainbows (2007)
Taking the rainbow theme to task, the artist used an interesting background and multi-colored text with random keystrokes inserted to create this cover art.
Striking and self-explanatory, this cd cover art stands out in a crowd.
Orbital – In Sides (1996)
Chaotic and colorful cover art decorated the cover of this Orbital cd.
The Smashing Pumpkins – Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness (1995)
The cover art on this cd looks vintage, but was produced for the 1995 release of this much-loved album.
The Beatles – Revolver108 (1966)
This album took place during confusing time for the Beatles, when they were in a state of flux and trying many new things; this cover art conveys the idea of just that.
Pink Floyd – The Darkside of the Moon110 (1973)
Voted and declared on many lists internationally as the greatest album cover art in history, The Darkside of the Moon stands the test of time as it’s still wildly popular in its simplicity.
Devin Townsend – Ziltoid the Omniscient116 (2007)
This extremely humorous cover mimics classic sci-fi B-movies. Someone browsing the record store might stop just to see if it’s a misplaced DVD. Covers like this serve to pique curiosity, and often succeed.
Lee Morgan – The Rumproller118 (1965)
Using extreme distortion on the typography in this cover art causes the reader to pause and pay attention, only to be greeted by the full artist and album information off to the side.
Marylin Manson – Mechanical Animals119 (1998)
Always one for shock value, Marylin Manson made sure he would grab eyeballs with this album cover; the cover was so effective that it had to be altered just to be taken off ban-lists.
Menomena – Friend or Foe120 (2007)
This clever album cover actually housed a several-disc set, and depending on which disc was placed in front, the art would change accordingly, with the disc number visible in the strange being’s hand.
The Sex Pistols – Never Mind the Bollocks Here’s the Sex Pistols121 (1977)
Always out to make a statement, the Sex Pistols used this album cover to not only get a laugh out all who came across it, but also to raise brand-awareness. If you’re going to self-title an album, this is a good way to go about doing it.
Beck – The Information123 (2006)
The album was issued with a blank sleeve and booklet and one of four different sheets of stickers for fans to make their own album art. Beck explained to Wired magazine he wanted no two copies of the CD cover to be the same: “The artwork is going to be customizable. The idea is to provide something that calls for interactivity.” However, because the unique album art concept was seen as a gimmick to bolster retail sales, The Information was deemed ineligible to enter the UK Albums Chart.
Sila – Imza125 (2008)
Normally a photo shoot of the artist winds up somewhat plain; Sila does things differently in this shot, as it barely looks real. The feathers reminds us more of a cinematic trailer for a fantasy movie or video game, the brightness draws us into the center where her eyes anchor the canvas.
The Darkness – One Way Ticket to Hell… And Back126 (2005)
Wraparound covers, while not quite rare, aren’t common either. So when a good one comes up, it’s always a nice thing to see, and this one is simply amazingly well done.
The Who – Then and Now127 (2004/2006)
This album art showcases the fact that The Who have been around since before most of us were born. The vintage styling makes every piece of information “pop” and the whole thing comes together to look like a concert poster.
Tool – 10,000 Days (2006)
While the cover itself is not amazing, it’s what Tool have done with the packaging that makes it worth a mention. Tool raised the bar with digipacks by including a set of stereoscope glasses to view the accompanying artwork.
Further Resources Link
- 1 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2008/08/03/35-beautiful-music-album-covers/
- 2 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2011/07/design-legacy-a-social-history-of-jamaican-album-covers/
- 3 http://www.rockline.si/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108&start=15&sid=be3020c4fa9e0709773fdb9fe0d6dc92
- 4 http://www.rockline.si/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108&start=15&sid=be3020c4fa9e0709773fdb9fe0d6dc92
- 5 http://www.poundart.com/art/cds/OsakaLiveCoverRGB_72.jpg
- 6 http://www.poundart.com/art/cds/OsakaLiveCoverRGB_72.jpg
- 7 http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/5758-in-the-aeroplane-over-the-sea/
- 8 http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/5758-in-the-aeroplane-over-the-sea/
- 9 http://www.taringa.net/posts/musica/1459135/King-Crimson---In-Court-Of-The-Crimson-King.html
- 10 http://www.taringa.net/posts/musica/1459135/King-Crimson---In-Court-Of-The-Crimson-King.html
- 11 http://www.jefflynnesongs.com/sweettalkinwoman/
- 12 http://www.jefflynnesongs.com/sweettalkinwoman/
- 13 http://www.flickr.com/photos/exquisitur/2552642830/
- 14 http://www.flickr.com/photos/exquisitur/2552642830/
- 15 http://celiacalle.com/daydreamer_cover.jpg
- 16 http://www.worldinmotion.net/neworder/discography/singles/1988/BlueMonday88.jpg
- 17 http://media.photobucket.com/image/Nick%20Drake%20-%20Pink%20Moon/the_poetmaster/NickDrakePinkMoon.jpg
- 18 http://www.fanpop.com/spots/the-mars-volta/images/410400
- 19 http://www.fanpop.com/spots/the-mars-volta/images/410400
- 20 http://www.myspace.com/mimo_tv
- 21 http://www.myspace.com/mimo_tv
- 22 http://purpleturtlealien.deviantart.com/art/Rivermaya-Buhay-Album-Cover-75740484
- 23 http://purpleturtlealien.deviantart.com/art/Rivermaya-Buhay-Album-Cover-75740484
- 24 http://www.discogs.com/Matt-Elliott-Howling-Songs/release/1518195
- 25 http://www.discogs.com/Matt-Elliott-Howling-Songs/release/1518195
- 26 http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/81/Onlettinggo.jpg
- 27 http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/81/Onlettinggo.jpg
- 28 http://www.worldinmotion.net/neworder/discography/singles/1988/BlueMonday88.jpg
- 29 http://www.worldinmotion.net/neworder/discography/singles/1988/BlueMonday88.jpg
- 30 http://www.sonyinsider.com/2009/03/19/sony-and-sgt-peppers-lonely-hearts-club-band/
- 31 http://www.sonyinsider.com/2009/03/19/sony-and-sgt-peppers-lonely-hearts-club-band/
- 32 http://www.amazon.com/Hell-High-Water-Cities-Burn/dp/B001UJIMNW/ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1242241604&sr=8-1
- 33 http://www.amazon.com/Hell-High-Water-Cities-Burn/dp/B001UJIMNW/ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1242241604&sr=8-1
- 34 http://www.amazon.com/Count-Your-Blessings-Bring-Horizon/dp/B000TE8BRG/ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1242242919&sr=1-1
- 35 http://www.amazon.com/Count-Your-Blessings-Bring-Horizon/dp/B000TE8BRG/ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1242242919&sr=1-1
- 36 http://www.amazon.com/Deftones/dp/B00008YJQW/ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1242243518&sr=1-1
- 37 http://www.amazon.com/Mezzanine-Massive-Attack/dp/B000006045/ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1242244998&sr=1-1
- 38 http://www.amazon.com/Mezzanine-Massive-Attack/dp/B000006045/ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1242244998&sr=1-1
- 39 http://www.amazon.com/Ship-Arriving-Late-Drowning-Witch/dp/B0000009T4/ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1242246994&sr=1-1
- 40 http://www.amazon.com/Ship-Arriving-Late-Drowning-Witch/dp/B0000009T4/ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1242246994&sr=1-1
- 41 http://www.amazon.com/Coil-Toad-Wet-Sprocket/dp/B000002BR9/ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1242247154&sr=1-1
- 42 http://www.amazon.com/Coil-Toad-Wet-Sprocket/dp/B000002BR9/ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1242247154&sr=1-1
- 43 http://www.amazon.com/O-God-Aftermath-Norma-Jean/dp/B0007GAE0S/ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1242245587&sr=1-1
- 44 http://productshopnyc.com/htdocs/mccainpalin/
- 45 http://productshopnyc.com/htdocs/mccainpalin/
- 46 http://www.amazon.com/Lost-Horizons-Lemon-Jelly/dp/B00006C77O/ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1242244742&sr=1-1
- 47 http://www.amazon.com/Into-Darkness-Out-Enemies/dp/B001EWOK6S/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1242245887&sr=1-3
- 48 http://www.worldinmotion.net/neworder/discography/singles/1988/BlueMonday88.jpg
- 49 http://www.worldinmotion.net/neworder/discography/singles/1988/BlueMonday88.jpg
- 50 http://www.flickr.com/photos/exquisitur/2551756359/
- 51 http://www.flickr.com/photos/exquisitur/2551756359/
- 52 http://www.flickr.com/photos/heavy-metal/1346898715/
- 53 http://www.flickr.com/photos/heavy-metal/1346898715/
- 54 http://angryfix.blogspot.com/
- 55 http://angryfix.blogspot.com/
- 56 http://www.flickr.com/photos/azredheadedbrat/145482178/
- 57 http://www.flickr.com/photos/azredheadedbrat/145482178/
- 58 http://www.culturebully.com/yeah-yeah-yeahs-zero
- 59 http://www.culturebully.com/yeah-yeah-yeahs-zero
- 60 http://www.worldinmotion.net/neworder/discography/singles/1988/BlueMonday88.jpg
- 61 http://www.amazon.com/Hide-Nothing-Further-Seems-Forever/dp/B0002M5UGA/ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1242244238&sr=1-2
- 62 http://www.zmemusic.com/rock/new-eagles-of-death-metal-album-art-for-heart-on/
- 63 http://www.zmemusic.com/rock/new-eagles-of-death-metal-album-art-for-heart-on/
- 64 http://blog.justswell.org/
- 65 http://www.flickr.com/photos/bbdh/406005590/
- 66 http://www.flickr.com/photos/bbdh/406005590/
- 67 http://www.flickr.com/photos/55378591@N00/2405105383/
- 68 http://www.flickr.com/photos/55378591@N00/2405105383/
- 69 http://www.flickr.com/photos/lizfox/1061562257/
- 70 http://www.flickr.com/photos/lizfox/1061562257/
- 71 http://www.flickr.com/photos/fotologic/2514443832/
- 72 http://www.flickr.com/photos/fotologic/2514443832/
- 73 http://www.flickr.com/photos/fotologic/2513618971/
- 74 http://www.flickr.com/photos/9921959@N02/2345612244/
- 75 http://www.flickr.com/photos/9921959@N02/2345612244/
- 76 http://www.flickr.com/photos/heavy-metal/1346898947/
- 77 http://www.flickr.com/photos/heavy-metal/1346898947/
- 78 http://blogs.villagevoice.com/statusainthood/
- 79 http://blogs.villagevoice.com/statusainthood/
- 80 http://www.flickr.com/photos/heavy-metal/1347786230/
- 81 http://www.flickr.com/photos/heavy-metal/1347786230/
- 82 http://dic.academic.ru/dic.nsf/enwiki/213498
- 83 http://dic.academic.ru/dic.nsf/enwiki/213498
- 84 http://cdn.pitchfork.com/media/453-arcade-fire-ep.jpg
- 85 http://cdn.pitchfork.com/media/453-arcade-fire-ep.jpg
- 86 http://www.thetripwire.com/tag/bjork/
- 87 http://www.thetripwire.com/tag/bjork/
- 88 http://eil.com/shop/moreinfo.asp?catalogid=429062
- 89 http://eil.com/shop/moreinfo.asp?catalogid=429062
- 90 http://www.evo.org/html/wrap/CocteauTwins.Treasure.cd.jpg.html
- 91 http://www.evo.org/html/wrap/CocteauTwins.Treasure.cd.jpg.html
- 92 http://cdn.pitchfork.com/media/7843-she-wants-revenge.jpg
- 93 http://cdn.pitchfork.com/media/7843-she-wants-revenge.jpg
- 94 http://a940.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/93/l_9c0640bf370051f694dfaf8880d03c5b.jpg
- 95 http://media.photobucket.com/image/Reid%20Miles%20Blue%20Note/ladylexx/nbn2144.jpg
- 96 http://media.photobucket.com/image/Reid%20Miles%20Blue%20Note/ladylexx/nbn2144.jpg
- 97 http://www.worldinmotion.net/neworder/discography/singles/1988/BlueMonday88.jpg
- 98 http://www.worldinmotion.net/neworder/discography/singles/1988/BlueMonday88.jpg
- 99 http://www.worldinmotion.net/neworder/discography/singles/1988/BlueMonday88.jpg
- 100 http://www.matadorrecords.com/fucked_up/
- 101 http://www.matadorrecords.com/fucked_up/
- 102 http://quimby.gnus.org/4ad-pics/Pixies.ComeOnPilgrim.lp.jpg
- 103 http://www.worldinmotion.net/neworder/discography/singles/1988/BlueMonday88.jpg
- 104 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Supertramp_-_Breakfast_in_America.jpg
- 105 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Supertramp_-_Breakfast_in_America.jpg
- 106 http://www.worldinmotion.net/neworder/discography/singles/1988/BlueMonday88.jpg
- 107 http://www.wiigroove.com/?p=3
- 108 http://www.worldinmotion.net/neworder/discography/singles/1988/BlueMonday88.jpg
- 109 http://www.worldinmotion.net/neworder/discography/singles/1988/BlueMonday88.jpg
- 110 http://www.worldinmotion.net/neworder/discography/singles/1988/BlueMonday88.jpg
- 111 http://dkpresents.wordpress.com/2008/09/20/masterpiece-dark-side-of-the-moon/
- 112 http://www.flickr.com/photos/littlepixel/3388123008/
- 113 http://www.flickr.com/photos/littlepixel/3388123008/
- 114 http://i34.tinypic.com/n2l301.jpg
- 115 http://i34.tinypic.com/n2l301.jpg
- 116 http://www.amazon.com/Presents-Ziltoid-Omniscient-Devin-Townsend/dp/B000P2A4FY/ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1242243823&sr=1-1
- 117 http://www.amazon.com/Under-Iron-Sea-Keane/dp/B000FBHT1C/ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1242244403&sr=1-1
- 118 http://www.amazon.com/Rumproller-Lee-Morgan/dp/B00000K4GN
- 119 http://www.amazon.com/Mechanical-Animals-Marilyn-Manson/dp/B00000AFGM/ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1242244863&sr=1-1
- 120 http://www.amazon.com/Friend-Foe-Menomena/dp/B000LP6KKS/ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1242245133&sr=1-1
- 121 http://www.amazon.com/Never-Mind-Bollocks-Heres-Pistols/dp/B000002KIE/ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1242245300&sr=1-1
- 122 http://www.amazon.com/Partial-Print-Tiger-Lou/dp/B001EI5OHQ/ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1242246884&sr=1-2
- 123 http://www.amazon.com/Information-Beck/dp/B000HIVO64
- 124 http://www.amazon.com/Ghost-Reveries-Opeth/dp/B000AA7D8C/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1242245754&sr=1-5
- 125 http://www.sonymusic.com/
- 126 http://www.amazon.com/One-Way-Ticket-Hell-Back/dp/B000BP86OG
- 127 http://www.amazon.com/Then-Now-1964-2004-Who/dp/B0001IXTMW/ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1242246756&sr=1-1
- 128 http://www.amazon.com/Its-Blitz-Yeah-Yeahs/dp/B001UJIMF0/ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1242247260&sr=1-1
- 129 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2008/08/03/35-beautiful-music-album-covers/
- 130 http://www.sleeveface.com/