A couple of months ago we released the beautiful Flavours Icon set1 that was designed by Oliver Twardowski2, a graphic designer from Bonn, Germany, the set aimed to help designers in their Web and user interface designs, containing 177 icons in a resolution of 48×48 pixels. In this post we release the updated version of the icon set, now with 452 icons, freely available to use in private or commercial projects.
The files are transparent PNGs, and the source file (.psd) is available for download as well (see the links below). As always, the set is completely free and may be used for any private or commercial project without any restrictions whatsoever.
Download the set for free (450+ icons)! Link
- large preview6 (.jpg, 1.8 Mb)
- large preview 27 (.jpg, 0.4 Mb)
- download the full icon set – 450+ icons!8 (.zip, .png-files, 1.7 Mb)
- download the .psd-sources9 (.zip, 6 Mb)
We express sincere gratitude to Oliver for his truly amazing work. Please let us know in the comments if this release meets your expectations. And if not, please let us know what we could improve in the upcoming releases!
Motivation behind the design Link
As usual, here are some insights from the designer himself:
After releasing my first pixel-based iconset ‘flavour’ right here at Smashing magazine, the feedback of the readers was incredible! I received tons of emails, awesome critics and plenty of suggestions for the sequel. Back then I wrote that I wanted to create and publish a second version. So I took a little time out of icon design to get my mind clear and then started to work on the <<extended>>-package. With the ideas in my head and the great suggestions I got from you, designing Flavour <<extended>> was a blast and so much fun for me. Finally I came up with 270 new icons – many more than I would have expected initially. And I hope you like them all and use them in your web-projects.
As last time, all icons are 100% free to use for both private and commercial projects and all the .psd-sources are available to download as well. Please feel free to learn from them and make them fit your personal needs if they don’t do yet.
Have fun with the package and please feel free to support me with more feedback in the comments, via email at icons [at] addictedtocoffee.de or on Twitter10! Together we can even create a third part if you like one to be released!
Best wishes from Bonn, Germany,
What icons do you miss in this set? Link
Please let us know and we’ll design them for you and release in the final version of the package!
Related posts Link
Please take a look at other high-quality freebies as well:
- Project Icon Set11
- Flavours Icon Set12
- DelliStore: A Free Professional CSS/XHTML/PSD-Template13
- “Magazeen”: Free Magazine-Look WordPress Theme14
- Typography Keyboard Layout15
- 1 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2009/01/23/friday-freebies-flavours-icon-set-and-cute-tweeters-icon-set/
- 2 http://www.addictedtocoffee.de
- 3 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/images/flavour-extended/flavour-extended-preview.jpg
- 4 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/images/flavour-extended/large-preview.jpg
- 5 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/images/flavour-extended/large-preview.jpg
- 6 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/images/flavour-extended/large-preview.jpg
- 7 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/images/flavour-extended/keys.jpg
- 8 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/images/flavour-extended/flavour-extended-png.zip
- 9 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/images/flavour-extended/flavour-extended-psd.zip
- 10 http://twitter.com/mywayhome
- 11 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2009/04/27/project-icon-set-for-free-download/
- 12 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2009/01/23/friday-freebies-flavours-icon-set-and-cute-tweeters-icon-set/
- 13 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2009/05/02/dellistore-a-free-professional-cssxhtmlpsd-template/
- 14 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2009/02/23/magazeen-free-magazine-look-wordpress-theme/
- 15 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2009/04/02/typography-keyboard-layout-download-now/
Hold on tiger! Thank you for reading the article. Did you know that we also publish printed books and run friendly conferences – crafted for pros like you? Like SmashingConf Oxford, on March 15—16, with smart design patterns and front-end techniques.