Flash enabled designers and developers to deliver rich content over the browsers, creating motion, interactivity and an impressive visual experience. Good Flash-sites do not require too much bandwidth, load fast and allow for a smooth interaction; besides, beautiful Flash-based sites are Photoshop masterpieces, transporting some kind of reality and fantasy to the Flash movie.
In the showcase below we present 50 colorful, creative, interactive and beautiful Flash-based web-sites. Hopefully they will serve you as an inspiration for your future works or just entertain you on a lousy, boring Sunday.
You might also want to visit the following articles:
- The Gradual Disappearance Of Flash Websites1
- HTML5 And Flash: Why It’s Not A War, And Why Flash Won’t Die2
- The State Of Animation 20143
- Flash vs. Silverlight: What Suits Your Needs Best?4
- Preload: What Is It Good For?5
Drinks Sites Link
This Martini site is a nice example of giving a fresh image of a drink. The navigation is made simple, the graphics have superior quality, it loads fast and runs smoothly. What else does a Flash site need? Note due to the law on alcoholic drinks, you need to enter an e-mail address, a password of your choice and accept their terms.
Bacardi – Original Mojito (currently offline)
The motion graphics and the water effects in slow motion give a unique style to this site. A fresh site, with a colored menu with a drag option, makes it functional and simple. Note: due to the law on alcoholic drinks, you need to enter an e-mail address, a password of your choice and accept their terms.
Beautiful landscape with some nice details such us the sun and butterflies. The old paper effect when opening from the menu, and the mask effect over the green plants give it a special touch.
The Sensisoft site offers a nice interaction for users. The vortex effect while changing from path, the motion graphics in the background, the high quality and details of the graphics make it a great design agency site.
Mauricio Guimarães Portfolio
Mauricio portfolio is a good example of creativity. Instead of the ordinary menu, he uses a kind of parallax movieclip, where the user must interact with the stage to explore the site.
Magnivate Interactive Boutique Agency
A nice animated site. One particular feature on this site is that you need to set a character to explore the site.
This studio portfolio starts with a nice and unusual preloader, a kind of puzzle which interacts on mouse rollover. Another kind of interaction is user’s ability to explode the balloons.
Ari´s Labs. The Digital Home of Graphic Designer Ari Hirvonen16
The high quality of motion graphics, conception and the functional layout makes this site a good example of what a Flash portfolio should look like.
At a first glance this site needs the user to interact with it in order to move forward. Rather than the graphics quality, this site creates a 3D globe, full of color which is a creative option to move around the site.
Privado Seguros (currently offline)
The Privado Seguros site has wonderful graphics, with many rich details. A good example to get inspired from.
Let Your Worries Go
Another parallax site, with beautiful graphics, with funny interactions like dragging the characters – each of them represents one specific topic.
Sometimes designers and developers create awesome works, but these works never go online, because the client hasn’t chosen them. The following projects are great examples which will inspire you for sure on your future projects.
Imagine Air – Flash Site School project
Project: Coca-Cola Light – Tastes of the World
Games or Games Related Link
- 1 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2010/04/the-gradual-disappearance-of-flash-websites/
- 2 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2010/05/html5-and-flash-why-its-not-a-war-and-why-flash-wont-die/
- 3 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2014/11/the-state-of-animation-2014/
- 4 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2009/05/flash-vs-silverlight-what-suits-your-needs-best/
- 5 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2016/02/preload-what-is-it-good-for/
- 6 http://www.martiniasti.com/
- 7 http://www.martiniasti.com/
- 8 http://www.vitaminwater.com
- 9 http://www.vitaminwater.com
- 10 http://www.v5design.com/
- 11 http://www.v5design.com/
- 12 http://www.sensisoft.com/
- 13 http://www.sensisoft.com/
- 14 http://www.colorchakra.com/
- 15 http://www.colorchakra.com/
- 16 http://www.arihirvonen.com/
- 17 http://www.arihirvonen.com/
- 18 http://www.feartox.com/
- 19 http://www.feartox.com/
- 20 http://www.vegaone.de/
- 21 http://www.vegaone.de/
- 22 http://www.infinitcolours.com/
- 23 http://www.infinitcolours.com/
- 24 http://www.aparte-graphique.com/infographiste_freelance_webdesigner_3D.htm
- 25 http://www.aparte-graphique.com/infographiste_freelance_webdesigner_3D.htm
- 26 http://www.sonacom.fr/
- 27 http://www.sonacom.fr/
- 28 http://www.cloudraker.com/
- 29 http://www.cloudraker.com/
- 30 http://prismgirl.org/
- 31 http://prismgirl.org/
- 32 http://www.digaworks.com/
- 33 http://www.digaworks.com/
- 34 http://www.zign.com.br/
- 35 http://www.zign.com.br/
- 36 http://www.mon-monde.com
- 37 http://www.mon-monde.com
- 38 http://www.elipseagency.com/agency.html
- 39 http://www.elipseagency.com/agency.html
- 40 http://www.mattwiggins.net/
- 41 http://www.mattwiggins.net/
- 42 http://www.liliaplanet.com/
- 43 http://www.liliaplanet.com/
- 44 http://ladio.ru/flash/en/index.html
- 45 http://ladio.ru/flash/en/index.html
- 46 http://saizenmedia.com/keepersgame/
- 47 http://saizenmedia.com/keepersgame/
- 48 #
- 49 #
- 50 http://www.crazygames.com/game/get-the-glass
- 51 http://www.crazygames.com/game/get-the-glass
- 52 http://www.2kgames.com/bioshock/ps3/us/launch.html
- 53 http://www.2kgames.com/bioshock/ps3/us/launch.html
- 54 http://www.leventhumps.com/
- 55 http://www.leventhumps.com/
- 56 http://www.bebiko.com.pl/#/home
- 57 http://www.bebiko.com.pl/#/home
- 58 #
- 59 #
- 60 http://www.theologos.gr/
- 61 http://www.theologos.gr/
- 62 http://www.pirogov.ru/
- 63 http://www.pirogov.ru/
- 64 http://www.patagonia.com/web/eu/tinshed/index.jsp?slc=en_GB&sct=PT&&ln=241
- 65 http://www.patagonia.com/web/eu/tinshed/index.jsp?slc=en_GB&sct=PT&&ln=241
- 66 http://www.scifi.com/tinman/oz/
- 67 http://www.scifi.com/tinman/oz/
- 68 http://www.zunejourney.net/
- 69 http://www.zunejourney.net/
- 70 #
- 71 #
- 72 http://ge.ecomagination.com/smartgrid/#/landing_page
- 73 http://ge.ecomagination.com/smartgrid/#/landing_page
- 74 #
- 75 #