Adobe Illustrator is one of the best applications for making graphic artwork like logos, print designs and Web pages. As time goes on, more and more Illustrator techniques are introduced by talented designers and artists in the industry who achieve some of the best results on the Web. One hot trend nowadays is 3D effects. So, we’ve gathered together some 3D tutorials to give you an idea of what Adobe Illustrator offers and how to use its 3D features. This list mixes tutorials for beginners and experts.
Here then is our round-up of 50 Excellent Adobe Illustrator Tutorials for 3D artwork. You’ll learn a lot of techniques and good practices.
You may also be interested in the following related posts:
Adobe Illustrator 3D Tutorials Link
Let’s Make a Playful Yet Robust 3D Letter Design9
This tutorial is perfect for the near beginner who wants to take their skills to the next level. You will create 3D text and use depth of field to enhance a design.
How to Create an Open Book with Illustrator’s 3D Extrude & Bevel Tool15
In this tutorial, you’ll learn how to create an open book mostly using Illustrator’s 3D Extrude and Bevel Tool. You’ll create open pages with graphics and then add a wavy background.
3-D Blue LCD Alarm Clock17
Create a 3D neon-blue digital LCD clock in Illustrator, with a final step in Photoshop. This tutorial covers the Illustrator portion. Some skills you’ll learn here are creating perspective, blending and adding gloss.
Make 3D Yet Flat-Looking Shopping Basket Icons23
Learn how to create a custom shopping-basket icon for your next Web design project. You’ll need a solid understanding of Adobe Illustrator’s tools to complete this tutorial.
How to Make a Vector Military Cap Icon25
This tutorial shows the intermediate-to-advanced Adobe Illustrator artist how to make a realistic military-style cap icon using mainly gradients, blends and the Gradient Mesh tool.
Rendering a 2-D Spark Plug Diagram from 3D Components in Illustrator27
This tutorial takes you through building a 3D spark plug from multiple components and then expanding the image into a 2-D vector diagram.
Create and Color an Eco Easter Egg in Adobe Illustrator37
In this tutorial, you will learn how to create an “eco”-colored egg for Easter. It is eco because no artificial colorants are used.
How to Make Realistic Skate Wheels in Illustrator44
In this tutorial, you’ll create a set of realistic skateboard wheels and map the wheels using the 3D Revolve tool in Illustrator. You will also learn some cool tricks to add finishing touches.
Create a Vibrant 3D Pixel Type Treatment48
This tutorial shows you how to give fonts a 3D pixelated look. Using a free font, gradients and Illustrator’s 3D filter, you will easily create a type treatment that you can apply to many other fonts.
Create a Can of Beans by Mapping Vectors to a 3D Object50
Learn how to create a can of beans, built entirely from vectors, using the Symbols palette, the Extrude tool and Illustrator’s image mapping.
Working with 3D Objects and Transparencies to Make a Vector Cola Bottle Design52
A tutorial that discusses how Illustrator deals with transparency in 3D objects. Learn how to create a plastic cola bottle.
Create a 3D Pushpin and a Paper Note in Illustrator64
A tutorial on creating a 3D pushpin with the 3D Revolve tool. You will also learn how to apply highlights and create shadows for a more realistic effect, and add a paper note.
Creating Omspace 3D cylinder graphic in Illustrator66
In this tutorial, you will create good-looking 3D cylinders and symbols.
Design a Business Report Cover68
Build a classic design layout quickly using Adobe Illustrator. Throughout this tutorial, you’ll use the 3D tool to make a set of business buildings, and then add motion lines.
How to Make a Delicious Vector Orange in 9 Decisive Steps76
Create a semi-realistic vector orange with simple shapes and tools and multiple effects.
Craft a Delicious Chinese Food Icon78
This tutorial demonstrates how to craft a delicious Chinese food icon set, along with numerous vector Illustration techniques. You’ll need a strong command of Adobe Illustrator’s tools for this one.
Use the power of Illustrator to Create Cool 3D Infographics86
Translate abstract data into an easy-to-understand 3D illustration with these tips.
Related Posts Link
You may be interested in the following related posts:
- 1 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2007/02/03/adobe-illustrator-tutorials/
- 2 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2008/02/05/illustrator-tutorials-best-of/
- 3 http://vector.tutsplus.com/tutorials/tools-tips/how-to-create-funky-3d-springs-in-illustrator/
- 4 http://vector.tutsplus.com/tutorials/tools-tips/how-to-create-funky-3d-springs-in-illustrator/
- 5 http://mosquitosplace.com/2008/10/disco-ball-tutorial/
- 6 http://mosquitosplace.com/2008/10/disco-ball-tutorial/
- 7 http://design.tutsplus.com/tutorials/design-gift-boxes-using-illustrators-3d-tools--vector-55
- 8 http://design.tutsplus.com/tutorials/design-gift-boxes-using-illustrators-3d-tools--vector-55/
- 9 http://vector.tutsplus.com/tutorials/illustration/lets-make-a-playful-yet-robust-3d-letter-design/
- 10 http://vector.tutsplus.com/tutorials/illustration/lets-make-a-playful-yet-robust-3d-letter-design/
- 11 http://ndesign-studio.com/tutorials/3d-fruit-bowl
- 12 http://ndesign-studio.com/tutorials/3d-fruit-bowl
- 13 http://transfuchsian.blogspot.com/2009/04/illustrator-vector-3d-lighting-text.html
- 14 http://transfuchsian.blogspot.com/2009/04/illustrator-vector-3d-lighting-text.html
- 15 http://design.tutsplus.com/tutorials/how-to-create-an-open-book-with-illustrators-3d-extrude-bevel-tool--vector-225
- 16 http://design.tutsplus.com/tutorials/how-to-create-an-open-book-with-illustrators-3d-extrude-bevel-tool--vector-225
- 17 http://www.slicktutorials.com/3d-lcd-alarm-clock
- 18 http://www.slicktutorials.com/3d-lcd-alarm-clock
- 19 http://vector.tutsplus.com/tutorials/illustration/create-an-milk-bottle-with-a-funny-cow-label/
- 20 http://vector.tutsplus.com/tutorials/illustration/create-an-milk-bottle-with-a-funny-cow-label/
- 21 http://mediadesigner.digitalmedianet.com/articles/viewarticle.jsp?id=31554
- 22 http://mediadesigner.digitalmedianet.com/articles/viewarticle.jsp?id=31554
- 23 http://vector.tutsplus.com/tutorials/illustration/make-3d-yet-flat-looking-shopping-basket-icons/
- 24 http://vector.tutsplus.com/tutorials/illustration/make-3d-yet-flat-looking-shopping-basket-icons/
- 25 http://vector.tutsplus.com/tutorials/illustration/how-to-make-a-vector-military-cap-icon/
- 26 http://vector.tutsplus.com/tutorials/illustration/how-to-make-a-vector-military-cap-icon/
- 27 http://vector.tutsplus.com/tutorials/illustration/rendering-a-2d-spark-plug-diagram-from-3d-components-in-illustrator/
- 28 http://vector.tutsplus.com/tutorials/illustration/rendering-a-2d-spark-plug-diagram-from-3d-components-in-illustrator/
- 29 http://vector.tutsplus.com/tutorials/illustration/create-a-checkered-3d-chess-figure-scene/
- 30 http://vector.tutsplus.com/tutorials/illustration/create-a-checkered-3d-chess-figure-scene/
- 31 http://www.ndesign-studio.com/resources/tutorials/3d-graphs/
- 32 http://www.ndesign-studio.com/resources/tutorials/3d-graphs/
- 33 http://www.jacorre.com/design/3dflowerpot.htm
- 34 http://www.jacorre.com/design/3dflowerpot.htm
- 35 http://vector.tutsplus.com/tutorials/illustration/make-a-handy-3d-vector-calendar-icon/
- 36 http://vector.tutsplus.com/tutorials/illustration/make-a-handy-3d-vector-calendar-icon/
- 37 http://pehaa.com/2009/04/tutorial-create-and-color-an-ai-eco-easter-egg/
- 38 http://pehaa.com/2009/04/tutorial-create-and-color-an-ai-eco-easter-egg/
- 39 http://www.bittbox.com/illustrator/illustrator-using-swift-as-a-powerful-3d-illustration-tool/
- 40 http://www.erain.com/products/Swift3D/
- 41 http://www.bittbox.com/illustrator/illustrator-using-swift-as-a-powerful-3d-illustration-tool/
- 42 http://www.blog.spoongraphics.co.uk/tutorials/create-a-rotatable-globe-in-adobe-illustrator
- 43 http://www.blog.spoongraphics.co.uk/tutorials/create-a-rotatable-globe-in-adobe-illustrator
- 44 http://vector.tutsplus.com/tutorials/designing/how-to-make-realistic-skate-wheels-in-illustrator/
- 45 http://vector.tutsplus.com/tutorials/designing/how-to-make-realistic-skate-wheels-in-illustrator/
- 46 http://mosquitosplace.com/2008/10/glossy-dice-tutorial/#more-270
- 47 http://mosquitosplace.com/2008/10/glossy-dice-tutorial/#more-270
- 48 http://design.tutsplus.com/tutorials/create-a-vibrant-3d-pixel-type-treatment--vector-363
- 49 http://design.tutsplus.com/tutorials/create-a-vibrant-3d-pixel-type-treatment--vector-363
- 50 http://design.tutsplus.com/tutorials/create-a-can-of-beans-by-mapping-vectors-to-a-3d-object--vector-29
- 51 http://design.tutsplus.com/tutorials/create-a-can-of-beans-by-mapping-vectors-to-a-3d-object--vector-29
- 52 http://design.tutsplus.com/tutorials/working-with-3d-objects-and-transparencies-to-make-a-vector-cola-bottle-design--vector-100
- 53 http://design.tutsplus.com/tutorials/working-with-3d-objects-and-transparencies-to-make-a-vector-cola-bottle-design--vector-100
- 54 http://www.ndesign-studio.com/resources/tutorials/3d-logo/
- 55 http://www.ndesign-studio.com/resources/tutorials/3d-logo/
- 56 http://www.getw3help.com/2008/05/3d-hammer-using-illustrator.html
- 57 http://www.getw3help.com/2008/05/3d-hammer-using-illustrator.html
- 58 http://www.voidix.com/illustrator_draw_vase.html
- 59 http://www.voidix.com/illustrator_draw_vase.html
- 60 http://design.tutsplus.com/tutorials/turn-a-boring-bar-graph-into-a-3d-masterpiece--vector-537
- 61 http://design.tutsplus.com/tutorials/turn-a-boring-bar-graph-into-a-3d-masterpiece--vector-537
- 62 http://www.illustratorworld.com/tutorial/3D1/
- 63 http://www.illustratorworld.com/tutorial/3D1/
- 64 http://design.tutsplus.com/tutorials/create-a-3d-push-pin-and-a-paper-note-in-illustrator--vector-44
- 65 http://design.tutsplus.com/tutorials/create-a-3d-push-pin-and-a-paper-note-in-illustrator--vector-44
- 66 http://www.jay-han.com/2008/06/03/creating-omspace-3d-cylinder-graphic-in-illustrator/
- 67 http://www.jay-han.com/2008/06/03/creating-omspace-3d-cylinder-graphic-in-illustrator/
- 68 http://aiburn.com/article/design_a_business_report_cover
- 69 http://aiburn.com/article/design_a_business_report_cover
- 70 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSHB2GbPry4
- 71 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSHB2GbPry4
- 72 http://www.jacorre.com/design/3dpill.htm
- 73 http://www.jacorre.com/design/3dpill.htm
- 74 http://www.gomediazine.com/tutorials/create-dream-design-3d-typography/
- 75 http://www.gomediazine.com/tutorials/create-dream-design-3d-typography/
- 76 http://vector.tutsplus.com/tutorials/illustration/how-to-make-a-delicious-vector-orange-in-9-decisive-steps/
- 77 http://vector.tutsplus.com/tutorials/illustration/how-to-make-a-delicious-vector-orange-in-9-decisive-steps/
- 78 http://vector.tutsplus.com/tutorials/illustration/craft-a-delicious-chinese-food-icon/
- 79 http://vector.tutsplus.com/tutorials/illustration/craft-a-delicious-chinese-food-icon/
- 80 http://www.digitalartsonline.co.uk/tutorials/index.cfm?featureid=1769&pn=1
- 81 http://www.digitalartsonline.co.uk/tutorials/index.cfm?featureid=1769&pn=1
- 82 http://www.layersmagazine.com/adobe-illustrator-in-3d.html
- 83 http://www.layersmagazine.com/adobe-illustrator-in-3d.html
- 84 http://www.monofactor.com/3d-isometric-vector-icon-tutorial/3/
- 85 http://www.monofactor.com/3d-isometric-vector-icon-tutorial/3/
- 86 http://www.digitalartsonline.co.uk/tutorials/index.cfm?FeatureID=1823&pn=1
- 87 http://www.digitalartsonline.co.uk/tutorials/index.cfm?FeatureID=1823&pn=1
- 88 http://www.slicktutorials.com/chess-board-and-pieces
- 89 http://www.slicktutorials.com/chess-board-and-pieces
- 90 http://vector.tutsplus.com/tutorials/illustration/how-to-create-sheet-rolls-with-custom-spirals/
- 91 http://vector.tutsplus.com/tutorials/illustration/how-to-create-sheet-rolls-with-custom-spirals/
- 92 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2007/02/03/adobe-illustrator-tutorials/
- 93 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2008/02/05/illustrator-tutorials-best-of/
Hold on, Tiger! Thank you for reading the article. Did you know that we also publish printed books and run friendly conferences – crafted for pros like you? Like SmashingConf Barcelona, on October 25–26, with smart design patterns and front-end techniques.