Almost everyone out there who runs a website has toyed with the idea of selling ads on their website. So many options are available. Dozens of ad and affiliate networks exist, and you have different ad formats to consider. Should you sell text ads or banner ads? Should you allow Flash ads? What about ads with sound, pop-ups or floating ads? People have so many decisions to make that they often just end up slapping on some AdSense code and calling it a day. And that’s fine.
But you have a ton of other options for displaying ads on your website, from using other ad networks to selling and managing banner ads yourself. There are plug-ins for virtually every CMS and blogging platform out there that allow you to rotate banner ads or insert blocks of ad code.
This post is a collection of ad management plug-ins for WordPress, Movable Type, Drupal and Joomla! to get your started. At the end are a few tutorials for creating your own banner ad rotation scripts in PHP and ASP (so that even if a plug-in is not available for your CMS of choice, you’ll likely be able to build your own).
1. Plug-Ins For WordPress Link
Ads For Old Posts
This plug-in automatically inserts an ad block in your posts once they’re past a certain age.
An ad manager that focuses on maximising your revenue, saving you time, and keeping you in complete control of your ad space. The php-script can be used to sell and serve ads and it is also available as a ready-to-be-used WordPress plugin.
Clickbank Hop Ad Plug-In for WordPress
Lets you add Clickbank ads to your website through a configurable widget.
2. Plug-Ins For Joomla! Link
Lets you insert any type of ad in your website’s articles.
Text Link Ads Module
An easy-to-use plug-in that handles all the technical aspects of managing Text Link Ads.
3. Plug-Ins For Drupal Link
4. Plug-Ins For Movable Type Link
5. Ad Management Tutorials And Articles Link
Which Ad Manager Plug-In Makes Managing Ads Easiest?42
This article provides a great comparison of ad management plug-ins for WordPress, listing the pros and cons of each.
How to Set Up Google Ad Manager on Your Blog/Website45
Comprehensive overview and set-up instructions for using Google Ad Manager on your website or blog.
Another PHP tutorial on showing rotating banner ads on your website. This one stores information about the ads and the views that each ad gets in a MySQL database.
Related posts Link
- 100% Google AdSense: Tools, Tips and Resources491
- Online Advertising And Its Impact On Web Design50
- Optimizing Conversion Rates: Less Effort, More Customers51
- Optimizing Conversion Rates: It’s All About Usability52
- Use Conversions To Generate More Conversions53
- 1 /2009/03/19/100-google-adsense-tools-tips-and-resources/
- 2 http://planetozh.com/blog/my-projects/wordpress-plugin-who-sees-ads-control-adsense-display/
- 3 http://planetozh.com/blog/my-projects/wordpress-plugin-who-sees-ads-control-adsense-display/
- 4 http://meandmymac.net/plugins/adrotate/
- 5 http://meandmymac.net/plugins/adrotate/
- 6 http://www.oiopublisher.com/
- 7 http://drupal.org/project/openx_manager
- 8 http://drupal.org/project/openx_manager
- 9 http://www.webmaster-source.com/wp125-ad-plugin-wordpress/
- 10 http://www.linewbie.com/wordpress-plugins/all-in-one-adsense-and-ypn
- 11 http://www.forgani.com/tools/wpclassified-plugins/
- 12 http://www.naden.de/blog/omniads#english
- 13 http://www.naden.de/blog/omniads#english
- 14 http://www.johnkolbert.com/portfolio/wp-plugins/smart-ads/
- 15 http://www.awpcp.com
- 16 http://www.awpcp.com/
- 17 http://www.maiq.info/work/wordpress/adsense-revenue-sharing/
- 18 http://www.maiq.info/work/wordpress/adsense-revenue-sharing/
- 19 http://bibuweb.de/?cat=3
- 20 http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/random-ads/
- 21 http://anylookup.com/adsense-and-ypn-inserter
- 22 http://yopensource.com/en/joomla-extensions/14-ads-and-affiliates/20-yos-ads-with-popin-and-inject-features
- 23 http://www.phoca.cz/phoca-googleadsense/
- 24 http://www.phoca.cz/phoca-googleadsense/
- 25 http://www.templateplazza.com/free-joomla-extensions/page-peel-banner-a-candy-joomla-ads-module.html
- 26 http://vivociti.com/component/option,com_remository/Itemid,40/func,fileinfo/id,67/
- 27 http://www.thetricky.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=44&Itemid=338
- 28 http://drupal.org/project/ad
- 29 http://drupal.org/project/ad
- 30 http://drupal.org/project/ad_flash
- 31 http://drupal.org/project/affiliate
- 32 http://drupal.org/project/ed_classified
- 33 http://drupal.org/project/click
- 34 http://drupal.org/project/pay2publish
- 35 http://drupal.org/project/pay2publish
- 36 http://drupal.org/project/rotor
- 37 http://drupal.org/project/slidebox
- 38 http://drupal.org/project/simplead_block
- 39 http://drupal.org/project/simplead_block
- 40 http://www.majordojo.com/projects/movable-type/page-layout/
- 41 http://www.majordojo.com/projects/movable-type/page-layout/
- 42 http://www.problogdesign.com/wordpress/which-ad-manager-plugin-makes-managing-ads-easiest/
- 43 http://www.blogtalks.net/selling-and-managing-ads.php
- 44 http://www.wolf-howl.com/22/integrate-advertising-blog/
- 45 http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/how-to-setup-google-ad-manager-on-your-blogwebsite/
- 46 http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/how-to-setup-google-ad-manager-on-your-blogwebsite/
- 47 http://www.4guysfromrolla.com/webtech/091299-1.shtml
- 48 http://www.15seconds.com/issue/980220.htm
- 49 /2009/03/19/100-google-adsense-tools-tips-and-resources/
- 50 /2008/12/03/online-advertising-and-its-impact-on-web-design/
- 51 /2009/05/05/optimizing-improvig-conversion-rates-less-effort-more-customers/
- 52 /2009/05/15/optimizing-conversion-rates-its-all-about-usability/
- 53 /2009/05/23/optimizing-conversion-rates-less-effort-more-customers/
Hold on, Tiger! Thank you for reading the article. Did you know that we also publish printed books and run friendly conferences – crafted for pros like you? Like SmashingConf Barcelona, on October 25–26, with smart design patterns and front-end techniques.