A word about MooTools Link
Starting points Link
MooTools for the non-programmer
A three part series of tutorials about MooTools targeted at non-programmers:
- Part 1
- Part 2
- Part 3
A wiki-based walk through MooTools intended to introducing the library.
A collection of tutorials to guide MooTools’ newcomers.
Select and create elements
Tutorial on how to select specific elements as well as how to create and insert new elements on the page.
30 days of MooTools
A series of tutorials about key features in MooTools. (It is still incomplete – it currently has 23 tutorials)
- Intro to the Library
- Intro to Using Arrays
- Event Handling
- Manipulating HTML
- Set and Get Style Properties
- Input Filtering Part I – Numbers
- Input Filtering Part II – Strings
- Using FX.Tween
- Using Fx.Morph, Fx Options and Fx Events
- Drag and Drop using Drag.Move
- Regular Expressions
- Periodical and Intro to Hashes
- Sortables and Intro to Methods
- Classes part I
- A Few Mootools Tabs
- Classes part II
Simulate Flash horizontal navigation
Tutorial on how to create a horizontal navigation web site.
Saving a sortalbe nested list
A tutorial with a full implementation of a sortable nested list, from MooTools to MySQL.
CSS sprites with MooTools
A MooTools version of an article published on A List Apart about CSS sprites using jQuery.
Fixing sIFR printing with CSS and MooTools21
The use of sIRF can help you achieve the typography you want on the screen, but there may be problems when the user tries to print the page. This article shows how to work around that.
Advanced Topics Link
The Dollar Safe Mode22
Set style per media26
Creating a custom “:selected” pseudo-class in MooTools27
How to create your own pseudo-class selector in MooTools.
The Singleton class mutator
A tutorial that shows how to write a class mutator that implements the singleton design pattern. A class mutator is a macro-like method/idiom to be used inside a class definition
Binds class mutator
A mutator that binds a method to the instance of a class so that it can be accessed thorough the ‘this’ keyword even in the class definition.
A full-fledged image cropping/resizing/rotating plugin.
A widget bar that manages a wide variety of social bookmarking and social network content sharing systems.
It creates a container div that allows users to scroll through a containing image. Its intended use case if to horizontally scroll through a panorama image.
A Slider plugin that supports both vertical and horizontal bars that can be freely dragged or snap to predefined steps.
Sort and filter tables.
A data visualisation plugin that explores the possibilities of the canvas element.
A horizontal menu that reveals more of the image as you rollover it.
Generates a sliding sidebar menu.
Allows you to include fancy transitions in CSS based hover menus.
Layout and Style Link
A color picker utility.
Creates round corners on divs on the fly.
A class that allows you to dynamically organise content into multiple columns.
A MooTools class that allows the customisation of how the scrollbar looks on scrollable divs.
Toolstips that can have html or plain text content loaded with Ajax or inline.
Form Usability Link
This plugin allows you to define a groups of validation rules to be applied to forms.
A simple form validation plugin.
A simple and elegant slideshow plugin.
MooTabs – Tiny tab class for MooTools
A small plugin that helps in the creation of tabbed navigation through elements that can be retrieved via ajax.
Ajax login form
A very simple ajax-based login form.
Provides classes to work with loading content via ajax and displaying results in the current page. It also provides a history class that manages the history of the loading area.
Content Overlay Link
A port of the Lightbox plugin that handles a collection of images in a overlay.
An overlaying plugin that supports images, flash, video, mp3s and html.
It packs a banner or image slider with an overlay image display effect that resembles Lightbox.
Shows an overlay window at the bottom or at the top of the page with a variety of options.
Plugin Collections Link
A large collections of plugins from the Clientcide blog.
Rich user interfaces Link
Text editor extensions Link
Plugins for Coda Link
- MooTools mode for Coda56
- MooDocs Coda plugin57 A plugin for Coda that generates MooTools docs for you classes.
Plugins for TextMate Link
- MooTools bundle for TextMate (You must have Subversion)
- MooDocs for TextMate A port of the MooDocs for Coda.
- 1 http://www.mootools.net/docs/
- 2 http://jqueryvsmootools.com/
- 3 http://mootools.net/blog/2008/02/05/mootools-classes-how-to-use-them/
- 4 http://mootools.net/blog/2007/10/31/mootools-foundations-natives-and-elements/
- 5 http://davidwalsh.name/facebook-modal-mootools
- 6 http://davidwalsh.name/custom-missing-image
- 7 http://davidwalsh.name/email-image-error-mootools
- 8 http://davidwalsh.name/skype-mootools
- 9 http://davidwalsh.name/mootools-flashlight
- 10 http://davidwalsh.name/snook-navigation-mootools
- 11 http://davidwalsh.name/ajax-mootools-fx-explode
- 12 http://davidwalsh.name/mootools-font-size-scroller-cookie-save
- 13 http://davidwalsh.name/track-ajax-link-clicks-google-analytics
- 14 http://davidwalsh.name/periodical-ajax-requests-mootools-12
- 15 http://devthought.com/tumble/2009/04/determine-if-caps-lock-is-on-with-mootools/
- 17 http://sixrevisions.com/tutorials/mootools-tutorials/how-to-auto-caption-images-using-mootools/
- 18 http://blog.kassens.net/toelement-method
- 19 http://blog.kassens.net/outerclick-event
- 20 http://mootools.net/blog/2008/02/12/whats-new-in-12-swiff/
- 21 http://davidwalsh.name/sifr-print-css-mootools
- 22 http://mootools.net/blog/2009/06/22/the-dollar-safe-mode/
- 23 http://davidwalsh.name/mootools-custom-event
- 24 http://mootools.net/blog/2008/01/22/whats-new-in-12-element-storage/
- 25 http://www.daniel-skinner.co.uk/chaining-with-mootools-12-tutorial/31/01/2008
- 26 http://davidwalsh.name/mootools-style-media
- 27 http://davidwalsh.name/create-custom-pseudo-selector-mootools-selected
- 28 http://www.nwhite.net/2008/10/06/mouse-ghost/
- 29 http://www.clientcide.com/best-practices/5-advanced-techniques-for-mootools-development/
- 30 http://devthought.com/blog/client-side/2009/03/dont-repeat-your-moo/
- 31 http://www.nwhite.net/2008/10/10/private-methods-with-mootools-update2/
- 32 http://davidwalsh.name/smooth-scroll-mootools
- 33 http://dansnetwork.com/mootools/events-calendar/
- 34 http://neofreeman.freepgs.com/Moousture/
- 35 http://dev.justinmaier.com/inlineEdit/
- 36 http://www.outcut.de/MooFlow/example-skin.html
- 37 http://www.hotajax.org/content/view/491/420/
- 38 http://www.digitalia.be/software/reflectionjs-for-mootools
- 39 http://icebeat.bitacoras.com/mootools/growl/
- 40 http://www.hotajax.org/content/view/213/420/
- 41 http://www.electricprism.com/aeron/calendar/
- 42 http://www.nogray.com/time_picker.php
- 43 http://www.wollzelle.com/os/multiple-select-widget/
- 44 http://www.hotajax.org/mootools/accordions-menu-form/574-html-form-tips-using-mootools.html
- 45 http://theuiguy.blogspot.com/2008/09/ultimate-dropdowns-v10.html
- 46 http://www.electricprism.com/aeron/slideshow/
- 47 http://digitarald.de/project/fancyupload/
- 48 http://davidwalsh.name/mootools-dotter
- 49 http://iaian7.com/webcode/mediaboxAdvanced
- 50 http://digitarald.de/playground/remooz.html
- 51 http://www.moord.it/
- 52 http://meteora.astrata.com.mx/
- 53 http://mochaui.com/
- 54 http://jxlib.org/
- 55 http://og5.net/christoph/article/MooTools_based_FileManager
- 56 http://pradador.com/code/coda/moomode.html
- 57 http://pradador.com/code/coda/moodocs.html
Hold on, Tiger! Thank you for reading the article. Did you know that we also publish printed books and run friendly conferences – crafted for pros like you? Like SmashingConf Barcelona, on October 25–26, with smart design patterns and front-end techniques.