The time has come for the first showcase of music night club websites here on Smashing Magazine. We’ve scanned the Web up and down to find the most original and interesting online club identities. As usual, we have Flash websites and CSS eye candy. Please notice that the aim of the post was to showcase current web designs of music night clubs, so the gallery doesn’t necessarily showcase most usable or most beautiful night club web designs out there.
As we observed in the early Showcase of Fresh and Well-Designed Online Shops1, the most obvious trend is the use of big bold pictures, either as backgrounds, headers or just side graphic elements thrown in the design mix. Most of them start playing music automatically (which is extremely annoying from the usability point of view), but in this case it’s not weird or off-putting because they are music club websites after all.
Another trend is the use of bright, vivid colors and intense color schemes, borrowed from the clubs themselves. Also, Flash clearly dominates in such web-sites, presenting some very unconventional navigation menus and very distinctive layouts that aren’t intuitive at all at the first glance.
Please feel free to use the comments area to suggest other club websites that you like.
Showcase Of Music Night Club Web Designs Link
Bar Music Hall
At first glance, this looks like a horizontal navigation-based website, but a closer look reveals that the only horizontal thing that moves is the header. A nice original way to keep it simple yet effective.
This one may be the only WordPress website in this roundup. A cool and efficient three-column theme. As visually random as the club itself.
Very illustration-oriented, the Cube’s website must be the coolest entry by far for a CSS fan.
Also known as Espy, the Esplanade Hotel is one of the coolest live music venues in Melbourne and has a mesmerizing Flash website, with strong black and white graphics and beautifully crafted animations. I really like the cloud pre-loader.
Cool flashy menu, and a good overall experience.
We Love Music
Great color scheme and some goofy illustration make for a simple but pleasant virtual trip to Ibiza.
Here we have cool Reservoir Dogs-like characters for menu items. The colored bubbles in the back are a great choice for this.
Not really a club, but one of the biggest club-related achievements of the last years, Awdio is a jukebox that plays live music from the best clubs in the world. The layout is built around a Flash-based player that features various “stations” (live music venues).
- 1 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2009/09/05/showcase-of-fresh-and-well-designed-online-shops/
- 2 http://www.anzuclub.com/
- 3 http://www.anzuclub.com/
- 4 http://www.sassvienna.com/
- 5 http://www.sassvienna.com/
- 6 http://www.luxfragil.com/
- 7 http://www.luxfragil.com/
- 8 http://www.matterlondon.com/
- 9 http://www.matterlondon.com/
- 10 http://www.tbarlondon.com/tag/swayzak/
- 11 http://www.tbarlondon.com/tag/swayzak/
- 12 http://www.silo.be/#
- 13 http://www.silo.be/#
- 14 http://blondie-bcn.com/
- 15 http://blondie-bcn.com/
- 16 http://www.sugarfactory.nl
- 17 http://www.sugarfactory.nl
- 18 http://www.subclub.co.uk/
- 19 http://www.subclub.co.uk/
- 20 http://www.macarenaclub.com/
- 21 http://www.macarenaclub.com/
- 22 http://www.week-end-berlin.de/events/roof/
- 23 http://www.week-end-berlin.de/events/roof/
- 24 http://theesplanadehotel.com.au
- 25 http://theesplanadehotel.com.au
- 26 http://www.michelbergerhotel.com
- 27 http://www.michelbergerhotel.com
- 28 http://www.trouwamsterdam.nl/en/
- 29 http://www.trouwamsterdam.nl/en/
- 30 http://www.paradiso.nl/web/show
- 31 http://www.paradiso.nl/web/show
- 32 http://dice-club.de/
- 33 http://dice-club.de/
- 34 http://www.baalsaal.com/
- 35 http://www.baalsaal.com/
- 36 http://www.flex.at/flex_frontend/
- 37 http://www.flex.at/flex_frontend/
- 38 http://betanightclub.com/
- 39 http://betanightclub.com/
- 40 http://www.watt-rotterdam.nl/
- 41 http://www.watt-rotterdam.nl/
- 42 http://www.barracamusic.com/
- 43 http://www.barracamusic.com/
- 44 http://www.pacha.com/
- 45 http://www.pacha.com/
- 46 http://byblos.hr/
- 47 http://byblos.hr/
- 48 http://www.legeneral.ro/
- 49 http://www.legeneral.ro/
- 50 http://www.smartbarchicago.com/
- 51 http://www.smartbarchicago.com/
- 52 http://www.clubdisco.com.br/
- 53 http://www.clubdisco.com.br/
- 54 http://www.bourbonstreet.com.br/
- 55 http://www.bourbonstreet.com.br/
- 56 http://www.ministryofsound.com
- 57 http://www.ministryofsound.com
- 58 http://awdio.com/
- 59 http://awdio.com/
Hold on, Tiger! Thank you for reading the article. Did you know that we also publish printed books and run friendly conferences – crafted for pros like you? Like SmashingConf New York, on June 14–15, with smart design patterns and front-end techniques.