This is the fifth edition of Wallpaper of the Week here at Design Informer. This week’s wallpaper is entitled Desire and Disparity. The wallpaper was designed by an up-and-coming designer from Sweden, Tobias Ahlin.1 This is a personal wallpaper exploring extreme contrasts with colors and feelings.
Desire and Disparity Link
Wallpaper Resolutions: Link
Production & Process Link
This is what Tobias had to say about the creation of the wallpaper.
After deciding on the concept, I made a rough sketch in Photoshop to base the composition on. The hunt for photos of hands began, and after collecting quite a few I cut them out and placed them into the composition. The fire was created mainly by warping pictures of flames into the shapes I desired. A 3D heart stock by Shoofly-stock was brought in and manipulated to create the heart.
I used Apophysis to create abstract renders which I used to create motion and texture in the background. Pixelmator was used to create some final touches, which was brought back into Photoshop for final composite.
Quick Summary Link
- Estimated time: 20 hours
- Client: Self-initiated
- Tools: Wacom, Photoshop, Apophysis, Pixelmator
- 1 http://tobiasahlin.com/
- 2 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/wallpaper/desire-disparity/1920x1200.jpg
- 3 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/wallpaper/desire-disparity/1680x1050.jpg
- 4 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/wallpaper/desire-disparity/1440x900.jpg
- 5 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/wallpaper/desire-disparity/1280x1024.jpg
- 6 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/wallpaper/desire-disparity/1280x800.jpg
- 7 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/wallpaper/desire-disparity/1024x768.jpg
- 8 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/wallpaper/desire-disparity/iphone.jpg
- 9 http://feeds.feedburner.com/design-informer
Hold on tiger! Thank you for reading the article. Did you know that we also publish printed books and run friendly conferences – crafted for pros like you? Like SmashingConf Oxford, on March 15—16, with smart design patterns and front-end techniques.