This is the seventh edition of Wallpaper of the Week here at Design Informer. The wallpaper for this week is entitled Love Color. I designed this wallpaper about 3 months ago for my personal use. I was trying to do something creative with a quote by John Ruskin and decided to make a wallpaper that exhibited a lot of color.
Love Color Link
Wallpaper Resolutions: Link
Production & Process Link
"The purest and most thoughtful minds are those which love color the most."
I found this quote interesting so I decided that it would make for a good wallpaper. I quickly opened up Adobe Photoshop and got to work. I started with some wavy shapes that I colored purple. I decided to duplicate this shape into different layers and I painfully rotated them into place to fill the entire canvas. I also changed the colors on some of the layers. For the text, I decided to use Rockwell as the main font.
I really like the kinetic typography8 style so I decided to layout the text based on that style. I was pleased with the final result and this wallpaper actually stayed as my desktop wallpaper for over 3 weeks.
Quick Summary Link
- Estimated time: 1.5 hours
- Font: Rockwell
- Tools: Adobe Photoshop
- Total Layers Used: 72
- 1 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/wallpaper/love-color/1920x1200.jpg
- 2 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/wallpaper/love-color/1680x1050.jpg
- 3 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/wallpaper/love-color/1440x900.jpg
- 4 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/wallpaper/love-color/1280x1024.jpg
- 5 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/wallpaper/love-color/1280x800.jpg
- 6 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/wallpaper/love-color/1024x768.jpg
- 7 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/wallpaper/love-color/iphone.jpg
- 8 http://www.webdesignerdepot.com/2009/07/18-creative-examples-of-typography-in-motion/
- 9 http://feeds.feedburner.com/design-informer
Hold on, Tiger! Thank you for reading the article. Did you know that we also publish printed books and run friendly conferences – crafted for pros like you? Like SmashingConf New York, on June 14–15, with smart design patterns and front-end techniques.