This is the sixth edition of Wallpaper of the Week here at Design Informer. This week’s wallpaper is entitled Solid. The wallpaper was designed by none other than myself. This is a personal wallpaper that I experimented with about two months ago. It’s perfect for those who want a simple and dark wallpaper for their desktop.
Wallpaper Resolutions: Link
Production & Process Link
sol⋅id – [sol-id]
Having three dimensions (length, breadth, and thickness), as a geometrical body or figure. Of or pertaining to bodies or figures of three dimensions.
A couple of months ago, I decided that I wanted to become a better designer. I then came to the conclusion that in order to do so, I would need some practice. I decided to design a wallpaper everyday for one month. This is one of the wallpapers that I made.
The initial concept was to just use Gotham, one of my favorite fonts, into the design. I wanted to create a wallpaper with the word, "Solid." After trying out different things, I then modified the font quite a bit. I added some texture to the background to add some depth to the wallpaper. One thing led to another and after having a lot of fun with Photoshop, I made a decision that it was time to stop and that the wallpaper was complete.
Quick Summary Link
- Estimated time: 3 hours
- Font: Gotham Bold, but heavily customized
- Tools: Adobe Photoshop
- Total Layers Used: 30
- 1 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/wallpaper/solid/1920x1200.jpg
- 2 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/wallpaper/solid/1680x1050.jpg
- 3 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/wallpaper/solid/1440x900.jpg
- 4 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/wallpaper/solid/1280x1024.jpg
- 5 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/wallpaper/solid/1280x800.jpg
- 6 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/wallpaper/solid/1024x768.jpg
- 7 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/wallpaper/solid/iphone.jpg
- 8 http://feeds.feedburner.com/design-informer
Hold on tiger! Thank you for reading the article. Did you know that we also publish printed books and run friendly conferences – crafted for pros like you? Like SmashingConf Oxford, on March 15—16, with smart design patterns and front-end techniques.