This post was a challenge for all designers to design something daily for the entire 2010. The post actually generated a lot of great response from the design community and there are a lot of people who have decided to make it part of their New Year’s resolution.
Action Speaks Louder than Words Link
"Your walk talks and your talk walks, but your walk talks louder than your talk talks."
In case you don’t understand what that means, it simply is a quote saying that what we practice speaks more to people than what we preach. I knew that when I started this challenge, there were people who were going to be a little skeptical and they were going to see if I participated in my own challenge. Well, I wanted to put my money where my mouth is so on December 31st, I decided to jump in and take on the challenge as well.
I have already started and so far, I have three designs that I have posted. I also decided that it would be a lot easier to have a theme for the blog, so for January, this is my theme: I will design a typography based design based on a quote using one of my favorite fonts. By the way, please feel free to leave a comment and subscribe to the Design Informer Daily365 feed.
Here are the three designs that I have done so far:
A Few More Pointers Link
I just wanted to give everyone a few words of advice regarding the daily designs.
- Use the #daily3653 hashtag so people can see your design.
- Please don’t spam the hashtag with you designs. Please only post your design once. I guess retweeting other people’s designs is okay.
- It would be good if you had some type of comment system where you post your work. That way, if someone wanted to compliment your work or leave some constructive feedback, they can do so.
- If you have some free time, check out the other people’s designs as well and leave feedback. No bashing please! I understand that a lot of beginners are taking the challenge so their design skills might not yet be up to par with yours. As a design community, we should all support each other.
Smashing Ideas and Designs Link
Just two days into the challenge and I have already seen some terrific designs. Here are a few that have already caught my eye and are worth checking out.
Face Meets Wall – Getting Up After Hitting the Creative Wall Link
Subject to Change Link
Did You Accept the Challenge? Link
The above designs are just some designs that I collected in a short time. I’m sure there are a lot more awesome designs out there that I haven’t seen, so if you weren’t included, please don’t get discouraged or offended.
Have you participated in the challenge? Please leave a comment below and leave a link to your blog or where you have your daily design. Try to leave a full comment. If you just attach the link, Akismet might automatically classify you as spam and we might not be able to see your designs.
Thank you for reading this post and participating in the challenge. If you enjoyed this post, please retweet it and give it a bump below. You can also subscribe14 to Design Informer and follow us on Twitter15.
- 1 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2009/12/22/design-something-every-day/
- 2 http://daily365.designinformer.com/
- 3 http://twitter.com/#search?q=%23daily365
- 4 http://oddmotion.tumblr.com/
- 5 http://designitdaily.tumblr.com/
- 6 http://designitdaily.tumblr.com/
- 7 http://www.briansaar.com/
- 8 http://www.briansaar.com/
- 9 http://365logoproject.posterous.com/
- 10 http://365logoproject.posterous.com/
- 11 http://foomandoonian.posterous.com/tag/daily365
- 12 http://foomandoonian.posterous.com/tag/daily365
- 13 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/
- 14 http://feeds.feedburner.com/design-informer
- 15 http://twitter.com/designinformer
Hold on tiger! Thank you for reading the article. Did you know that we also publish printed books and run friendly conferences – crafted for pros like you? Like SmashingConf Oxford, on March 15—16, with smart design patterns and front-end techniques.