It’s time for something brand new and exciting on Smashing Magazine. Actually, we have quite a few things in the works, and today we are happy to reveal one of them. Over the years, we have published many lengthy articles, and now we want to write some shorter ones for a change. We want to launch the Smashing Email Newsletter and we prepared some nice prizes for our subscribers.
Every week our editorial team will work on short, entertaining and (of course) relevant articles for the upcoming issue. The newsletter will be sent out once a week, probably on Tuesdays, and will contain unique tips and tricks for designers and Web developers, written by us exclusively for our email subscribers.
The 10,001 Subscriber Challenge Link
And to make it a bit more interesting, we decided to create a challenge for us and our readers. Here’s the deal: the Smashing Newsletter will be published only if we get at least 10,001 subscribers. (The earliest we would send it out is next Tuesday.) So, it’s up to you to decide whether we should launch the newsletter. And you can help right away: just type in your (valid) email address, confirm the subscription (opt in) and you’re done!
Subscribe to our email newsletter now:
Of course, you can cancel your subscription at any time. The Smashing Newsletter will always be free of charge. We respect your privacy: we will never give your data to third parties, and we will never spam you. You have our word.
Join In To Win One Of Our Prizes! Link
Of course, we knew it wouldn’t be as much fun without an incentive, which is why we are giving away some beautiful gadgets and books to some lucky subscribers. The winners will be announced in the first edition of the newsletter (if we meet the challenge). And here are the prizes:
Wacom Bamboo Fun Pen and Touch (Medium)2
The Wacom Bamboo Fun Pen and Touch is a unique device to harness your creativity. It’s perfect if you want complete control with a pen or finger tap input. It has single- and double-finger functions, supports left- and right-handed use and has an integrated pen holder.
Harman Kardon SoundSticks II Speaker System5
The Harman Kardon SoundSticks II combines performance and an attractive visual design, a combination that always makes our hearts beat a little faster. It’s nearly perfect, save for a few design flaws.
Microsoft Arc Mouse Black7
The Arc Mouse has the comfort of a desktop mouse and the portability of a notebook mouse. It folds to 60% of its fully expanded size for when you’re on the go. Two color options are available to match your style.
Last But Not Least, The Books! Link
- Confessions of a Public Speaker, by Scott Berkum
- Decoding Design, by Maggie Macnab
- The Laws of Simplicity, by John Maeda
- Smashing WordPress, by Thord Daniel Hedengren
- Universal Principles of Design, by William Lidwell, Kritina Holden and Jull Butler
Please participate only once, and spread the word about the challenge to your friends and colleagues. Thanks, and let’s get this rolling, folks!
- 1 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2010/02/24/smashing-newsletter-challenge-and-giveaway/
- 2 http://store.apple.com/us/product/TX437LL/A
- 3 http://store.apple.com/us/product/TX437LL/A
- 4 http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/gaming/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=103
- 5 http://reviews.cnet.com/pc-speakers/soundsticks-ii-3-piece/4505-3179_7-30706630.html
- 6 http://reviews.cnet.com/pc-speakers/soundsticks-ii-3-piece/4505-3179_7-30706630.html
- 7 http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=112
- 8 http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=112
Hold on, Tiger! Thank you for reading the article. Did you know that we also publish printed books and run friendly conferences – crafted for pros like you? Like SmashingConf Barcelona, on October 25–26, with smart design patterns and front-end techniques.