The book contains a selection of our best articles about professional Web design and the business side of web development. It contains 10 already published articles and 2 exclusive, newly written pieces. The book costs only $9.90. This Book is not avaiable anymore. Please visit the Smashing Library for newer eBooks1. [Content Care Dec/17/2016]
This e-book contains a selection of the best articles about professional Web design that have been published on Smashing Magazine in 2009 and 2010. The articles have been carefully edited and prepared for the PDF version; some screenshots and links were removed to make the book easier to read and print out.
This book presents guidelines for professional Web development, including communicating with clients, creating a road map to a successful portfolio, rules for professional networking and tips on designing user interfaces for business Web applications. The book shares expert advice, and it also helps you learn how to respond effectively to design criticism, use storytelling for a better user experience and apply color theory to your professional designs.
Everybody who buys the book supports Smashing Magazine and helps us to keep producing free high quality content. This book is not protected by DRM. It is available exclusively here, in the Smashing Shop. Please respect our work and the hard efforts of our writers. If you received this book from a source other than the Smashing Shop, please support us by purchasing your copy in our online store3.
Table of Contents Link
On 242 pages you will read:
- Harsh Truths About Corporate Websites (Paul Boag)
- Portfolio Design Study: Design Patterns and Current Practices (Vitaly Friedman)
- Creating A Successful Online Portfolio (Sean Hodge)
- Better User Experience With Storytelling (Francisco Inchauste)
- Designing User Interfaces For Business Web Applications (Janko Jovanovic)
- Progressive Enhancement And Standards Do Not Limit Web Design (new article by Christian Heilmann)
- Color Theory for Professional Designers (Cameron Chapman)
- Is John The Client Dense or Are You Failing Him? (Paul Boag)
- How To Identify and Deal With Different Types Of Clients (Robert Bowen)
- How To Respond Effectively To Design Criticism (Andrew Follett)
- Web Designer’s Guide to Professional Networking (new article by Steven Snell)
- Group Interview: Expert Advice For Students and Young Web Designers (Steven Snell)
- 1 https://shop.smashingmagazine.com/products/the-smashing-library
- 2 https://shop.smashingmagazine.com/products/the-smashing-library
- 3 http://shop.smashingmagazine.com