This showcase is supposed to provide you with some creative ideas for knitting, sewing and crochet. We want you to get inspired for handcraft and creative arts. After going through this showcase follow the links in the end of the post, learn how to knit, feel inspired, turn off the computer, get to your family and start knitting!
You may want to take a look at our related posts
- Handcraft Strikes Back: Buttons, Badges, Pins and Clips
- The Beauty of Paper Art
- Plasticine Art Showcase: Shape Your Imagination
The Beauty of Knitting
Nadja Girod - motifs for knitwear
Learn How To Knit
Below you will find a couple of useful resources that will help you get started with knitting: either by using illustrations or step-by-step-video-tutorials.
- A very detailed and extensive e-book about knitting, with illustrations and step-by-step-tutorials.
- Knitting section on CraftStylish Dozens of detailed tutorials and contents related to knitting.
- Learn how to knit: free knitting videos Grab your knitting needles and yarn, and learn a new knitting skill the easy way: by watching. Start by learning the knitting basics such as Long Tail cast-on and the knit and purl stitches. Those three techniques make up the vast majority of any knitting project, so pat yourself on the back.
- Learn to Knit Learn to knit here in the way that’s best for you — video, illustrations or detailed step-by-step instructions.
- Knit 101 Whether you’re a knitting novice or just need to brush up on the basics, this quick refresher course will get you clicking.
- Knitting on Craft Knitting section on a popular magazine about traditional crafts.
- Ravelry A community site, an organizational tool, and a yarn & pattern database for knitters and crocheters.