Every now and again we take a look around, select “fresh” high-quality free fonts and present them to you in a brief overview. The choice is enormous, so the time you need to find them is usually the time you should be investing in your current projects. We search for them and we find them, so you don’t have to.
In this selection we’re glad to present you Kilogram, Adelle, Ayita Pro, Hattori Hanzo Typeface, Andron, Tertre, Luxi Sans, Sapir, Otari and a couple of other high-quality free fonts. Please read the license agreements carefully before using the fonts — the license can change from time to time.
- Jay Leno and Conan O’Brien From the Eyes of Designers1
- Progressive Enhancement And Standards Do Not Limit Web Design2
- Being Editor-In-Chief Of Smashing Magazine3
- The Designer’s Cross-Training Toolkit4
20 Fresh High Quality Free Fonts Link
Otari Bold Limited10 (Registration is required)
Otari is vibrant and contemporary, but serious and built to last. Its character shines in display type, but doesn’t interfere at text sizes. Otari Bold Limited is available for free download.
Museo Slab 500 and 500 Italic12 (Registration is required, PDF Specimen13)
Museo Slab is robust slab serif which comes in 12 styles. The font family supports a very wide range in languages and is a complete OpenType typeface. Each weight counts 455 glyphs.
Adelle Bold and Adelle Bold Italic (Registration is required, discount code is provided)
The OpenType Basic version, full commercial licence, of Adelle Bold and Bold Italic can be downloaded free of charge. Adelle is a slab serif typeface conceived specifically for intensive editorial use, mainly in newspapers and magazines. The typeface can be used for subheadings and headlines.
A bold condensed script font with hundreds of subtle ligatures and alternates. The Lobster font contains over 70 ligatures and 37 terminal forms. The font supports full Latin1 Charset.
Sketchetik Light17 (Registration is required)
Sketchetik is a hand-drawn font in four styles: light, regular, bold and black. It is recommended for use as display typeface. Only light weight is available for free download and use. Registration is required to download the files.
Ayita Pro SemiBold | Ayita Pro Thin Italic (Registration and checkout are required)
Ayita Pro is a cheerful sans serif design by Jim Ford. Ayita’s open shapes render faithfully at small point sizes and on device screens while the compact design allows more characters per line for headlines. The Ayita Pro fonts feature a typographically-rich Latin character set, with OpenType features for advanced design applications.
Andron20 (Private use only!)
A rich serif font designed by Andreas Stötzner. It contains accents for Roman, Germanic, Slavi, Hungarian, Baltic and Turkish languages. The font is being designed, and the author could use some feedback. Also notice other open source fonts available on the site.
Free Font Sapir
Actually, Sapir was designed as a stop gap, while waiting for better, professionally designed fonts for linguistics. Available in two styles — Regular and Italic. Designed by Eric Schiller.
Tertre Extra Bold and Extra Bold Italic23 (Registration is required)
Tertre is a display/short text typeface with a wide range of applications from signage or posters to menus and pricelists; branding, packaging or publishing. The letters have no overhangs and the stroke thickness of capitals and lower case letters is identical, making hinting or anti-aliasing more uniform at any point size and zoom combination. Two weights, Extra Bold and Extra Bold Italic are available for free download and use.
Franchise is a strong display typeface meant to communicate your message quickly and with power. The characters are drawn to achieve a unifomity without compromising style. Strong, memorable and free. You may want to support the designer by making a small donation.
Free humanist sans-serif font that may serve for catchy and attractive corporate headlines in web designs and booklets. Unfortunately, only one style (Medium) is available. Free for personal and commercial use.
Clementine Sketch Font29
To make this font display correctly — that is, with the beginnings and ends of each word closed — you must begin each word with a capital letter and end each word with the symbol ^. (There are two irregularities: W & V. If a word contains a W, you must end the preceding letter with a ^. If a word contains a V, you must end the preceding letter with a ^ and capitalize the letter following the V.) example: Amazingly^ Fe^w^ Discotheques^ Pro^vIde^ Jukeboxes^.
Triskweline: A new fixed-width font for programmers33
The TrueType TTF version of Triskweline works only at size 10 pt, which should do for your programming editor of choice. However, printing will look funny, as will using the font in word processors like Word or drawing tools like Corel Draw. If your editor supports it, prefer the pixel-font versions of Triskweline (.FON or .PCF).
Barrister Sans Light35
Barrister Sans is a geometric sans-serif designed initially as a corporate Cyrillic typeface which quickly evolved into fully grown typeface, available in Latin, Cyrillic and Greek codepages. It includes a set of 5 weights plus their matching italics, with several Opentype features as ordinals, fractions & tabular lining. Barrister Sans is a modern tech-looking sans serif alternative for all your needs. Available for free download until the 16th of May 2010.
Please notice that the free fonts listed below are still available for free download and use.
FF Nuvo OT Medium38 (Registration is required)
Designed by Siegfried Rückel, it’s a contemporary type design with vertical contrast, and especially the characters a, g and y show the calligraphic touch. Suitable for magazine design from headlines to longer texts as well as for advertising, packaging and corporate design. A free download for a limited time. OpenType.
Mayberry Pro SemiBold40 (Registration is required)
AscenderFonts still offers the font Mayberry Pro Semi Bold for free download. This font belongs to the Mayberry Pro family. This family is a humanist sans serif designed by Steve Matteson to provide optimal legibility on screen in applications ranging from User Interfaces to web pages. The registration is required to download the font.
Last Click Link
- 1 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2010/01/jay-leno-conan-obrien-from-eyes-designers/
- 2 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2010/04/progressive-enhancement-and-standards-do-not-limit-web-design/
- 3 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2010/08/editor-chief-smashing-magazine/
- 4 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2010/12/the-designer-s-cross-training-toolkit/
- 5 http://www.behance.net/Gallery/Kilogram/414472
- 6 http://www.behance.net/Gallery/Kilogram/414472
- 7 http://www.behance.net/Gallery/Kilogram/414472
- 8 http://www.fontsquirrel.com/fonts/Luxi-Sans
- 9 http://www.fontsquirrel.com/fonts/Luxi-Sans
- 10 http://new.myfonts.com/fonts/tk-type/otari/
- 11 http://new.myfonts.com/fonts/tk-type/otari/
- 12 http://www.josbuivenga.demon.nl/museoslab.html
- 13 http://www.exljbris.com/pdf/Museo_Slab_specimen.pdf
- 14 http://www.josbuivenga.demon.nl/museoslab.html
- 15 http://www.behance.net/Gallery/Hattori-Hanzo-typeface/421277
- 16 http://www.behance.net/Gallery/Hattori-Hanzo-typeface/421277
- 17 http://new.myfonts.com/fonts/hiekkagraphics/sketchetik/light/
- 18 http://new.myfonts.com/fonts/hiekkagraphics/sketchetik/light/
- 19 http://www.ascenderfonts.com/font/ayita-pro-semibold.aspx
- 20 http://www.signographie.de/cms/front_content.php?idcat=120
- 21 http://www.fontsquirrel.com/fonts/Sapir
- 22 http://www.fontspace.com/jonathan-calugi/fat-love
- 23 http://new.myfonts.com/fonts/paragraph/tertre/
- 24 http://new.myfonts.com/fonts/paragraph/tertre/
- 25 http://derekweathersbee.com/franchise/
- 26 http://derekweathersbee.com/franchise/
- 27 http://www.fontsquirrel.com/fonts/Surface
- 28 http://www.fontsquirrel.com/fonts/Surface
- 29 http://www.dafont.com/clementine-sketch.font
- 30 http://www.dafont.com/clementine-sketch.font
- 31 http://cargocollective.com/formconspiracy#3400/Soraya
- 32 http://cargocollective.com/formconspiracy#3400/Soraya
- 33 http://www.netalive.org/tinkering/triskweline/
- 34 http://www.netalive.org/tinkering/triskweline/
- 35 http://www.behance.net/Gallery/Barrister-SansA/500663
- 36 http://www.behance.net/Gallery/Barrister-SansA/500663
- 37 http://www.behance.net/Gallery/Barrister-SansA/500663
- 38 http://www.fontshop.com/freefonts/
- 39 http://www.fontshop.com/freefonts/
- 40 http://www.ascenderfonts.com/info/mayberry-pro-free-font.aspx
- 41 http://inspirationlab.wordpress.com/2010/04/16/so-you-need-a-typeface/
- 42 http://inspirationlab.wordpress.com/2010/04/16/so-you-need-a-typeface/