Magento, an open source e-commerce web application, is often a good choice for an e-commerce website. The system is quite powerful and the community around the product is strong, making Magento one of the first options to consider when choosing an engine for your online shop. In this post we present our first Magento-release: a simple and beautiful HelloWired Magento Theme, designed by HelloThemes1 and released especially for Smashing Magazine and its readers. The theme features a clean white background with a simple navigation that will allow you to customize the colors very easily.
The homepage of the theme features many interactive elements. To the left of the newsletter sign-up box you’ll find a jQuery-based product slider. When navigating on a category page, the theme features polished “Add To Cart” buttons; it also integrates a lightbox for preview images of your products and e-commerce icons ready to be used. As usual, the theme is absolutely free to use in all your projects.
Download the theme for free! Link
The theme is released under Creative Commons2. You can use it for all your projects for free and without any restrictions. Please link to this article if you want to spread the word. You may modify the theme as you wish.
- live demo (server currently unavailable — it seems the server couldn’t manage the load…)
- documentation page3
- download the theme4 (.zip, 0.78 Mb)
- download the PSD5 (.zip, 5.3 Mb)
Preview images Link
Promo blocks on the front page of the theme
Multi-level drop-down navigation menu
Large preview (Lightbox)
Thank you, guys! We appreciate your work and your good intentions.
- 1 http://www.hellothemes.com
- 2 http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
- 3 http://www.hellothemes.com/support/documentation/hellowired-documentation/
- 4 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/images/magento-hellowired/free-magento-hellowired-theme.zip
- 5 https://www.smashingmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/images/magento-hellowired/free-magento-hellowired-psd.zip
Hold on, Tiger! Thank you for reading the article. Did you know that we also publish printed books and run friendly conferences – crafted for pros like you? Like SmashingConf New York, on June 14–15, with smart design patterns and front-end techniques.