Today we are glad to release a yet another freebie: Polaroid Magento Theme, a professional design skin for the shops powered by the popular open-source ecommerce web application Magento. The theme was designed by eCommerce-Themes and released for Smashing Magazine and its readers. As usual, the theme is absolutely free to use in private and commerical projects.
Download the theme for free! Link
The theme is released under GPL. You can use it for all your projects for free and without any restrictions. Please link to this article if you want to spread the word. You may modify the theme as you wish.
- live demo
- large preview (.png)
- installation guide and documentation
- download the .zip-package (zip, 1.1 Mb)
- release on the developer’s site
The Polaroid theme includes the following features:
- the Polaroid effect is made with CSS3. The product grid displays products in random orientations.
- Product zoom: the category page was spiced up by adding a zoom functionality to the product grid. When you mouse over a product, it zooms in to show the product in more details.
The .zip-package also contains additional modules “Best Sellers”, “Features Products”, “New Products”, and “Multi Shipping”.
Behind the design Link
As always, here are some insights from the designers:
We wanted to go beyond the boundaries of Magento and break the usual design patterns. We really wanted to try something new, add rich CSS3 features to the Magento theme and experiment a bit with its different features. We are very pleased to share this theme with the community, especially with Smashing Magazine readers.
Thank you, guys. We appreciate your work and your good intentions.
Related Posts Link
You may be interested in the following related posts:
- HelloWired: A Free Magento Theme
- Sigyn SM: A Free Magento Theme
- 25 Magento Templates For Your E-Commerce Business
Hold on tiger! Thank you for reading the article. Did you know that we also publish printed books and run friendly conferences – crafted for pros like you? For example, Smashing Book 5, packed with smart responsive design patterns and techniques.